Author Topic: What grail games do you wish you had  (Read 2880 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

What grail games do you wish you had
« on: March 02, 2021, 06:57:08 pm »
What grail games do you wish you had? here are a bunch of grail games I'm hoping to one day own.

Lucienne's Quest 3do
H.E.R.O Atari 2600
Amazing Tater Gameboy
Ninja Five-O Gba
Return of the Ninja,Shante Gbc
Pokémon Box GameCube
Stadium Events Nes
Puyo Pop Neo Geo Pocket
International Superstar Scoccer 2000 N64
Dokapon Journey Ds
Team Buddies,Persona 2 Ps1
Graffiti Kingdom Ps2
Africa Ps3
HexyzForce Psp
Giga Wing,Giga Wing 2,Gunbird Dreamcast
Growl,punisher genesis
Golden Axe Warrior Master System
Magic Night Rayearth Saturn
Aero Fighters Snes
El Chavo Kart Xbox 360
Shining Force Cd Sega Cd
Kolibri Sega 32X
Veggy World Wii
Air Zonk,Magical Chase Turbo Grafx 16
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:21:09 pm by wartoy »

Re: What grail games do you wish you had
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:08:34 pm »
Snatcher (Sega CD)
Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Sega CD)
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)

those were the first to come to mind, I'm sure I'll think of others later

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 07:58:38 pm »
1. Punisher (Genesis)
2. Crusader of Centy (Genesis)
3. E.V.O.: The Search for Eden (SNES)

I used to REALLY want DuckTales 2, but I now have it via the Disney Afternoon Collection on Xbox 360/XBox One. Same goes for Golden Axe: Warrior (Master System), as it's an unlockable on The Sega Genesis Collection (PS2).

I've gotten a few of the ones that were on my radar already, luckily, like Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1), Bucky 'O Hare (NES), Frankenstein: The Monster Returns (NES), and Einhander (PS1). I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Many that are "holy grails" used to not be when I got them. I don't keep up on values for games I've already knocked off my wishlist.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 08:50:13 pm »
NWC - Just because I always thought I’d find one in my searching.

Stadium Events - It’s the only NES game I’m missing for a licensed set.

That’s really about it. Everything else is either obtainable or I just don’t care if I get it.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:50 pm »
I believe in my very first intro post I mentioned wanting the gold world championship cart.  So that would be my #1.

My top four after that one are:

#2: Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak (NES)   -I recall always enjoying the Flintstones games.  Games with the Hanna Barbara license are usually pretty fun.

#3: Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (FM Towns)   - Not really considered a grail game, but I always wanted to own this version because of it's graphical upgrade.

#4: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn)   - Truth be told, I expect to own this one in three months time. 

#5: Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors (Sega CD)   - Probably impossible, but ya never know.

scott

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 11:08:54 pm »
I wish I still had Panzer Dragoon Saga. I had to sell it off years ago in order to keep afloat. Ended up selling Panzer Dragoon, Zwei and Saga as a bundle to pay some bills.

As for games I didn't have before. I would love a PCB of Haunted Castle. Always wanted to get my hands on one and frame it up in a shadow box.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 11:19:03 pm »
Klonoa Door to Phantomile - PS1
Einhander - PS1
Powerslave - Saturn
Demon's Crest - SNES
Soul Blazer - SNES
Snow Brothers - NES
Bomberman II - NES
Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
Power Stone 2 - Dreamcast

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 11:21:23 pm »
Not bragging, but I've owned most of the grail games I really, really wanted at one point or another while collecting. Sadly, I've found many of them to be overrated once I actually popped them in and played them. In terms of quality I can't think of many that I'd still like to own based on how fun they are to play. If anything my grail games are mostly all pinball and arcade machines. Here are a few I'd love to own someday

Pinball
- Medieval Madness
- Attack from Mars
- Elvira's Scared Stiff
- White Water

Arcade
- House of the Dead
- Maximum Force/Area 51 combo cab
- Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
- The Lost Word Jurassic Park
- Virtua Fighter
- Virtua Fighter 2
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:03:27 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:06:42 am »
I don't think I have any "grails", like there aren't really any games I super want that are worth a ton of money (I actually have a very pricey game I own now with Godzilla P24 lol).  If I had to choose one based on a rom I played of it for a short bit, I'd probably say Little Samson, that actually seems like its actually a good game.

I'd probably say maybe a Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara arcade cabinet, that has great nostalgia for me being at my local video store when I was younger, and my friends even wanted to buy it from them at one point, but we couldn't get them to sell it lol

Oh and since I want to put together an N64 collection, I want ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 12:19:40 am »
I wouldn't mind owning the original Chibi-Robo!

soera

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 12:31:01 am »
I dont really have any grails I want. I would like to play Panzer Dragoon Saga.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 12:39:59 am »

It blows me away how much this game went up in value. When I was after GC games it was consistently a $20-30 game. Used to find them fairly often too.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 05:48:31 am »

It blows me away how much this game went up in value. When I was after GC games it was consistently a $20-30 game. Used to find them fairly often too.

The only game that was sought after when cube collecting was easy was path of radiance. was always around 40$ and for some reason hyped.

But indeed titles such as chibi robo and gotcha force where consistently 20$  and while uncommon not many people would pick them up so they where sitting there for quite some time. I did bite the bullet for those 2 back than eventually since along with path of radiance these games just never showed up in sets especially not in excellent condition wich was pretty plentyfull back than.

I'm still quite shocked how I got a cib cubivores in europe for 20$ during cube hype days. Just goes to show that allot of people don't care about non rpg import exclusives at times. allot of people at least in europe probably didn't really know about it just like gotcha force and chibi robo back than.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:06:20 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:09 am »
Maybe Tron Bonne for the PlayStation. I didn't care much for MML and MML2 was slightly better, but I heard Tron Bonne is a bit different from those two. Plus, it'd be neat to see the MML world from a different perspective.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 09:23:33 am »
Beast Wars Transmetals for N64. I used to have it.