Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113390 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2019, 11:59:09 am »
I never would have picked up titles like Tharsis and Wandersong had I looked them up before purchasing them.  :P

How DARE you- Wandersong is amazing and you're a terrible person for saying it's not worth it! I'll have you BANNED for this!

(I kid, I kid- it's super not for everyone. My fiancé would hate it. I just found that funny since it's one I was excited to get.)

« Reply #331 on: December 01, 2019, 11:38:47 pm »
Katamari Damacy REROLL is now sold physically at Best Buy and Walmart if you want to remove it from the GameStop list.

mark1982

« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2019, 03:57:39 am »
Two new fun games announced on LRG: Blossom Tales and Dark Devotion ;D

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King is a Zelda Like top down Rpg. I had fun playing it and I'm glad I can change my Digital copy to Physical and add it into my collection!

Dark Devotion - Rogue-like side scrolling action game, looks challenging, right up my alley ;D. Have it in my Digital Switch wishlist, time to cross it off and get a Physical copy

l    l 

« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2019, 07:24:51 pm »
Walmart is now exclusively selling Ubisoft two pack game bundles.

One is the Tom Clancy's Bundle with The Division 2 and a newer version of Rainbow 6 Siege. This is for both PS4 and Xbox One.

Another is a Switch bundle with Mario + Rabbids and Starlink. Starlink being just the game case and not the whole box with toys.

They both have sleeves covering half of the cases.

World of Simulators now has a Switch version with 3 games instead of 5 like the PS4 version. Not sure if that's on Xbox One or not.

There's also a version of Race with Ryan on PS4 with a "Special Offer - Toy Car Inside!" but I'm not sure that's limited to just Walmart.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:57:40 am by weirdfeline »

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2020, 02:53:35 pm »
I will likely stop updating the OP as i've migrated most of the information to a Google Sheet.  The sheet is linked at the top of the OP.  Myself and a few other people will be updating it as necessary.

telly

« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2020, 04:02:08 pm »
Is Mighty Switch Force! any good?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2020, 08:25:27 am »
Is Mighty Switch Force! any good?
I've heard good things, but I have no personal experience with it.

telly

« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2020, 10:57:21 am »
Okay, will most likely pass on it then
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2020, 08:15:42 pm »
You can remove Warned Collectors from that list, they never made anything. They went radio silent shortly after being caught lying about production updates (they never even placed orders with Nintendo) in April last year and closed a few months later.

mark1982

« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2020, 12:16:30 am »

l    l 

telly

« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2020, 10:10:55 am »
Wish I had a Switch but I don't :(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

Flashback2012

« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2020, 10:39:06 am »

Snagged that earlier today. Forgot to get Streets of Rage 4 so that along with Shadowgate and Panzer plus a Saturn controller and Bluetooth dongle = ouch for the wallet.  :P Went regular edition on all of them as well, can't bring myself to pay the extra $30 or so each for their special editions.  :-X

Passed on the Star Wars PC releases last week as I feel I could find those at HPB with a little digging for a fraction of the price and can use something like DosBox to get them running. Also, my cousin's friend inquired about DRM or something on the C&C release and was essentially told it was a Steam code. Seems kinda dumb to pay so much for a physical copy of a digital unlock key.  :o

mark1982

« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2020, 06:33:54 am »
Shantae and the Seven Sirens PS4 and Switch Versions. Prob just get the regular Switch version.

Is Limited Run the only one to do a physical release?

l    l 

« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41:48 am »
Shantae and the Seven Sirens PS4 and Switch Versions. Prob just get the regular Switch version.

Is Limited Run the only one to do a physical release?

there are rumors of a JP release.

« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2020, 11:55:38 am »
Kind of hoping for PQube to get back on board and publish this also after their PS4 release of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero