Author Topic: Your Favorite And Least Favorite Kind Of Music  (Read 3810 times)

Your Favorite And Least Favorite Kind Of Music
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:30:00 pm »
My most favorite kind of music is called many different things. one of the things it is called is "Hard Rock", but it can pass for "Hair Metal", or "Light Metal" to Some early Heavy Metal,
I pretty much like any kind of old music. I listen to 1930's music onward but post 1950's rock music is what really speaks to me.  so basically anything 1960 and upwards is what I really like but I have much older music and much newer types or music also .

All my music is all in one playlist.

my second favorite kind of music is Pop, Then Disco  Then Country,  than Blues

I am not really into Classical or Jazz at the moment or Rap or Hip Hop

I am a Pop/Rock person How about you guys and girls? :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:34:51 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Your Favorite And Least Favorite Kind Of Music
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:43:49 pm »
Rock, metal, classic rock - Specifically metalcore, 80s hair metal, thrash/speed metal, and melodic death metal. With a few sprinklings of power metal and progressive metal. Have to admit I like a few 80s new wave songs, too.

Don't like rap and hip-hop.

I think I was supposed to be a teenager in the 80s, not sure what happened there...

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 03:12:28 pm »
Equally into electronic music and metal these days. Favourite metal is melodeath and industrial metal.

Least favourite, there isn't really any particular genre I hate as any genre can have good music. But whatever you call that genre that every single song on the radio is nowadays, like it's not pop or dance but somewhere in the middle, whatever that is, burn it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:15:35 pm by pizzasafari »

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 04:30:02 pm »
In general, I love heavy metal, thrash, power, death, etc, but there's a lot of variation in there.  That's at the top as there's rock and punk I like to.

Least favorite is easily country, rap/hip-hop.  Is there stuff in there I can maybe like? Here and there, like I get a kick out of Beastie Boys once in awhile, but in general, there's very little that has any sort of appeal to me.  There's a few other things, but in general aren't music I come across much, compared to say country or rap which still has a lot of popularity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:30:58 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 04:50:32 pm »
Favorite: Shoegaze, Dreampop, Trip Hop, Nu Metal, New Wave

Least Favorite: Country, Rap, Hip Hop, Pirate Rock

telly

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 05:37:19 pm »
My favorites are Jazz, Classical, Funk, Classic Rock and Hip Hop

Least favorite is Country by a longggggg shot
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

wolfen

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 05:56:26 pm »
My favorites eras are the 60s and 70s, but for the most part I'll listen to anything from the 1940s up to some music now.

If I had to pick a favorite genre it's probably a mix of rock/folk.

I DESPISE modern country and I dislike a lot of modern rap and metal.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »
Favorite: Metal preferentially Power Metal

Dislike: Rap,Christmas Music... Also is it weird to feel a burning sensation if you happen to hear Gospel music... Asking for a friend
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:08:46 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 06:20:59 pm »
Nothing worth noting.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:46:50 pm by wolff242 »

thewelshman

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:08 pm »

Modern Country is absolute trash and I am assaulted with it on a regular basis. EVERY business in my area plays modern country. Whether it's the local grocery store, dollar store, quick lube, or admin assistants' desk, it's always being played. I'd wager that 70% of the ring tones in a 50 mile radius is some bro country song. SO Many dudes around here have this misguided idea that they can make it as a country music star "cause their music tells it like it is." They're rocking their flashiest Affliction shirts, and their Diesel Brand jeans, tucked into their uncomfortably clean work boots.

I completely got derailed from the actual subject...lousy modern country.

I listen to a lock of rock/hard rock, metal, but also enjoy folks, and classical on occasion.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »
Favorite: Metal preferentially Power Metal

Dislike: Rap... Also is it weird to feel a burning sensation if you happen to hear Gospel music... Asking for a friend

Gospel music gives certain gifted people a burning sensation in their chest area because it allows God to enter our body to comfort our soul, It's a Christian thing, and yes it is normal. The Christians call it the Holy Spirit in which is actually God's spiritual communication with us Christians. It is how God can actually talk to us.. I am an advanced biblical teacher in another place on the internet and this burning sensation in the chest of your friend is actually is a vary good sign. unless he or she is feeling pain in the chest

As far as Gospel music goes I think it is alright, but for my religious music I prefer "Guitar Included Christian Rock music. The Holy Spirit/God is also felt in un-corrupted churches it is a burning sensation in the chest area and it means God is blessing and working with you also

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:17:09 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 08:10:20 pm »

Modern Country is absolute trash and I am assaulted with it on a regular basis. EVERY business in my area plays modern country. Whether it's the local grocery store, dollar store, quick lube, or admin assistants' desk, it's always being played. I'd wager that 70% of the ring tones in a 50 mile radius is some bro country song. SO Many dudes around here have this misguided idea that they can make it as a country music star "cause their music tells it like it is." They're rocking their flashiest Affliction shirts, and their Diesel Brand jeans, tucked into their uncomfortably clean work boots.

I completely got derailed from the actual subject...lousy modern country.

I listen to a lock of rock/hard rock, metal, but also enjoy folks, and classical on occasion.

I only listen to old country, I don't even know what the modern stuff sound like

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 08:43:23 pm »
I only listen to old country, I don't even know what the modern stuff sound like

It's basically just pop music.  Like I'm not a country fan, but I kept hearing what is currently the popular country stuff on the radio for abit and it's basically pop music with an acoustic guitar.  It's just super sanitized and bland.

stealthrush

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 10:24:17 pm »
Favorite: Nu-metal, Heavy metal, Alternative metal & rock, Power metal, Symphonic metal, Neoclassical metal, Speed metal, Glam metal, Groove metal, Industrial metal, Rap metal, New Wave, Dark Wave, Gothic rock, Post-Rock, Post-Grunge, Europop, Classical, Orchestral.

Somewhat: Grunge, Progressive metal, Underground hip-hop & rap, Electronic rock, Industrial, Electropunk, Electronica, New Romantic, Trip Hop, Experimental rock, Bubblegum pop, Synthpop, Classic country, Classic pop (70-90s) Hair metal, Dreampop, Art rock Ska.

Least Favorite (tolerable to): Thrash, modern Country, Punk, Post-Punk, Metalcore, Screamo, Hardcore, Hardcore Punk, Adult contemporary, Emo, Shoegaze, Funk, Gospel, Reggae, Dubstep, Techno, Indie.

Do not listen to: modern Pop (radio stuff of all genres for the most part), Kpop, Kawaii, Death, Doom, Sludge, Easy, Scat, Slam, Stoner, Drone, Satanic, Grind, Noise, Crunk, Trap, Brostep, Anarcho-punk, Rap, Hip-hop, R&B, Jazz, Folk, Pirate Rock, EDM, modern Indie.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:37:54 pm by stealthrush »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 10:40:55 pm »
Rock, metal, classic rock - Specifically metalcore, 80s hair metal, thrash/speed metal, and melodic death metal. With a few sprinklings of power metal and progressive metal. Have to admit I like a few 80s new wave songs, too.

Don't like rap and hip-hop.

I think I was supposed to be a teenager in the 80s, not sure what happened there...

I forgot to mention Synthwave. Thanks for reminding me, Stealthrush. It's a somewhat new discovery for me (maybe a year or so ago). All these new artists/bands trying to bring back a certain 80s Hollywood sound that many movies at the time had.