Author Topic: Does anyone speak Korean that can help translate something for me?  (Read 2532 times)

The text in question cannot be copy/pasted in to a translator (nor if the URL is used) so I need help translating it.  Thank you in advance.

Re: Does anyone speak Korean that can help translate something for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:23:32 am »
This is just a list of profanities.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:12:29 am »

If you do not have anything to add to a conversation do not make a post.

I tired to see if I could just copy and past the characters from other Korean text into google translate but I quickly came to the understanding that that is not possible with the amount of time I have to give. the base characters are easy but if you notice every character is actually a cluster of multiple base characters. which makes it nearly impossible to just copy and paste from other texts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:27:30 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:26:53 am »

I tired to see if I could just copy and past the characters from other Korean text into google translate but I quickly came to the understanding that that is not possible with the amount of time I have to give. the base characters are easy but if you notice every character is actually a cluster of multiple base characters. which makes it nearly impossible to just copy and paste from other texts.

I’m fluent in Korean.

This text is just a wall of curse words.

telly

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 11:48:59 am »
The first line has a XII, 12, and PS2 in it, how the hell is it nothing but curse words?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 04:00:59 pm »

Thank you for your reply.  I tried that as well and encountered the same problem.  :(  Hence my topic. 

The first line has a XII, 12, and PS2 in it, how the hell is it nothing but curse words?

Correct.  They are text descriptions of auctions for FF12 for the PS2. 

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 05:04:49 pm »
If you have a smartphone, I know Google Translate has an app that allows you to use your camera to translate characters into English. I used it when I was in Japan to translate menus and such. You could give that a try!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 09:04:47 pm »
If you want to have fun with it Hangul takes about 5-10 minutes to learn, you could try and speak it into mobile Google Translate and see if it comes up with the right translation. Give yourself a big ol' pat on the back if you get it right.

Otherwise yeah, what desocietas said, that's the easiest way  ;)

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »
If you have a smartphone, I know Google Translate has an app that allows you to use your camera to translate characters into English. I used it when I was in Japan to translate menus and such. You could give that a try!

Ok, I'll give that a try.  :)  Looks like if this doesn't work unless I go register on some sort of forum dominated by people who speak that language I may be out of luck unless I am able to find a gamer on a gaming forum who is fluent.   

Thanks for your help. 

*edit*
Holy shit that worked.  I printed the images out and low and behold google translate's app translated it after napping a picture of the paper.  woot!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:40:00 pm by jce3000gt »

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 12:33:08 am »

Ok, I'll give that a try.  :)  Looks like if this doesn't work unless I go register on some sort of forum dominated by people who speak that language I may be out of luck unless I am able to find a gamer on a gaming forum who is fluent.   

Thanks for your help. 

*edit*
Holy shit that worked.  I printed the images out and low and behold google translate's app translated it after napping a picture of the paper.  woot!

Awesome; glad to hear it worked for you!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 05:27:31 pm »
I personally would like to know the translation of it as well if you have the answer handy.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »
I personally would like to know the translation of it as well if you have the answer handy.

All I did was print the images and used the app to translate with the camera. If you have a steady hand it’ll translate it in real time.  :)

I have an example but I’m on my phone so I won’t be able to upload it. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:13:06 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 12:21:47 am »

Ask and ye shall receive.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 12:43:13 am »
Nice! Pretty straightforward. Sometimes with Japanese translations, it can be a bit of the stretch with the wording... :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 02:39:38 pm »
Nice! Pretty straightforward. Sometimes with Japanese translations, it can be a bit of the stretch with the wording... :P

This is so true!