Author Topic: What is the main focus of your collection if you have one?  (Read 4304 times)

Re: What is the main focus of your collection if you have one?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 08:46:24 pm »
Really? I was thinking about getting a 360 again since I want to play Infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odyssey.

Lost Odyssey is playable on the One as well.

Really, if a 360 game is worth playing and is on the One's Backwards compatibility list, you'll want to play it on the One, as there are noticeable improvements in game performance. In Lost Odyssey's case, playing it on the One effectively eliminates almost all load times.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 11:12:18 pm »
I focus, now on CIB NES, SNES and N64. Though I also just through random pickups have a pretty bangin' CIB GB/GBC/GBA collection. Nowhere near complete for any of them but I have most of whats worth collecting for them loose (not true of NES and SNES.) Also have an okay Gamecube collection. Aside from that I have massive amounts of PS, Xbox, Sega etc. stuff that I don't really care for and should probably just sell in order to save space. Also have a bunch of old PC games that I should get rid of, but probably won't. A lot of that is early, starry-eyed pick ups from when I was just starting out, lots from in-person auctions (which have since dried up and become harder to win, the fewer common items I am looking for) or dollar a piece or less flea market buys.

When I started out my main goal was to get a complete N64 collection. By this point in time I have enough money tied up in other stuff that if I were to sell it off, I'd have the cash to just buy one. Well, if I did get that done I guess I'd be moving on SNES anyway.

kashell

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2019, 12:32:35 pm »
Really? I was thinking about getting a 360 again since I want to play Infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odyssey.

Lost Odyssey is playable on the One as well.

Really, if a 360 game is worth playing and is on the One's Backwards compatibility list, you'll want to play it on the One, as there are noticeable improvements in game performance. In Lost Odyssey's case, playing it on the One effectively eliminates almost all load times.
Let's not get crazy now ^.~

I think a 360 will suit my needs just fine. Also, I'm cheap.

mark1982

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 09:31:58 am »
If it isn't a current gen game I have been focusing on Japanese games for older systems. Currently Saturn, Sega-Mega CD, PC-Engine/CD, PS1, Super Famicom & Mega Drive.

Some great titles and hidden gems in the JP catalogues that were never released in other regions.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:53:49 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:42 am »
In a very similar manner to others I too collect things I once had and once wanted.  For me that translates mostly to the 8bit to 16bit transition era with a Nintendo focus.  Now I've stated here before that many moons ago I had gotten really burned out on collecting simply because I didn't lay out a few guide rules.  These vary from system to system.  For example, I prefer my NES carts only, no box or manual-keeps it cheap and uniform.  Same for SNES. Genesis and TG16 are quite different in that I want the box and manuals for uniformity but also because those companies had the foresight not to use cardboard.  I'm also not going for any complete sets because I do this collecting thing for my own pleasure and is not to be stressed out about.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 05:58:58 pm »
Super Nintendo mostly. I'm not really in the "collecting" mindset anymore these days (I've actually come to dislike that side of the whole thing quite a bit), but SNES is the one that I still feel that way the most about, wanting to buy games that are only boxed and in good condition etc. Mostly just because it's my favourite console I guess.

pzeke

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 09:18:42 am »
No focus, really. Quality over quantity, I guess. There are still games I would like to get for the PS1, PS2, and PS3, so I guess that, too(?). I’m not actively looking for anything at the moment, though.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!