Author Topic: Thimbleweed Park PC version is published by Fangamer - not by LRG  (Read 1505 times)

Thimbleweed Park PC version is published by Fangamer - not by LRG
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:56:24 am »
I have been trying to make a change to this entry for Thimbleweed Park - Collector's Game Box for the PC, released by Fangamer in 2017:
https://vgcollect.com/item/132557
but have been declined twice.

Someone added Limited Run Games as publisher for the PC version, however LRG did not publish this, Fangamer did, in 2017.
Later, in 2018, LRG published the game for PS4 and Switch, and they sold the PC game for Fangamer for a limited time, however they still did not have anything to do with publishing the PC version.

I tried to remove LRG as publisher but the change was declined, and I tried to remove LRG as publisher and adding to the description that it was published by Fangamer (since they are not in the distributer list on VGC), and this was declined as well, along with all the original text in the description field being deleted.

This is the original Fangamer PC release that I added to VGC on 09-18-2017:
https://www.fangamer.com/products/thimbleweed-park-game-box
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:15:25 am by medisto »

tripredacus

Re: Thimbleweed Park PC version is published by Fangamer - not by LRG
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:36 am »
I just added Fangamer to the Publishers list. Then i was able to change it to that.

For some reason when I try to change the publisher to the default "select" option, it would never generate an edit request in the queue. It also would not generate a reject notification for me.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:22:50 am »
Great, thanks for that :)
I just re-added the original box contents description text copy-pasted from Fangamer's site as well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:29:40 am by medisto »

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:00 am »
This description added has some problems.

Recreate a happier time when software like Thimbleweed Park� came in a box from stores. This collector�s edition box will delight for generations to come.

This line isn't good for description. Also forgive the diamond symbols, the other screen does not show what this character is. Due to proximity to "Thimbleweed Park" we can surmise it is a trademark symbol or the list, which should not be put onto an entry.

Full description attempted:

Recreate a happier time when software like Thimbleweed Park� came in a box from stores. This collector�s edition box will delight for generations to come.

In addition to a multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) copy of the game on DVD, it contains a black-and-white manual, a fold-out �Explore Thimbleweed Park Country� free tourist map, a 10/13/87 edition of the Thimbleweed Nickel, bonus stickers, the Official Thimbleweed Park� Post-it Note� Speck of Dust� (not actual size) and a floppy disk.

Should be done better and not like this. Here is an example:

Game on DVD supports Windows, Mac, Linux.
Includes:
- black and white manual
- Explore Thimbleweed Park Country map
- Thimbleweed Nickel dated 10/13/87
- stickers
- Post-It Note
- speck of dust
- Floppy Disk

Better describe this "speck of dust" as I think... what is it? Also if the floppy disk is a certain size, is it actually usable and what is printed on the label.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 10:33:56 am »
Ok, that's cool, I'll just leave it as is.
The floppy disk works, it has some game related images on it and the speck of dust is a reference to some ingame stuff that I won't spoil here :)

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:11:55 pm »
I have been trying to make a change to this entry for Thimbleweed Park - Collector's Game Box for the PC, released by Fangamer in 2017:

Someone added Limited Run Games as publisher for the PC version, however LRG did not publish this, Fangamer did, in 2017.
Later, in 2018, LRG published the game for PS4 and Switch, and they sold the PC game for Fangamer for a limited time, however they still did not have anything to do with publishing the PC version.

I tried to remove LRG as publisher but the change was declined, and I tried to remove LRG as publisher and adding to the description that it was published by Fangamer (since they are not in the distributer list on VGC), and this was declined as well, along with all the original text in the description field being deleted.

HOW DARE YOU EDIT MY EDIT!!!!1!!  >:(

Just kidding  ;D. When I put that information in, it was from when LRG listed it on their site along with the PS4/Switch versions. I assumed (wrongly) that they published the PC version as well and having never really dealt with Fangamer, was unaware they were the actual publishers. At least it's been fixed.  ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:19:23 pm »

HOW DARE YOU EDIT MY EDIT!!!!1!!  >:(

Just kidding  ;D. When I put that information in, it was from when LRG listed it on their site along with the PS4/Switch versions. I assumed (wrongly) that they published the PC version as well and having never really dealt with Fangamer, was unaware they were the actual publishers. At least it's been fixed.  ;)

Heh, all is good now, and I see that the updated description has been added as well :)

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 10:30:51 am »
If anyone who has this can update it a little to describe what "speck of dust" is physically and the size/color/label of the floppy disk, it would be better. ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 05:38:45 pm »
Mine is sealed since I already had the game digitally when the box set was released. But I'll see if I can find a good photo of the contents online.