Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606522 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3465 on: September 10, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
Stress sucks.

I swear I've gotten more gray hair this month than before.

At least yours turned gray. I had a seriously stressful year and a lot of mine fell out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3466 on: September 10, 2014, 11:33:00 pm »
Two ads I saw in an Electronic Gaming Monthly issue I recently got from 2003. Just thought they looked really cool and wanted to share them here:

foxhack

« Reply #3467 on: September 10, 2014, 11:52:01 pm »
Stress sucks.

I swear I've gotten more gray hair this month than before.

What happen? Do you need to talk about it?  :o

My mom's insurance decided to cancel all the payments for her medicine, so now we owe them 300 bucks. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to yell at them because WE ARE PAYING HER PREMIUMS.

I think it's related to us not paying for the insurance for a while because we thought it was still being paid by Medicare - we ended up owing six months, but paid them two months ago. I'll see tomorrow once I call them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3468 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:04 am »
Disgaea is a fine series and I'm glad that you're getting another one, dark. Unfortunately, it hasn't been the series for me since Disgaea 2. With so many great games out there, trying to do as much stuff as possible in the other Disgaeas would be a huge time commitment. That said, let us know how it is when you get your hands on it!

I'll send you a PM about what happened.

No denying it, the games are time sinks.

The only one I've platted is D2 which is, by far, the easiest one to plat.

Also, replied to your PM...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3469 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:18 am »
Two ads I saw in an Electronic Gaming Monthly issue I recently got from 2003. Just thought they looked really cool and wanted to share them here:

I still have the t-shirt that came w/ that DW game - 4, I want to say - because it says the same thing on the front.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #3470 on: September 11, 2014, 10:25:33 am »
2014??? Who cares?! Goldeneye on the 64 still the ish!! 8)

kashell

« Reply #3471 on: September 11, 2014, 10:41:13 am »
Disgaea is a fine series and I'm glad that you're getting another one, dark. Unfortunately, it hasn't been the series for me since Disgaea 2. With so many great games out there, trying to do as much stuff as possible in the other Disgaeas would be a huge time commitment. That said, let us know how it is when you get your hands on it!

I'll send you a PM about what happened.

No denying it, the games are time sinks.

The only one I've platted is D2 which is, by far, the easiest one to plat.

Also, replied to your PM...

That's awesome you got the platinum. Did you ever get the platinum in Guided Fate Paradox? I responded to your PM, too. ^^()

Regarding the stress situation, I am right there with everyone. I will say that 2014 has been better than 2013, but man this year has been stressful. It's hard to look on the bright side of things. That's part of the reason why I love gaming so much. I get to escape the realities of adulthood.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3472 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

I still have the t-shirt that came w/ that DW game - 4, I want to say - because it says the same thing on the front.  :P

Yep, DW 4. It was a 2-page spread, but the other page was just text and small screenshots, so I just took a pic of the cool artwork page.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3473 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

I tried to go back and play it not too long ago. My god, the controls. I can't do it in 2014.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3474 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »

I tried to go back and play it not too long ago. My god, the controls. I can't do it in 2014.

It's so bad... although 4 man multiplayer matches can still be fun.

90snostalga

« Reply #3475 on: September 11, 2014, 12:40:20 pm »

It's so bad... although 4 man multiplayer matches can still be fun.

I put the buttons to 1.2 and it suits me perfect! :) The standard controls is horrible for me tho.

« Reply #3476 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:57 pm »
Anyone else follow Before Mario? He set up his collection at this years Retro Game Experience. In THIS video he has every Game & Watch on display and working. Breath taking!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3477 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:33 am »
KASH -

Nope!

No go on the GFP plat!

Even compared to platting Cross Edge & Disgaea D2...that one's a real bitch  :'(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3478 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »
If anyone could do it I figured you'd be the one. I remember you playing that non-stop back in the day.

abe

« Reply #3479 on: September 12, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »
I just tried out that new demo for Super Smash Bros on the 3DS and I must say, I'm very underwhelmed. I'm actually considering cancelling my preorder now. It really doesn't feel like it was suited for the 3DS, the screen feels to small for Smash Bros, and the 3DS' circle pad is horrid to play it with. I can't believe that the WiiU version of the new Smash Bros will let you use the 3DS as a controller (if you own both versions of the game), why would you even want to do that?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)