Author Topic: No New Games in 2020  (Read 3013 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

No New Games in 2020
« on: December 27, 2019, 02:06:37 pm »
I’m going to try something that I have never done since somewhere around 1985. I’m going to try not to buy any new games in 2020. This doesn’t count gifts for others or stuff I’ve already preordered.

I have a huge backlog of really good games that are going to get lost if I don’t play them.

I’m not asking anyone to do this with me, but I’ll probably need some support.

Re: No New Games in 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 02:34:22 pm »
I’m looking at all releases in 2019 and;

I played Crackdown 3 but only because it cost almost nothing to get a games pass subscription.

I bought Mortal Kombat 11 relatively cheaply months after it came out.

I bought Pokemon Sword day one on November 15th.

So essentially I bought only two games all year that were released this year.

There are so few games that interest me that I could probably buy zero new games without even trying.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 02:40:26 pm »
I’m going to try something that I have never done since somewhere around 1985. I’m going to try not to buy any new games in 2020. This doesn’t count gifts for others or stuff I’ve already preordered.

I have a huge backlog of really good games that are going to get lost if I don’t play them.

I'm rooting for you.  I don't think I can do it sadly with the garbage that is limited print.  If I want it, gotta pay up or pay more later.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 03:18:29 pm »
You got this!

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 03:52:32 pm »

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 05:01:04 pm »

This sounds like something I would like to do. Granted its more dont buy anything impulsive and stick to what I have pre-ordered. That said, I'd willing to support since I have been trying to do that since the mid point of last year and it worked out for the most part but then the holidays came and fudged it up.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 05:15:44 pm »
I commend you for doing this. I think it's very easy to lose sight of why you're collecting games and never actually play them. I know a few collectors who honestly don't care that they never play any of the games in their massive collections, but I know most collectors either do play their games, want to play them, or are under some pretense that they care about playing them. You should participate in the 52-games challenge; it's definitely helped me a lot with thinning my backlog.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:17:33 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:08 pm »

You are definitely doing something I could never do, but as long as you are having fun with it, that's all that matters lol Good luck!

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 07:05:51 pm »
No new games. Does that mean no new release games, or just no games new to your collection at all?

I took a break for much of 2018, but it was mostly due to being a rough year in my personal life and being drained of any passion for it. It didn't do me any favors in the end, because I knew eventually I'd be back on the wagon only with more stuff fighting for my attention, and at greater expense ultimately.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 08:39:30 pm »
Damn, I don't want to be a dick, but I think you're going to fold. I want you to prove me wrong, but my Spidey sense is telling me otherwise.

It's only 366 days, so prove me wrong.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 08:56:38 pm »
May the force be with you

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 10:45:10 pm »
I mean there is a lot of things to do in just one single video game alone to keep you busy, different difficulty settings, playing with different game options. playing with different characters,  learning new combos, altering the controls on your later playthroughs, taking in the sights, discovering cheats to alter gameplay in some video games.

Like for example in the True Crimes Streets Of LA game for PS2 and Gamecube, lets you enter a cheat to change your character skin by entering different names into the saved game file. You can become Snoop Dogg the real life rapper also for  limited time by entering a cheat found in the game cases slide.

Duke Nukem Zero Hour for the Nintendo 64 lets you alter the sky color, and the fog and a hell of a lot with it's cheats.

If you ever get board with one game you could enter some cheats in some games to have a brand new experience just a thought.

Me personally want to get as many games as I can, while my local retro shops are still open.

A lot of video games have a big head mode like in Call Of Duty Finest Hour that is unlockable with other cheats by completing the game on different difficulty options also

have fun either way :)

(edit) Do research before doing some cheats in game because some of them may break or damage them like in the Sims 2 PC for example
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 11:28:21 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

soera

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 03:48:53 am »
You will have to have more willpower than 50 monks in a whore house to pull this off. I know I dont have that kind of skill. Good luck!!!

dreama1

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 05:19:52 am »
You're going to need more than a year.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:37 am »