Author Topic: You ever been attacked for being a game collector?  (Read 5540 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: You ever been attacked for being a game collector?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »

Btw, i have a sugarbag collection, but thats easier to store then videogames  ;D

Im curious what do you mean by collect sugar bags? do you mean sugar packets? how do you go about collecting them?

I knew a guy that was big into preserving and collecting flowers and grasses. he even had a binder with card sleeves that he stored blades of grass from EVERY lawn and park in the city and from different times throughout the year and lengths. It was strange to say the least but to each their own.

I actually love hearing about peoples strange collecting habits and how they happened to start in on the collection.

You take em with you from every cafe (what you call them here) and put them in a book. And i buy the old ones from the internet. Those are the nice ones with nice pictures on them. The new ones are a bit plane.

Every town, village, city use to have those cafe's, so i have them sorted by the town names, then states the towns are in. I only collect the dutch sugar packets do.
Alldo this is a dutch site, here are some examples http://showcase.thebluebus.nl/soundtrack-of-my-life/january-2012/sukerzakjes-3

rayne315

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:22 pm »

Btw, i have a sugarbag collection, but thats easier to store then videogames  ;D

Im curious what do you mean by collect sugar bags? do you mean sugar packets? how do you go about collecting them?

I knew a guy that was big into preserving and collecting flowers and grasses. he even had a binder with card sleeves that he stored blades of grass from EVERY lawn and park in the city and from different times throughout the year and lengths. It was strange to say the least but to each their own.

I actually love hearing about peoples strange collecting habits and how they happened to start in on the collection.

You take em with you from every cafe (what you call them here) and put them in a book. And i buy the old ones from the internet. Those are the nice ones with nice pictures on them. The new ones are a bit plane.

Every town, village, city use to have those cafe's, so i have them sorted by the town names, then states the towns are in. I only collect the dutch sugar packets do.
Alldo this is a dutch site, here are some examples http://showcase.thebluebus.nl/soundtrack-of-my-life/january-2012/sukerzakjes-3

wow never knew those existed. I can probably hold all the different sugar packets I have ever seen easily in one hand.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »
Never been attacked for being a collector, However people find it strange I do not play games like GTA or modern warfare etc.

Still though I do not really talk to others about being a collector of video games since I do know that most others do other stuff in their free time and have zero interest in such matters.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:29:17 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 09:29:55 pm »
Nope. I've been pretty lucky to have friends who've all been into gaming about as much as I am. Even got one of my friends into collecting.

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 12:51:30 pm »
I have never been attacked for being a video game collector but people think it is odd that I do not play many modern games. I don't care what they think, I prefer older games.

I am rather obsessed with talking about video games so most people are weirded out by that.

romanticore

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 07:32:49 am »
I'm into both video game collecting and metal vinyl collecting. I go to music festivals/gigs once in a while. I have never been "attacked" for my passion of video games. There's no dichotomy between experiencing music live and collecting video games. If you guys have experienced this, I feel utterly bad for you.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)