Author Topic: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite  (Read 19221 times)

Re: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 03:50:42 pm »
I've really been into collecting CDs the past few years. The good wills around me have CDs for $1 and they always have good stuff for some reason. I use the CLZ apps for IOS to catalog the collection and everything gets ripped to my PC in Apple Lossless. I have a Schiit Audio Fulla 2 DAC/AMP running to some Edifier desktop speakers and thats really enough for me.  Sitting at a little over 700 CDs right now with a big stack on the floor i still have to rip and catalog. I really listen to a little bit of everything, but am big into like 90's rock, ska, punk, and classic rock.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 04:50:26 pm »
I ended up on a Black Sabbath kick since watching Razorfist's Metal Mythos on them and grabbed 4 CD's
-Dehumanizer
-the Eternal Idol
-Headless Cross
-Tyr

On a bit of a sad note The Record Store a store close to me is closing at the end of January. O have bought a sizable chunk of my CD and Comic collection there so it's going to be sad to see them go. It's a place where you could dig for hours and almost always come out of there with a good amount of stuff. Walls, displays and aisles completely filled up with comics, movies, figures, and music.

I read but I forgot what you posted @redblaze57  I was not ignoring your post, yea, sound like you like some of the more newer Black Sabbath, stuff I never heard of those Black Sabbath albums before to be honest  How are those albums and by the way who is your favorite Black Sabbath singer, do you like Ozzy Osbourne?, or Ronnie James Dio? or Glenn Hughes?

OR
Ian Gillan or Dave Walker, Ron Keel,  David Donato, Ray Gillen, Tony Martin?

I've really been into collecting CDs the past few years. The good wills around me have CDs for $1 and they always have good stuff for some reason. I use the CLZ apps for IOS to catalog the collection and everything gets ripped to my PC in Apple Lossless. I have a Schiit Audio Fulla 2 DAC/AMP running to some Edifier desktop speakers and thats really enough for me.  Sitting at a little over 700 CDs right now with a big stack on the floor i still have to rip and catalog. I really listen to a little bit of everything, but am big into like 90's rock, ska, punk, and classic rock.

I hear you got quite a collection yourself @justin8301 I have around 700 myself, I recommend music to everyone who wants to just space out and clear their busy mind, some people watch tv for that but I rather listen to music myself :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:01:05 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
I ended up on a Black Sabbath kick since watching Razorfist's Metal Mythos on them and grabbed 4 CD's
-Dehumanizer
-the Eternal Idol
-Headless Cross
-Tyr

On a bit of a sad note The Record Store a store close to me is closing at the end of January. O have bought a sizable chunk of my CD and Comic collection there so it's going to be sad to see them go. It's a place where you could dig for hours and almost always come out of there with a good amount of stuff. Walls, displays and aisles completely filled up with comics, movies, figures, and music.

I read but I forgot what you posted @redblaze57  I was not ignoring your post, yea, sound like you like some of the more newer Black Sabbath, stuff I never heard of those Black Sabbath albums before to be honest  How are those albums and by the way who is your favorite Black Sabbath singer, do you like Ozzy Osbourne?, or Ronnie James Dio? or Glenn Hughes?

OR
Ian Gillan or Dave Walker, Ron Keel,  David Donato, Ray Gillen, Tony Martin?

I would say my favorite singer is Dio Tony Martin would be a good second, and the one I like the least is Ozzy. Heaven and hell is my favorite album of theirs that I own. The 4 CDs I listed actually came out after the Seventh Star(that being an album I still need to get) so I wouldn't say it's their newer stuff but I do want to check out Iommi's other stuff that would be under the name Black Sabbath if it wasn't for the debacle with the name Black Sabbath cause in the end I do believe Black Sabbath is Iommi's band.

The only albums I don't have that I want to get are "the Seventh Star" and "the Devil You Know"

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 08:52:59 am »
Has anyone heard of the metal band called "Skid Row"? there also good too in my opinion. I personally like both their debut album called "Skid Row" and another one of their albums called
"Slave To The Grind" if you liked the band "Dokken: you might also like "Skid Row"  :)

Recommended albums by the band called "Skid Row"

1: Skid Row, Skid Row
2: Skid Row, Slave To The Grind
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:42:52 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

azure

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »
Not sure if this has been brought up, but is there anyone here who goes for videogame OSTs on vinyl? In the past year or so I have gotten into it and it's pretty enjoyable.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 02:53:09 pm »
Not sure if this has been brought up, but is there anyone here who goes for videogame OSTs on vinyl? In the past year or so I have gotten into it and it's pretty enjoyable.

I have heard someone on here mention videogame OSTs before. I don't personally own any currently. But I can see why you would like them, I personally enjoy the sims 1 PC game soundtrack, I used to run my sims game and sleep on purpose listening to the songs play, it is vary relaxing.

I'm sure someone besides us on this forum likes video game original soundtracks :)

NO APPS NEEDED

mrnikon

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 11:03:53 am »
I collect most punk vinyl, got a few test pressings. most of The Templars.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 01:36:15 am »
Another hard rock music band that not too many people talk about that is also great in my opinion the band is called "Great White" They did a few Led Zeppelin band cover songs, but not all their songs are covered I believe , a good album to watch for is Great White's "Psycho City" album

Great White's ..Twice Shy album also has some good songs on it too. I also have Great White's "Hooked" album and didn't even realize  that until writing this post I still haven't heard much of it though

Hmm I never heard of "The Templars" what band can you compare "The Templars" with?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:45:37 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 02:25:11 pm »
Another hard rock music band that not too many people talk about that is also great in my opinion the band is called "Great White" They did a few Led Zeppelin band cover songs, but not all their songs are covered I believe , a good album to watch for is Great White's "Psycho City" album

Great White's ..Twice Shy album also has some good songs on it too. I also have Great White's "Hooked" album and didn't even realize  that until writing this post I still haven't heard much of it though

Hmm I never heard of "The Templars" what band can you compare "The Templars" with?

If you go to Warwick, RI, you may meet people who like to talk about "Great White"

gf78

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:13 am »
I used to have a huge music collection years ago, almost 2000 CD's. I sold nearly all of them off to make way for our growing daughters who needed separate rooms. And besides, it was just cumbersome. Almost a burden having all of them! 

These days, I still listen to all of the 70's, 80's and 90's metal acts as well as some great new bands that have come around in the 2000's and newer. Judas Priest, AC/DC, Dokken, Cinderela, Twisted Sister, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Metallica, Megadeth, Scorpions, etc. Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time!

As for newer music & bands, these are some of my absolute favorites.

Ghost:  Check out the tracks Square Hammer, Ritual, Dance Mabre & Cirice.

In This Moment:  Check out Whore, Black Wedding and Call Me.

Halestorm:  Check out Freak Like Me, I Get Off, Love Bites and Here's to Us.

Stone Sour:  Check out Through the Glass, Knievel has Landed, Tired and Bother.

Those are just some of my favorite songs by these bands. They are also phenomenal to see live!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 01:07:00 am »
I used to have a huge music collection years ago, almost 2000 CD's. I sold nearly all of them off to make way for our growing daughters who needed separate rooms. And besides, it was just cumbersome. Almost a burden having all of them! 

These days, I still listen to all of the 70's, 80's and 90's metal acts as well as some great new bands that have come around in the 2000's and newer. Judas Priest, AC/DC, Dokken, Cinderela, Twisted Sister, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Metallica, Megadeth, Scorpions, etc. Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time!

As for newer music & bands, these are some of my absolute favorites.

Ghost:  Check out the tracks Square Hammer, Ritual, Dance Mabre & Cirice.

In This Moment:  Check out Whore, Black Wedding and Call Me.

Halestorm:  Check out Freak Like Me, I Get Off, Love Bites and Here's to Us.

Stone Sour:  Check out Through the Glass, Knievel has Landed, Tired and Bother.

Those are just some of my favorite songs by these bands. They are also phenomenal to see live!

You listen to the same great stuff man, In fact every band that you mentioned in your post has made some great hits in my opinion ;)

Hard rock music may be some of my most favorite but I do like a little Pop and Dance music too, I get mostly rock related music though, I also listen to country and folk
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:10:15 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

gf78

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 07:44:40 am »
That's awesome!  I'm not exclusive to Metal, but is definitely my predominant genre. I grew up in the late 70's. My earliest music exposure was of course what my parents listened to. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Iron Butterfly, Blondie, Deep Purple and bands like that.

I have a fondness for many golden oldies having grew up hearing them. Songs by Chuck Berry, Tommy James and the Shondells, J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers, etc.

Not really into country, but I also grew up hearing Dolly Parton. I used to stare at her album covers as a little kid while the records were playing. Even at four years old give or take,  her chest was mesmerizing to me!   :P

I also like some folk music like Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 01:22:09 pm »
Picked up some new albums while I can still go to that store I mentioned was closing since all new Cd's are currently half off

Axel Rudi Pell - Knight's Call
House of Lords - Saint of the Lost Souls
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Kamelot - the Shadow Theory
Leaves' Eyes - Sign of the Dragonhead

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 01:33:10 pm »
Picked up some new albums while I can still go to that store I mentioned was closing since all new Cd's are currently half off

Axel Rudi Pell - Knight's Call
House of Lords - Saint of the Lost Souls
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Kamelot - the Shadow Theory
Leaves' Eyes - Sign of the Dragonhead

hmm Axel Rudi Pell is good not to be confused with Axel Rose from "Guns 'n' Roses"  if you like "Axel Rudi Pell" you may also like the band called "Helloween" Helloween's Straight Out Of Hell album is pretty good but I haven't heard the whole thing yet.

Judas Priest was one of my favorites as a teenager but I eventually abandoned them
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:45:32 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 05:01:10 pm »
I been meaning on getting another "Seether" album for a while, in case nobody knows "Seether" is actually the name of a decent in my opinion modern rock or metal band from South Africa

I  used to have their "Disclaimer 2" album but I bought it on a shared budget, and to be nice I gave it to a person who left me, I miss the Disclaimer 2 album too. from what I remember these guys were pretty good. I just heard the band "Seether" on the satellite radio today and I can safely say this is another at least, decent modern rock band I'd like to  get more into
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:07:35 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED