Author Topic: Anyone else hype for Dead Cells?  (Read 1491 times)

Anyone else hype for Dead Cells?
« on: August 13, 2018, 04:44:45 pm »
I know its out digital now, but I cant wait to get the physical copy for my switch. I've really been into Metroidvanias lately and this one just seems like its going to be kinda special!

Re: Anyone else hype for Dead Cells?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:09:49 pm »
Heard good things, not sure when I'm gonna get it.  I'm still going through the Mega Man X Legacy Collection and The Messenger is supposed to release sometime soon, but depending on when that is, I might then grab Dead Cells afterwards.

argyle

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:55:28 pm »
Yup - funny enough, the whole IGN review plagiarism debacle is what made me really pay attention to it. Looks like my kind of game.  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:06:55 am »
I'm fricken hooked!!! My first few try's were pretty damn rough, and I honestly thought I was gonna end up quitting, but I stuck with it and damnit am I into this game.. Everything about it just so good, like i keep dying but each time I do a little better or find something really cool. It make you want to keep playing... I'm just glad this wasnt a game in the arcades when I was a kid, cause I would have spent taken all my dads money from his change jar to play it and he would have been pissed at me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:08:54 am by justin8301 »

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:12 am »
For you folks who are in love with Dead Cells, 3rd Edition books has made a book about the lore of the game and such.

https://www.thirdeditions.com/en/

soera

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 11:49:41 am »
I started it. Its frustrating though. When do you ever get to a point where you dont start over at the very beginning?

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 06:01:14 pm »
I started it. Its frustrating though. When do you ever get to a point where you dont start over at the very beginning?

From what i understand you always start over at the beginning, but you unlock things that will make starting over easier, like better starting weapons and stuff.

soera

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 06:35:30 pm »
The game does seem pretty fun so far. I just cant seem to progress past a certain point. But Ill keep plugging away.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 02:30:16 am »
The game does seem pretty fun so far. I just cant seem to progress past a certain point. But Ill keep plugging away.

how ya been making out, I got to the last level and got hammered lol. There's nothing like getting a sweet colorless weapon and just ripping shit apart.