Author Topic: Where to look for retro games in Frankfurt  (Read 1329 times)

ferraroso

Where to look for retro games in Frankfurt
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:52:26 am »
Hi guys

I will go straight to the point:
I am going to Germany on September 2nd for a conference and I will have some free time to spend in Frankfurt on 09/03. Does anyone know of a good place to go in order to look for retro stuff in the city? Also, if someone happens to know of any good places to go or interesting things to do in the city, I will definitely appreciate.

After my short stay in Frankfurt, I will go to the small town of Hildeseheim for the rest of my one week trip, so if you guys have any recommendations about either Frankfurt or Hildesheim, please let me know.

PS: If anyone here lives in Germany and happens to be free while I am in the country, let me know and I will be sure to take you some gifts from Japan.

As always, I appreciate all the help!

sworddude

Re: Where to look for retro games in Frankfurt
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:00:53 pm »
In germany the majority of the games are with german packaging and boxes. In other countries english copies are or the main thing or not that rare to find but in Germany everything needs to be in german it seems. German screen text is also a thing to look out for unlike other countries.

Even the majority of the retro games are not excluded from this issue. I don't know what your seeking but germany is not the best place to hunt for games unless your interested in german games or ofcourse you just want to look around.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »
I think he is taking a trip there and wants to know if there are any game shops anyone knows about.

just a quick google search comes up with these along with a bunch of gamestops:

Foxter Games Frankfurt
Am Weingarten 7, 60487 Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Foxter Games Kelkheim
Frankfurter Str. 53, 65779 Kelkheim (Taunus), Germany

Gametitan
Frankfurter Str. 50, 63065 Offenbach am Main, Germany

there are also a place called game hunter and a place called gameload but they are blured from google and I cannot access their website to see if they are video game related on my work computer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:23:49 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
That’s right, I’m looking for places where I can find retro stuff in Frankfurt, I really don’t have a problem with the games being in German.
I think I’ll be going to Foxter Games as it seems to be only store dedicated to old games in the city.

Thank you, guys!

soera

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 10:36:06 pm »
Check your messages (off topic but still!)