Author Topic: Have You Seen the Captain Marvel Trailer Yet?!  (Read 778 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Have You Seen the Captain Marvel Trailer Yet?!
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:54:37 pm »

Re: Have You Seen the Captain Marvel Trailer Yet?!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
It looks good and I didn't know it was gonna start out set in I think the 90's with a younger Nick Fury.  Surprised me with the Blockbuster signage lol
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:05:38 pm by kamikazekeeg »

hexen

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:55:49 pm »
Why does it look amazing? What sets it apart? It is exactly the same as every other superhero movie trailer over the past 10 years, which is a loooooooot. It's not incompetent or anything, but it's in no way special. Personally, the behind the scenes drama makes me much less interested than the stock trailer makes me interested.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »
It looks quite a bit different. Most Marvel movies are more comedic. This looked like a sci-fi epic more akin to Independence Day or Stargate than it does a normal superhero movie.

Flashback2012

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:50:02 pm »
Decent teaser trailer. I like the Blockbuster cameo. I have to imagine we won't see anything regarding Carol ever being Ms. Marvel in the MCU and a part of me is fine with that as the MCU is kind of it's own thing at this point (like how Stark created Ultron instead of Hank Pym). I'm curious to see if she'll have any connection to the Kree or if they shoehorn her in as part of the Nova Corps. I'm looking forward to Lee Pace reprising his role as Ronan.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »
I know absolutely dick about Captain Marvel.  I know she was an Air Force Captain and she got some powers from Mar-Vel somehow.  That's all I know.  I'm going into this with a completely clean slate. 
I'm excited.  There have been very few Marvel movies that weren't a blast to watch.