Author Topic: What Bands/Artists Are On Your Bucket List? How Many Have You Checked Off?  (Read 2701 times)

I'm lucky enough to have seen my two favorite bands, Reel Big Fish and The Smashing Pumpkins. Seen the Pumpkins twice now, AMAZING shows both times.

The last two times I went to Warped Tour including this year, RBF were there and they were amazing

The last two times I went to Warped Tour including this year, RBF were there and they were amazing

They are always super full of energy, its great! I need to see them again soon.

There are a few I would be tempted to go see:

Smashing Pumpkins

Their Shiny And Oh So Bright tour is crazy good, if they are going to be playing near you do yourself a huge favor and go see them.

I'd really like to see Rush.

Otherwise all the bands I would like to see are dead.

I saw Rush in 2011 and they were okay. The show itself sucks since we were seated next to a lot of angry drunks that were more concerned with picking fights than enjoying the show.

Timing can be such a huge part of this.  I saw Metallica a few years ago, and man they are just a shadow of their former selves.  I was actually a little depressed afterwards.  This is one of the reasons I opted out on that Slayer show this past weekend, but I've got a feeling that I'm going to be kicking myself for it in about 5 years.

I had a similar experience when I saw the Pixies back in 2009. They were one of my favorite bands prior to this show, but it was one of the worst shows I've ever been to. The band had no energy, played like shit, and just played one song after another as if they just wanted to get the show over with and leave. I'd like to think this might have to do with all of them being in their 50s at the time, but they all just seemed sort done with the whole music thing which really killed my desire to listen to their music anymore.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

I’ve already seen Weird Al a couple of times, but I really want to do the VIP ticket thing which includes a meet-n-greet. I’ve had two opportunities but the cost is somewhere between $200-300, and the money hasn’t been available.

The only other band I wouldn’t mind seeing live is Tears For Fears.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

^ Tears for Fears is good. Didn't know they were still active, though.

turf

PRO Supporter

I’ve tried to reply to this at least 3 times.  :P

I’ve seen a ton of live music. I’ve seen everything from Lee Greenwood to Metallica to George Strait.

Metallica 3x
Avenged Sevenfold 10x
Korn 5x

Then I’ve seen a lot of shit bands like Trapt accidentally. I happened upon Seether 2 times in 3 days one.

There’s not a whole lot left that I’d like to see. I wish I had seen Slipknot back in the day when their show was batshit crazy.

Avenged Sevenfold 10x
Missed opportunity to have only seen them seven times!

In terms of having a bucket list I have crossed pretty much every band I really wanted to see off.  And then some from back before I even would have had what you could call a bucket list.

Th aforementioned 2000 run of Ozzfest, so I got to see Ozzy and Pantera who were the co-headliners.  Saw bunch of others there, but none that were "bucket list" worthy.

AC/DC x2
Iron Maiden x2
Amon Amarth x2
Metallica - Lemmy came out on stage and did two songs with them
Megadeth
Garth Brooks
Weird Al
GWAR

And a bunch of gnarly opening acts I'm glad I saw alongside some of these; Lamb of God, Huntress, Ghost

I've got tickets to see A Perfect Circle in a couple of months, and my last bucket list band would probably be Judas Priest.

I saw Avenged Sevenfold way back in 2011.  They put on a great show, my first with pyro and it's crazy how far away you can feel the heat lol

turf

PRO Supporter

I saw Avenged Sevenfold way back in 2011.  They put on a great show, my first with pyro and it's crazy how far away you can feel the heat lol

I saw Metallica on the Summer Sanitarium Tour in 2002 (I think).  It was in the Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams played when they were in St. Louis.  The stage was in one end zone.  I was sitting about 10 rows up in the other end zone.  When they played Fuel, the pyro was so hot, you could feel it over 120 yds away!

A7X puts on a hell of a live show.  I was kind of a fan until I saw them live the first time.  They played Little Piece of Heaven.  I didn't expect that at all.  Then, I was hooked.  I've been a fan ever since. 

Avenged Sevenfold 10x
Missed opportunity to have only seen them seven times!
I may have seen them 11 times, but I'm not sure.  I lost count!

Th aforementioned 2000 run of Ozzfest, so I got to see Ozzy and Pantera who were the co-headliners.  Saw bunch of others there, but none that were "bucket list" worthy.

and

Metallica - Lemmy came out on stage and did two songs with them

I'm super jealous of these two.  ;)

And a bunch of gnarly opening acts I'm glad I saw alongside some of these; Lamb of God, Huntress, Ghost

I saw Lamb of God.  I wasn't impressed at all. 

When I saw Ghost, I felt like I didn't need to be there.  I'm not the spooky type.  I know it's just a show, but I felt like I need to go to church IMMEDIATELY!!

I used to know a guy who to this day. wins all his live concert tickets  for free by calling in at the right time at a few local radio stations. I  personally am not interested in seeing any bands in person or live. But

Yea you fellas should listen to the radio more often and you may even win concert tickets by calling and calling a radio station over and over, this guy I knew does this all the time and he wins a lot of free tickets this way in our local area but in a way he has to earn them by repeat calling a radio station to get on air and he is successful most of the time :)

when and if the DJ says caller 109 or whatever wins the tickets for free it's usually true  :)

I am talking about the FM stations not satellite or online
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:13:23 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I saw Lamb of God.  I wasn't impressed at all. 

When I saw Ghost, I felt like I didn't need to be there.  I'm not the spooky type.  I know it's just a show, but I felt like I need to go to church IMMEDIATELY!!

Lamb of God’s audio mix was terrible when I saw them.  Wasn’t impressed either.

I knew next to nothing when Ghost started their show opening for Maiden.  After the first song I was hooked.

I also just saw that Huntress’s lead singer Jill Janus committed suicide yesterday.  It’s a shame she was pretty talented, but had loads of mental health issues.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:04:49 pm by Cartagia »

Lamb of God was great for me.  I'm not a huge fan, but they put on a real good show.  Ghost is awesome and were one of the bands I really wanted to check out and so happy that I did.  Very sad that I won't get to see Huntress after what happened with their singer as I dig a number of their songs.