Author Topic: Worthy of a seperate entry?  (Read 1220 times)

Worthy of a seperate entry?
« on: September 04, 2018, 10:20:04 pm »
So I just picked up Toby: The Secret Mine up at PAX. As you can see, the listing states some versions have a drawstring bag included- that's the version I have. My first thought upon seeing this setup was to make a new listing for the variant with the bag. Then I looked over the box- there is nothing on the outer packaging to indicate a separate SKU. The bag sn't packaged inside the game- rather, both have been placed into a UPC-less, generic 'game fairy' box. I would imagine the publisher uses these across multiple games with extra goodies attached to them.

Which leaves me wondering- do I make the seperate listing? There's no difference in the acutal information being presented, and the box is not intrinsically part of the release... it feels like making seperate listings for different colored trays in a CD jewel case release. At the same time- the bag is a pretty clear difference of content, enough so that in almost any other situation I wouldn't question making the seperate entry.

I thought I'd get some feedback before cluttering up the database.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:21:39 pm by hoshichiri »

tripredacus

Re: Worthy of a seperate entry?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:58 am »
The drawstring thing can be added as a separate entry into some swag category, if it isn't already.

I would need to see a picture of how the item is boxed to suggest further. There doesn't seem to be one of those helpful unboxing videos on youtube with this, which is what I will usually look for.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:39:01 am »
Yeah, I second the idea of a swag category for that item, but feel free to show a photo!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:12:54 am »
It's a bit hard to photograph the inside of the box well, but here's what I've got:

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:16:27 am »
That's not too bad! At least you can see the game inside, I was thinking it was a generic box with no window. You can add it as

Toby: The Secret Mine (Game Fairy)

and put into description what is included in the box.
Since there is no numbering on the outer box, the barcode field would be empty on the entry, and you would put into the description field what the item number and barcode are for the game inside.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 11:16:40 pm »
That's not too bad! At least you can see the game inside, I was thinking it was a generic box with no window. You can add it as

Toby: The Secret Mine (Game Fairy)

and put into description what is included in the box.
Since there is no numbering on the outer box, the barcode field would be empty on the entry, and you would put into the description field what the item number and barcode are for the game inside.

Alright! I'll get that set up in the morning, when I can take some better pictures for the listing.