Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59760 times)

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2017, 11:23:16 am »
I'm new so I guess I'll try it out this year and make a list to try and keep track and see how many games I actually beat in a year. What counts as beating a VN though? True end or all ends? Any good end? Hmmm...

Started:
Animamundi: The Dark Alchemist
Awakened Fate Ultimatum
Clannad
Eternal Sonata
The Last Guardian
Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild
Overcooked
Story of Seasons
Tales of Graces F
Touhou Scarlet Destiny
Persona 4 Dance

Finished:
LoZ Twilight Princess Picross

shfan

« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2017, 09:15:06 am »
I've nicked your idea Baileykun, hope that's OK, have been thinking for awhile I'd like to keep better track of what's going on in this thing.

With visual novels I'd just go with whatever feels 'done' to you, this whole thing is a self-motivation challenge rather than a competition. With fighting games like Street Fighter for instance, I'd call taking a single character through to the last boss and beating them a 'beat', it's balanced out by all the X0 hour RPGs etc, not that anyone's worried anyhow.

Made a list of games beaten this year, games currently playing and games to (hopefully) be played as part of this year's challenge. #18 to #27 were generated by fortune cookies on Backloggery.

Key: tried/hated/got rid of, unplayed, started, beaten!

1 ) Demon's Souls (PS3)
2 ) Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal (Vita)
3 ) Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros. (3DS)
4 ) Curses 'N Chaos (PS4)
5 ) Depths of Peril (PC)
6 ) Resident Evil 4 HD (PS4)
7 ) Resident Evil 7: BioHazard (PS4)
8 ) Dark Souls II (PS4)
9 ) Resident Evil 5 HD (PS4)
10) Alienation (PS4)
11) Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4)
12) Dungeon Siege III (360)
13) Rage (360)
14) Insaniquarium! (PC)
15) Ants Warriors (Flash)
16) Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (PS4) - Wing Diver playthrough on normal difficulty
17) Shantae: Risky's Revenge (PS4)
18] Animal (PC)
19) Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Xbox)
20) Rogue Warrior (360)
21) Mini Desktop Racing (Wii)
22) Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom (Wii)
23) X-Men Legends II Rise Of The Apocalypse (Xbox)
24) DuckTales Remastered (PS3)
25) Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4)
26) Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS4)
27) Cooking Mama (Wii)
28] Stardew Valley (PS4)
29) Dungeons (PC)
30) Titan Quest (PC)
31) Titan Quest: Immortal Throne (PC)
32) Retro City Rampage (Vita)
33) The Surge (PS4)
34) Wild Guns Reloaded (PS4)
35) Earth's Dawn (PS4)
36) Steamworld Heist (PS4)
37) Steamworld Dig (PS4)
38] Astebreed (PS4)
39) The Sexy Brutale (PS4)
40) Vikings: Wolves of Midgard (PS4)
41) Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
42) 50 Cent: Bulletproof (360)
43) The Town of Light (PS4)
44) Mount & Blade: Warband (PS4) - second playthrough with a female player-character
45) Empires & Dungeons 2: The Sultanate (PC)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:02:05 pm by shfan »

« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »
1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete)
2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed)
3) Mass Effect (Replay, 100%)
4) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum Trophy)
5) Mass Effect 2 (Replay, 100%)
6) Mass Effect 3 (Replay, 100%)

7) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (One) (All achievements unlocked) - Finally finished up this big, long game. I already had completed the base game before on the 360, but had wanted the stack with a new character that managed to do everything.

Really gotta start picking some shorter games to reach the 52 title goal, but as my next main game is Mass Effect Andromeda...

kashell

« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2017, 12:38:26 pm »
Shining Force III has been completed. A review will be posted soon!

kashell

« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2017, 08:00:58 pm »
The review for Shining Force III is up on my page!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2017, 07:01:19 pm »
52 Games list
1.  Dragon Quest VII- 3DS
2.  Dragon Quest Builders- PS4- Done- Beat Main Story
3.  Hyper Light Drifter- PS4
4. Roller Coaster Tycoon- PC- Done- Beat all Original Scenarios
5.  Titanfall 2- Done- Beat Main Story on Normal
6.  Deus Ex Mankind Divided-Done- Beat Main Story on Normal, all Sidequests
7. Skies of Arcadia: Legends- GC- 5 hours in
8. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst- few hours in, game is pretty dull, probably won't finish this one
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt- PS4- Done- Beat main story-
10. Paper Mario- N64- 5 hours in
11. Zelda- Breath of the Wild- Switch- One Divine Beat down- 3 to go
12. The Witcher 3 DLC- Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine- Complete
13. Nier Automata- Beaten- Ending A- Still playing as the game is not really over yet
14. Persona 5- PS4

7/14 so far.  Not really on track for 52 but I'm not exactly choosing short games

« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2017, 07:04:58 pm »
16 - The Witness (PC 2016) - PLAYING - I've been meaning to pick this up for awhile, just kinda waiting on a time and price and figured I'd get it now for 20 bucks as I kinda needed something that wasn't overly complicated and while it is a simple game in terms of what you do, the puzzles are SOOOOO hard lol Its a game that offers little direction or help and its super confusing trying to figure out the tricks or meanings of certain puzzles.  It is rewarding when you figure out the puzzles, but some puzzles feel far too challenging to make sense of and there are puzzles I have beat and I still don't have a good grasp on what I did to beat them.  Its an interesting game, but this game is going to annoy me more than Dark Souls.

« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:37 am »
17 - Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (PC 2017) - 5 HOURS BEAT - Yet another fantastic Shovel Knight expansion.  I like the return to the more pure gameplay that was the original game, as Plague Knight was awesome, but very complicated with his gameplay.  Specter Knight is a lot closer to Shovel Knight, but with a lot more movement abilities like homing attacks, ninja wall climbing, and rail grinding.  Much of his gear and "home base" is more straightforward too.  It was also nice to get more story to this little world they've created and I'm curious how they'll fit such a silly character like King Knight in.  Plague Knight was silly also, but he had that whole cute romance thing going on and Specter Knight has this tragic tale setting up the events of the main game.  Looking forward to it either way.

« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2017, 08:00:12 am »
Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn... gotta say that game was pretty freaking amazing.  Time to pick a new game to jump into.

Horizon and BotW killed my ratio sitting at 28 beat out of 31 played in 3 months.  Still on track to beat my goal of 104.  Might do a few shorter PSN titles this week.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:00:01 am by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2017, 09:12:27 am »
Game 4 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) - 8 Hours

+ The gameplay is really fun. I enjoyed the varied enemies, satisfying gameplay, and perfect difficulty. I liked the extra collectables and unlockable VR missions that were hidden in the game to increase playability. The music was pretty good too.

- While the plot and cutscenes are scaled back for this title, it still has all the story issues that always annoy me with Metal Gear games; it's still ridiculous, convoluted and unbelievable. With this game through, the story separates itself  from the real world and references previous events in Metal Gear rather than real life events. It makes the story much more enjoyable when it's not trying to be "real" or super serious.

Also at the end of the game when Armstrong literally said he would "make America great again" I lol'd. So ridiculous

Back to my list
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:14:57 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2017, 10:18:45 am »

+ The gameplay is really fun. I enjoyed the varied enemies, satisfying gameplay, and perfect difficulty. I liked the extra collectables and unlockable VR missions that were hidden in the game to increase playability. The music was pretty good too.

- While the plot and cutscenes are scaled back for this title, it still has all the story issues that always annoy me with Metal Gear games; it's still ridiculous, convoluted and unbelievable. With this game through, the story separates itself  from the real world and references previous events in Metal Gear rather than real life events. It makes the story much more enjoyable when it's not trying to be "real" or super serious.

Also at the end of the game when Armstrong literally said he would "make America great again" I lol'd. So ridiculous

Back to my list

I bought this game at launch because of how awesome it looked and while I did really like it, it has some gameplay elements that interfered with my enjoyment of the game. I also raged quit during the Armstrong battle several times before finally beating it. I just remember finishing the game in a terrible mood, however since the dust has settled I really feel like going back and revisiting this game; I hope I enjoy it more the second time around.

telly

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2017, 10:32:10 am »
I think the biggest gameplay flaw for me was the parry. It was hard to execute and impossible to block rapid strings of attacks with it. I also didn't really like the Armstrong battle either, the whole ending in general was kind of meh.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2017, 11:39:17 am »

Back to my list

Nanomachines son!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2017, 08:41:35 am »
Does this even count for the 52 Games Challenge? I'm not even sure, but I did put over three hours into it and was determined to get all the achievements, not to mention it has achievements, so whatever, I'm counting it. I just got all the achievements in 8-Bit Bayonetta! You know? That bullet hell game SEGA released on Steam for free on April Fools? It has 16 achievements, and I just got them all. I know, it's silly, but I'm a HUGE Bayonetta fan, so I'll touch everything related to the series and be sure to master it! I can't wait for the announcement monday! And if that does turn out to be Bayonetta on PC, I'd happily play through it again!

EDIT: I only had a few more karts and bikes to unlock in Mario Kart Wii to finish it 100%, so I went ahead and did that. So now I have Mario Kart Wii finished 100%! All vehicles and characters unlocked, and at least a Star ranking in every cup! Now that's not too special, but you know what is? I did all of it using motion controls. Oh yeah, I'm the real deal.

So that puts me at 15 games so far.
Italics means I had already started with the game november last year or earlier.
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
A blue glow means the game has been completed 100%
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - PC version
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure
  • Sonic Generations
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Drawn to Life
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • 8-Bit Bayonetta
  • Mario Kart Wii

If it wasn't already obvious, I suck at sticking to my plan. Even though I said I would play through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All next, those have both fallen behind a bit. Right now I'm working on The Wonderful 101, and I've also picked up Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed back up, so I'm working on unlocking everything in that now. Apart from those four games and the other two the next games coming up will include Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, The World Ends With You, and I'm also still slowly working on the Infinite Climax playthrough of Bayonetta 2 whenever I feel like it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:42:42 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2