Author Topic: Any game store recommendations in Denver?  (Read 1998 times)

rayne315

Re: Any game store recommendations in Denver?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 11:01:21 am »

Gamezone: Do not go there! It's by far the worst game store I've ever been too. Extremely overpriced, below average selection, and just a crap store all around. I'm astounded they are still in business.

I just got back from my honey moon and although we didn't go to really any game stores we did end up eating at a place right by this store and I have to admit your synopsis of this place was spot on. I was wandering around just looking for 1 game to buy and get out so we could see the sights but everything was WAY overpriced. the lowest priced item I saw was $5.99 and they were loose DS shovelware (in generic cases) that I could easily get for pennies. I didn't look too closely at the Cartridge sections but I do remember $80 loose CBFD and $30 loose Tecmo Superbowl. they had an extensive collection of games to buy but not at the prices they were asking.

The layout of the store was confusing as well. they had way too many glass locked countertops that were randomly spread throughout the store, that when I was in the zone I accidentally walked passed the ones with registers on them that was an unmarked un-doored employee only area. It was the only area that they had used Nintendo switch games half of which were in generic cases with its title sharpied in small letters you wouldn't be able to read on the customer side of the registers.

overall I ended up walking out without buying anything.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 08:31:22 pm »
Thanks again so much for the recommendations; Our plans changed around a bit but I ended up making it to Gamesource Boulder and one of the Level 7s. Picked up a sealed copy of Death Jr. 2 from Gamesource and a few NES commons I needed from Level 7. Overall really happy with my haul, I really appreciate the advice!

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 11:57:45 am »
Thanks again so much for the recommendations; Our plans changed around a bit but I ended up making it to Gamesource Boulder and one of the Level 7s. Picked up a sealed copy of Death Jr. 2 from Gamesource and a few NES commons I needed from Level 7. Overall really happy with my haul, I really appreciate the advice!

That's great! Yeah, Gameforce has the best selection of games overall in the state, although ironically their NES and SNES collection is kind of meh. Glad you found some good stuff :)