Author Topic: Does it ever bother you how much space your collection takes?  (Read 2569 times)

Does it ever bother you how much space your collection takes?
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:22 pm »
I only buy uncommon/sought after retro games to prevent myself from amassing an unwieldy size collection.

I don’t think I would feel right with walls and walls of largely unused items.

I have to really want to own something to bring it into my house.

My collecting style is super casual. I’ll only pick something up seeing it in the wild if my eyes widen and pop out of my head when I see it. So far I’ve had that reaction coming across the following (UK PS2): Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Parappa the Rapper 2, Silent Hill 3, Sly Raccoon.

Re: Does it ever bother you how much space your collection takes?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 06:26:45 pm »
I only buy uncommon/sought after retro games to prevent myself from amassing an unwieldy size collection.

I don’t think I would feel right with walls and walls of largely unused items.

I have to really want to own something to bring it into my house.

My collecting style is super casual. I’ll only pick something up seeing it in the wild if my eyes widen and pop out of my head when I see it. So far I’ve had that reaction coming across the following (UK PS2): Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Parappa the Rapper 2, Silent Hill 3, Sly Raccoon.

I learned the more you have the harder it is to find something to play and stick with it, and it's not a good feeling inside for me, which is why I have not purchased a game in a while, if you see my collection you'll see why, and every game in my whole collection is not even listed I may have around 3000 games estimate and not realize it

This even includes off branded compilation tv plug in plays
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 06:36:13 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 06:30:19 pm »
I mean, you're not even really a collector. You just troll this forum whenever you feel like it with bland, vague and uninteresting topics.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 06:32:54 pm »
I mean, you're not even really a collector. You just troll this forum whenever you feel like it with bland, vague and uninteresting topics.
I’ve never seen someone stay as triggered as long as you.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 06:36:27 pm »
You're not a collector and you're a troll. Nothing triggering about it, those are simple facts.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

pizzasafari

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 06:37:14 pm »

Because he's right. This is another shit thread and you're not a collector so you couldn't possibly relate to the topic. What reason would you possibly have to ask this question?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 06:39:28 pm »

Just let it be no need to get into another fight people :(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 06:42:04 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 06:42:46 pm »
Just let it be no need to get into another fight people :(

When there's a weed in the patch, you pull it.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:42 pm »

Because he's right. This is another shit thread and you're not a collector so you couldn't possibly relate to the topic. What reason would you possibly have to ask this question?

I’ll be perfectly frank, as someone who generally doesn’t care for him either, this topic is fine.  Space is one of the biggest sticking points in my collection.  How to maximize usage, shelf styles, display styles, etc.  Even if he started it to troll that doesn’t mean a legitimate conversation can’t be had.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:03 pm »
im actually running into a space issue myself and im not sure how to handle it.. I dont think reorganizing will do much, so theres downsizing or upgrading shelving. I would love to make some custom shelves, but im not the most handy of dudes lol

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 09:03:47 pm »
I'll bite.

No it doesn't bother me, and in fact I love how it fills the space that is my game room. My only regret is that I don't have more space to use in order to have my game room exactly how I want it. The only time it has ever bothered me was moving it. I've moved 4-times since I began collecting and each time having to move my collection along with the furniture including TV stands and media shelves is a total bitch. It also requires me to rent out a moving truck made for moving a small house versus one made for a small or medium apartment. Despite this issue, I wouldn't give up my collection, especially seeing how it makes me so happy once it is all setup and displayed.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 09:50:43 pm »
With three children living at home, I have limited space to display my gaming collection, even with four bedrooms. I used to have a room devoted to my gaming stuff when the girls shared a room. But also, i gave it up for them & sold most of that stuff. That was even before I joined this site.

For display purposes, I dont have everything out. Not even close. My consoles pre-Wii are in their original boxes in my bedroom closet. My collectors edition Zelda books are (mostly) kept put away inside a large gun safe. I rotate out what swag I have out. Currently in my curio, the Skyward Sword Link & Scervo statues are displayed. Once my new Zelda Skyward Sword Link statue arrives, I'll swap the two out for the new one. I have one Zelda scroll hanging while the other four remain rolled. I switch them out every so often.

My collection is small by comparison with many others on this site and I choose to focus on one goal at a time. Nintendo stuff is my broad collecting goal. Narrowing it down, I specifically look for "key" games such as Zelda, Mario, Star Fox & the like. Narrowed down even further, Zelda is my main focus.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:53:00 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 12:10:32 am »
It has as of late because of the limited space I have but also because I have been holding onto a ton of games I know that will be one and done once I am finished with them. Over the past month, I have taken a good chunk of games and trading in to the local shop in my area and now have all my games inside the house. Now of course I am at my limit in terms of space in conventional places. But since I am trying to limit my purchasing this year, it is for the best.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 04:12:53 am »
I don't have a huge collection, around 400 games, so it doesn't take a lot of place. But it definitely wouldn't bother me to have more lol

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 06:19:57 am »
When you're a teenager that lives in the UK in a throwaway culture, lives in a tenement house the size of a chernobyl apartment, and have parents that don't know what a videogame is and you have no job to buy any nor any appreciation for older games, you get seether.

Just give it up dude. We get it that you wish you could live in America and have a nice big American house where you can set up a spread, but maybe if you got off this forum and worked towards that goal you might be able to.