Author Topic: What Is The Highest Price You'll Pay For Generation 2 Video Game (not selling)  (Read 3645 times)

mrnikon

Depends on the game and system. Vectrex stuff if complete I would pay out for that. I am still searching for a new controller for mine. those things are not cheep, everything else maybe 10 bucks or so.

soera

I paid (I think) $25 for a sealed copy of Krull for the Atari 2600. Its the only game I would have spent any money on from that era cause its one of my favorite movies of all time.

Most of the people here have commented on the lack of staying power from that generation and I happen to agree. The graphics/play style/etc even when 8-bit was new was so out dated at that time.

I just heard a story from a guy last week that said his mom just bought a real Atari 2600, So that may be proof that at least some people are looking to buy A generation 2 console, I don't have one but like I said on another post I now have a portable Atari emulator that emulates just about the whole entire single player library.

I don't really know why I like the games so much, I think it's how easy and well balanced the games are designed, and if you lose you don't miss out on anything, I definitely been bit by the generation 2 video game bug.

As far as the graphics go some of the Atari games do have better detail than others. But I don't like how uncomfortable the Atari joystick is for my non portable Atari Flashback console. but my Atari Portable device that I got is perfect and the most comfortable experience. It has a D-pad and all of the Atari triggers in button form not switches
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:10:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

gf78

Obviously, there is a demand for these pre-NES oldies. Otherwise, you wouldn't keep seeing the retro mini-consoles, mini arcade cabinets, etc.

For me, the only pre-NES stuff that I would consider buying or have bought are Nintendo games like Donkey Kong & Mario Bros.  Coincidentally,  the only pre-NES games in my collection.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

astralorange

Honestly I don't even know if I'd want an Atari 2600 for free. I wouldn't play it, so it would be a waste of space. I only keep systems and games I actually play. My dad owned an Atari 2600 before I got my own NES as a kid, and I played it maybe a dozen times and really never enjoyed any of the games I tried on it. This is probaly because the 2nd generation of gaming is before my time but I just find the games overly simple and boring. NES is probably the oldest console that I could actually enjoy on a decent level. Even then, I'm more of a SNES guy.

azotam

Idealistically under $1, only if the entire library, in addition to the system, was included. I wouldn't get the Atari 2600, as I preferred the ColecoVision and Intellivision. The former might be better as Intellivision controllers are known to be prone to breakage.
Still updating collection.

pzeke

I’m all about retro, I love it, and even though both the Atari 2600 and the ColecoVision were the first consoles that I ever experienced, mainly the former, I honestly don’t think I would want any in my collection. For one, I don’t have the space for them; and secondly, I am 100% sure they’ll either gather dust or end up stored somewhere in my closet...or in one of those storage totes. Not that I don’t appreciate these consoles, on the contrary; I’m simply not interested in them as I would have been a few decades ago.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

The Colecovision is definitely worth it if you enjoy older arcade games. Pepper II, Burgertime, Frogger, Montezuma's Revenge, Tutankham, Spy Hunter, Mouse Trap, and lots of others... they all got really solid ports on the system.

The most I've probably paid for a Colecovision game was about $30 for Mr. Do's Castle. It's cheap-ish to get games for, and a lot of them are solid old fun.

tpugmire

I paid $100 for about 210 Atari 2600 and 7800 games. I also have 3 2600’s for some reason, in addition to a 7800, 800XL, and 1200XL. So yeah, I like Atari. I wouldn’t pay much more than $20 a game though.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

I paid 5 bucks for twelve 2600 games at a yardsale, which seemed like a good deal. I don't even own a 2600, so I gave them to a friend who does. So if it seems like a good deal, then perhaps I would buy more. However like other comments, I am not really into anything pre-NES.

The Colecovision is definitely worth it if you enjoy older arcade games. Pepper II, Burgertime, Frogger, Montezuma's Revenge, Tutankham, Spy Hunter, Mouse Trap, and lots of others... they all got really solid ports on the system.

The most I've probably paid for a Colecovision game was about $30 for Mr. Do's Castle. It's cheap-ish to get games for, and a lot of them are solid old fun.

Protip: If you can find one, get a Canadian Colecovision, or at least the Canadian power supply. Much easier cable to manage.