Author Topic: Looking for a case for my new Nintendo DSi XL - Seemingly hard to find!  (Read 1507 times)

Hi,

I'm looking for a sturdy case to store my Nintendo DSi XL, I've been looking on eBay the last week and can't find much suitable at all! Do cases that fit the 3DS/2DSXL fit too? I'm from the UK but If anyone has any ideas on this I'm all ears!

Also considering screen protectors, I was thinking of getting the glass ones but as the console is a clam-shell design I guess it isn't necessary.

Re: Looking for a case for my new Nintendo DSi XL - Seemingly hard to find!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:24:12 am »
Still get some sort of screen protector, even if it's just the plastic kind- you still run the risk of scratches from bits of dust n' such that get on the system before you close it, not to mention using the stylus itself.

As for a case- mine's in a old DSi XL case. They're the same size, so anything designed for that should work on your 3DS. (If you're feeling cheap and can sew a straight line, crew socks are easily converted into slipcases for tech.)

Edit: Just now caught that it IS a DSi XL you have. You really can't find a case? Are you looking for a specific style? I didn't really have any trouble finding mine- but anyway, yes, a 3DS XL case will work since they're the same size. Make SURE it's for an XL, the older 3DS is notably smaller and the original 2DS is a completely different size.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:28:56 am by hoshichiri »

r33benelli

Re: Looking for a case for my new Nintendo DSi XL - Seemingly hard to find!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 01:46:59 am »
3dsXL or N3dsxl cases fit perfectly fine. I have my Japanese Yellow 3DSiXL stored in a black Insten 3dsXL case from ebay.  Get any case for a 3dsxl and you're good to go. Also the Link, Mario, Luigi Hori 3dsXL case also fits nice too. I think some Vita cases might even fit if the case is wide enough. 

Screen protector just get any of those double sided stick plastic covers one. Get something to cover it. It's cheap and just keeps the screen nice,especially the bottom touch screen as you're more likely to scratch that up if you get lazy and use your fingers instead of the stylus.