Author Topic: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd  (Read 6192 times)

scott

Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:59:11 pm »
Alrighty. Save Your Change moves on to the a 3rd go around! This time it'll end on April 20th, 2014, so get started saving it all up!

Like previous SYCs, anyone that wants to join in can do so and all you need to do is save pocket change for 6 months. At the end of the 6 months we each announce our grand totals and show off what sweet prize you bought yourself with it. It's a great way to buy yourself that grail item for your collection, or even something spendy not pertaining to gaming at all!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »
It must have taken a true genius to come up with an idea like this. Who could it have been???

soera

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »
It was me!!!! Thanks for the recognition Turf. :D

Hopefully this go round I can finally break that $100 mark I didnt hit the last two times.

scott

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »
It must have taken a true genius to come up with an idea like this. Who could it have been???

Man if only you said "Real Genius"... then I coulda made a Val Kilmer joke.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »
All right I'm in! Time to start using cash instead of cards lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 06:09:22 am »

This is the exact reason I have ignored these so far....  How the hell am I supposed to break a habit of never carrying cash after damn near 10 years~!  I only carry cash on Fridays because of the crazy yard sale guy down the road....  :(

bobster

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:31 am »
This is the exact reason I have ignored these so far....  How the hell am I supposed to break a habit of never carrying cash after damn near 10 years~!  I only carry cash on Fridays because of the crazy yard sale guy down the road....  :(

You've peaked my interest. You've got a crazy yard sale guy?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:27 am »

You've peaked my interest. You've got a crazy yard sale guy?

Yeah, its kind of great~!  He's like 10 houses down the street right on the corner and he has random shit all over his lawn as decorations....  Like a unicorn made of scrap metal....  All of his yard sales are interesting even if you don't find something you want because it is literally as random as it gets....  He very rarely has any kind of idea what the value of his stuff is, but I don't think he really cares....  Best kind of yard sales man....

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »
I'm in

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:37 am »
Thanks you Turf.  Now I'm aware of this thread.  Okay so it sounds simple but I just want to make sure I am correct in understanding as I am pretty slow if you guys did not know  ;)  I just save up cash money for 6 months, buy whatever for my collection and post how much I saved and what I bought? 

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 02:23:17 am »
I'll join in.  I'll see if I could save some money for more games off my wishlist...  Maybe even a double-whammy if I'm lucky, become a PRO Supporter.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:59 am »
I'll join in.  I'll see if I could save some money for more games off my wishlist...  Maybe even a double-whammy if I'm lucky, become a PRO Supporter.

There you go.  One day when I get PayPal money again I'm certainly going to become a PRO supporter.  I'll talk to my wife tomorrow to see if I have any money to save starting tomorrow.  I want to go out to the store and actually get a jar and everything lol. 

Turf, you got to post what you spent your money on in this topic man.  Be the first! 

anruiukimi

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:55:57 am »
Aw man, this will never work for me. I think I've made about $10 in change in six months. I use my credit cards too much. (On the plus side, I can stay some three nights at a high-end Marriott for free right now  ;) )

Soera would approve of my "piggy" bank, though~ :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:57:39 am by anruiukimi »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 08:17:20 am »
I just started using cash for day to day little stuff. At then end of the day I just throw all the coins in a jar. It actually adds up pretty quick. I end up with about $100 every 6 months. It's money you never really miss. It's kind of like those credit card points, except you get to spend it on games!

90snostalga

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 08:20:32 am »
I just started using cash for day to day little stuff. At then end of the day I just throw all the coins in a jar. It actually adds up pretty quick. I end up with about $100 every 6 months. It's money you never really miss. It's kind of like those credit card points, except you get to spend it on games!

Do you ever sleep lol?  Me and you were on here like 5 hours ago and its 7 20 my time and that was i think 2 something my time...  ;)