Author Topic: Top 30 Pick Ups of 2019!  (Read 1667 times)

theflea

Top 30 Pick Ups of 2019!
« on: January 02, 2020, 01:00:19 am »
It's been a pretty good year as far as adding rare games to my collection, going through what I picked up this year I was tring to figure out an order, Rarity? Value? Best games? In the end I put together games that where ether rare, had a good story, or something I have wanted for a long time and finally was able to get. I put file pics for the consoles and a pic of all the games at the bottom.
So here are my personal best pick ups of 2019.

The first three are honorable mentions....

33. Pac-Man 2 (Select-A-Game Machine)
I picked up a Select-A-Game Machine handheld a few years back, It was the second handheld ever made. But I had no games for it. I watched auctions for a long time just looking for a game for the system, I hate having a game console and nothing to play on it. One day one finally came up and was at a good price, a loose copy of Pac-Man 2. Most of the time I see Pac-Man 2 it's sealed and they want $200-$300 for it. But I was able to get the seller to sell me the loose game for $40.

32. Poop Slinger (PS4)
Probably the only modern game on this list, With all the S**t that came with this game and it's still going for about a grand online. With only 84 copies at the moment I'm lucky to have been able to get a copy. There's still a chance the rest will show up, but if they don't this is the holy grail of my PS4 collection.

31. Kirby's Air Ride (GC)
Why is this on the list you ask? Well it's because for many years I've been hunting this game I had a problem with it. Not that I couldn't find the game, oh no. I found it several times and I always passed on it, why you ask? Because every time I found it it was the Player's Choice version. I try and avoid players choice or greatest hits versions unless it has something different. Finally I found a copy that wasn't insane priced and it was the black label. Yay the curse is broken. lol

Now on to the Top 30...

30. Mushihimesama (PS2)
This was a game I've always wanted but just never found a copy at a good price. Every time I made offers it was rejected or counter offered with $1 off. Finally someone accepted my offer but I was kinda scared about buying it. Why? Because they only showed a file image. All he listed was good condition. I tried asking the seller questions but it was confusing how he answered. I can tell he didn't speak English. I even sent a google translate asking about box, manual, condition etc and he never answered back. For the price I took a chance hoping I wouldn't get a disc only copy. When it came (took a month to get to me) I see it was in great shape and complete.  :D
I also love the cover art on this game.

29. Shinnyuushain Tooru-Kun - AKA Mikie (Sega SG 1000)
I have a brother who's not big into video games, He loves my collection but it's hard to get him to play any of them. Early this year Me and all my bros went to the biggest arcade you can go to, it's called the Galloping Ghost. While all my bros where having a ball playing all the arcades, my one bro looked kinda lost, he'd test a game and move along quick. I saw an arcade called "Mikie" I've never seen this game before and had to try it. My bro saw me playing and I made the joke it was a game named after him. (his name is Mike) I was trying to figure out the game when I let him try and he finally found a game he wanted to play. He and I must have spent an hour figuring out this game alone. He loved this game and I liked it too. I never heard of Mikie so I looked it up and found out it was only released in Japan and Europe. Then I looked up if it was released on any consoles and it was. On the ZX Spectrum and the SG 1000. The ZX Spectrum was dirt cheap but the game wasn't very good on that system. (still bought it) but the SG 1000 was a lot better. Of course the game is rare. lol
But still found a cart only copy for a good price.

28. Kang Fu (CD32)
This was a game I was going after way before AVGN made a video, in fact the one the Nerd got was the one I was trying to get because I was talking to the seller about a deal when it suddenly was sold. It was the only one on Ebay and right after it sold the Nerd did his CD32 review a month or so later. After the review another showed up and again I made an offer to the seller and he took it.

27. Sega Ages (SAT)
Every time I go to gaming expos I look for Sega Saturn and CD games. I rarely find them in the wild and this game was on my hit list for a long time. I found a vendor who had it and I made an offer and he kept telling me no. Then by the end of the show I asked one more time and he finally broke and gave it to me at the price I wanted.

26. Lords of Thunder (T16CD)
It's super rare for me to get a new TurboGrafx game today, anytime I pick one up it's a big deal. Found this at a show and the seller made me a deal and I had to grab it.

25. Segagaga (DC)
This has to one of the games I have been asked "Do you have..?" and had to say no. It's famous for being the last Sega game on the DC in Japan and it's weird premise. Its pretty much an RPG about the gaming developing industry, enemies parody Sony Playstation and Nintendo. 

24. Polybius (Atari 2600)
A few years back a guy on Atari Age forums advertised a homebrew of Polybius. I wanted a copy but missed out. He only made like 20 copies. I always loved the urban legend of Polybius and wanted a copy (of some kind) on the Atari. I searched for atari repro makers on Etsy, Ebay and few a few others but none had this game in their repros. Then Hard Copy Games Announced the game. They only made 80 copies if I recall, I got one that morning to try and get a copy but the game sold out so fast I couldn't even finish paying for it.  :(
I thought I lost the game again just like the urban legend. Then I saw on a Facebook group someone willing to sell his copy. I messaged him an offer and he excepted. I didn't pay anywhere near what Ebay sellers are asking but paid over what Hard Copy Games was asking.
Now I can mess with people with the urban legend of Polybious on my Atari. lol

23. Kowai Shashin (PS1)
This is a game I only recently found out about, I was watching horror games on the PS1 and they added many Japanese Horror games. One was Kowai Shashin, they talked about how the game sold poorly because people really thought the game was cursed or Haunted.
The game is about exorcising spirits from real photos of haunted places and accidents. I loved the spooky lore of the game and looked it up but found it was extremely rare. Only one or two are ever on Ebay and are usually sealed because I guess no one bought it. lol
I finally found a seller who was on Euro Ebay who had a sealed copy for a quarter of the price everyone else was asking. I had to message him and ask if he'd be willing to sell to me and ship to the US and he was okay with it. Now I'm stuck with do I open it and play it or keep it sealed. I don't wanna get cursed.  ;)

22. Goldstar 3DO
I had every US 3DO but the Goldstar, I passed on it many times in the past then it became impossible to find. I saw an open bid online for the system and a few games and I ended up getting it all for under $100. Now if I can find the LG Alive 3DO I'll have all versions.

21. Koei PasoGo
A hand held that's not only rare, but a system that pretty much just plays different variations of Go. Not a gaming console I'd ever play often but a rare piece of gaming history I'm glad to add to my collection this year.

20. Umihara Kawase (SFAM)
This was a game I've wanted for a long time, every time I looked it up people wanted over $100 for it. Then it was remastered and released on Vita, I got a copy for Vita then kinda forgot about the Super Famicom version for awhile. One day I looking up Super Famicom games and looked up Umihara Kawase again, to my surprise I see one copy selling for $25 buy it now. Looking at other auctions it had come down in price but most still wanted $60-$100, I just bought the game, I feared it was a repro, but once I got it I saw it was an original.

19. Super Ghosts & Ghouls (Super PC Engine)
I always wanted another game for my Super PC Engine, I was looking online when I found a copy of this game for super cheap and the only reason was it was missing it's slip cover.

18. Kid Dracula (GB)
There's only a hand full of Game Boy games I really want bad, this was one of them. I picked this up from a vendor at an expo for a decent price. The game is next to mint.

17. The Rumble Fish 2 (Atomiswave)
I was doing an expo and brought my Atomiswave and hooked it up for people to play. It got a lot of attention. People came up to me asking about it and wanting to buy it. I told them it wasn't for sale. One guy asked about the games I had, I told him I was mainly looking to get all the games that you can use a Joystick with because racing games, light gun games and other special controlled games would not work with a joystick. He mentioned if I had Rumble Fish, I told him no because I don't think I can use the Joystick with it. He looked at me strange and told me I could, It's a fighting game. I was surprised to find out this was a fighting game, I just saw the title Rumble Fish and thought it was a arcade fishing game and never looked up the game. lol
After the show I used some of the money I had left and found a copy of part 2 for good price and picked it up.

16. King of Fighters XI (Atomiswave)
Atomiswave games are not exactly easy to get, you almost have to buy them online. You also have to be careful of bootleg copies from China. After showing off the Atomiswave at the show I got the itch to get a few more games, I got Rumble Fish 2 then I made a few offers on other games but the only one that accepted was a copy of King of Fighters XI.

15. Sinclair ZX Spectrum 2+
This was a console I've always been on the fence about collecting, But the model 2+ had a built in tape deck and I figured I'd see if I could get a deal on one. Well I ended up getting a lot with over 100 games for about $150. I had issues finding the right PAL converter to get it to play on my HDTV but finally I got the right part I needed and was jumping for joy when I finally got to play it.

14. Palmtex Super Micro
One of the earliest hand held consoles (third if I recall) I got a deal on the system and all three games. This thing is fragile, I'm honestly afraid to use it much just because I might break it.

13. Mad Panic Coaster (PS1)
This was a game I first saw on a YouTube video and I knew I wanted a copy, it's kinda rare and usually people want over a $100 for a copy. After many offers I finally got a complete copy and got to play it and it's a weird hidden gem.

12. Pu-Li-Ru-La (SAT)
A game I've wanted in my collection and to play. It's Japanese weird and a beat em up. It's been on my want list for many years til finally I got someone to cut me a deal I couldn't say no to.

11. Sega Master System Compact
A rare Sega Master System only released in Brazil, the console is also a controller and can even be used Wireless (kinda)
I got one in the Box no less for about $100, an odd game console for sure.

10. Color Bar Generator (Atari 2600)
This was a "game" to be honest never crossed my mind to get, I just happened to stop at a hole in the wall pawn shop and looked through their games, I bought a couple then started talking to the guy and find out he's a game collector too. He tells me he had a rare game I might be interested in and shows me the Atari Cart. I first thought... Is this the real deal? I had to look it up. The guy gave me a price on it and I knew this was one of those if you don'y buy it you'll never get a second shot at this. He din't except cards or paypal so I had to put money down to hold it and come back the next weekend. It's worthless as a game, but valuable as a piece of gaming history.

9. Demon's Crest (SNES)
This game took me forever to find in the wild. I saw it online and shows but they always wanted a price I didn't want to pay. One day I stop in my local Gamestop and see the clerk cleaning up some SNES games, I ask what they got in and he shows me Demon's Crest. My eyes widened and I knew it was coming home with me. After my Elite discount I got it for about $60.

8. Rakugaki Showtime (PS1)
This was a game I've wanted for years, but it was always pretty expensive, one day one popped up on Ebay with an open bid and I got it way under what others wanted for it. This is a game worth playing if you get the chance.

7. Paranoiascape (PS1)
This was a weird game I saw in a video of random PS1 games from Japan and I knew I had to get a copy. Only one problem, no one was selling any copies. After a year of searching one finally popped up on Ebay for a pretty high price. I was able to talk the guy down to a much more fair price. Funny thing is now there's four copies online. lol

6. IGS Poly Game Master (PGM) Custom
I been searching for a Custom PGM for a while, I even started buying games while they where still cheap. If you don't know what this system is its the China answer to the Neo Geo MVS. Most of the games even feel like knock offs of MVS games. I finally found a guy who  customized arcade mother boards to be gaming consoles and he gave me a deal I had to take.

5. Sega Naomi Custom
The Sega Naomi was an Arcade mother board that pretty much gave birth to the Dreamcast. The same guy who had the PGM had this and made me a deal on both and I had to get them.

4. Elevator Action Returns (SAT)
I'm a huge Elevator Action fan, I played the Arcade back in the day and still hunting for an Arcade to go in my Arcade room, I found out there was a Sequel arcade, I played the Elevator Action 2 arcade and wanted to know if it was released on console. Well it was but only in Japan. Later when I got a Japanese Saturn I looked up the game and found out it was not cheap. After much waiting and watching Ebay I saw one up for open bid. I figured it was going to go for over $200 but I watched it. I waited til the last minute and snipped a bid and got it for about $100.

3. Rendering Ranger R2 (SFAM)
This is the most expensive Super Famicom game that was a public release. A great game that I that would be hard for me to get unless I wanted to blow close to a grand to get. Well I did my 3rd Game Expo and made some good money that day selling extras. I couldn't find anything to use the money on at the show so I looked online. I found a copy of Rendering Ranger and made an offer. They guy excepted and I used the money I made to get one of the hardest games on Super Famicom to get in my collection.

2. Aero Fighters (SNES)
This was a game I thought would haunt me, It's the one SNES game that's was released to the public that is super expensive. I did an expo selling my extras and made about a grand, I knew I wanted to get something super rare and a seller offered me this game at a price I would never see again. A great game for sure, but if it wasn't for selling so many games that day, I might have not gotten this game.

1. Commodore SX-64
This has to be the best find this year, I stopped at a garage sale and saw it on the table, The guy knew what he had but I still got WAY under what online would ask. This is the first portable computer and plays cart games with ease. I asked to test it out at the sale and she ran with no issues. Even came with a game and joystick. The thing weighs about 25 pounds with its tiny three inch screen. lol
I Love it.

I'd love to hear your best pickups of 2019, it doesn't have to be 30 but maybe top 3. Go ahead and list them below.  8)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:40:39 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

Re: Top 30 Pick Ups of 2019!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 10:12:07 am »
Some great games there those are some whacky japanese exclusives especially in the ps1 department.also more popular ones such as elevator action and that treasure game on ps1 japanese exclusives are fun stuff but there is definitely some dedication needed to enter those markets.

for me personally 2019 was allot less than former years but I did end up with some amazing deals regardless i have little to complain about. I don't think 2020 will have a ton of additions for me though with the combination of having pretty much everything that i want plus stuff getting harder and harder to find

30. Double dragon game gear
it's a pretty uncommon game on game gear gameplay isnt that great.

29. gradius III snes
ntc exclusive snes always stoked to add those not the best shooter but in europe I'll take what i can get

28. hoshigami
always pleased to find ntc exclusives for cheap

27.  xenogears ps1
NTC exclusive one of the better rpg's also came with the guide

26. Xdr megadrive
a japanese exclusive shootemup

25. ys vanished omens master system
a nice addition to the collection

24. Chiki chiki boys sega mega drive
a title wich i wanted for a long time finally scored one this year

23. elemental gimmick gear dreamcast.
very oddball to find in europe. pretty pleased to add it since i knew about from years ago.

22. Sega master system 3d glasses
didnt expect to ever score this accesoire for the master system oddball find

21. Ranma ½ snes
I loved the anime series always wanted that game pretty tough to find as an english boxed european copy usually french or spanish only.

20. Outrun 3d sega master system
oddball find never expected to score 3d master system game it was a fairly interesting deal at the time

19. Dragon quest Xi switch
yes a modern game

Haven't enjoyed an rpg for a long while now. draconian quests add great difficulty. you barely have to grind and even at one point when i did grind to do some quests the next boss could one shot the tankiest character in the game with some bad luck withouth a crit while having some of the best armour at the time with defense buffs active I won but pretty much the entire party was dead by than. yes plz. I have heard it was fairly easy on normal but with these options I'm not complaining both sides win. i'd imagine grinding can make any rpg easy as hell but if I look at the scaling unless your grinding for hours and hours preferably on metal enemies you definitely need to get out of your way to grind to make the game super easy.

the cut scenes and voice acting is actually good unlike 90% of most rpg's wich are just plain bad and cringe heck I might even want to watch a movie in this style enjoyed them allot.
I definitely see a ton of stuff from older series and an optional 2d mode wich is nice even if 3d is the way to go for this title. the dragon quest cliche's in this games are a very big plus for me.

dragonquest XI S definitive edition is ranked 2 in the dragonquest series for me only falling short to dragonquest V remake on ds wich had a better story and cast.

18. boktai 2
was on my wish list never managed to find one

17. Twinbee snes
a cool cute em up on snes

16. Skyblazer snes
always was curious about this title glad to finally ad it to the collection

15. raycrisis ps1
definitely a ps1 title that has elluded me for many years.

14. ranger x sega mega drive
scored this game for dirt cheap years ago withouth a manual finally completed it this year only to find it in 2019 cib multiple times that's some ******

game that i wanted for years

13. Sagaia sega genesis
finding this in europe for dirt cheap I'm not complaining another ntc exclusive shootemup for the collection

12. Robo aleste sega mega cd
definitely high on my list never expected to find it in a deal in 2019 though.

11. Strider 2 ps1
I underestimated this title. elluded me since the beginning when i started collecting. Finally scored one it's kinda strange how some titles are rarely found even if you scored way more rare titles tons of times already. Definitely one of the cooler looking games on ps1 though

10. Gekioh shooting king ps1
Only seen this game in the wild once before from a guy wich has sold me tons of stuff multiple times in the past for cheap. for some reason though in this one case his brother wanted to keep that game even if it wasnt that much more interesting than the other stuff that i bought in that set at the time. when i scored this for 5$ in 2019 that was pretty exciting.

a pretty nice shootemup for the ps1 reminding me of raiden II.

9. spiderman animated series sega mega drive
very hard to find in europe the game is mediocre came in my favourite deal of the year though

8. havoc
always wanted to try this game out very nice to score it in 2019 one of the best deals of the year for me

7. yoshi;s island not for resale cart
pretty oddball find in europe

6. Thunder force IV sega mega drive
This game always elluded me unless where going cart only. one of the best games on the system very pleased to finally score one in 2019. definetely very high on my list of my most wanted games

5. super probotector snes
contra curse has definitely been broken always wanted to have this game never had any luck snes to hyped pleased to finally score one

4. ps1 rental case
as far as ex rental cases go this might be my favourite one It looks amazing. seen a few in the past damaged or for skyhigh. yet this time around an excellent condition one while nobody was there.

3. Probotector sega mega drive
definitely near the top of the games that i want so to score that and like literally make the contra curse non existant in 2019 I was super stoked to finally score this one for the collection.

2. M29 triad header display nintendo top hits display sign
This was such an oddball deal. the picture was strange the display was filled with games that could have been sold back in the day. the price was shit the title was shit the category was shit. reacted with a joke got the sign. one of those boxes was a rare version aswell so i actually made a high profit while keeping the sign and some boxes that I still needed. that was one heck of a ride.

1. Alien soldier sega mega drive
What can i say a title wich was on the top of my want list since pretty much my beginning of collecting years to finally add this game to the collection after so many years. I never imagined to score this game for peanuts. gameplay is boss rush galore.

Top 3 all time sega deal for me wich included allot of good games for the collection including some in this list. 2019 was definitely not a year to complain about for me.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:46:32 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:37:53 am »
I probably won't throw in any pics, I might not even hit 30 because there is just so much I get that either isn't noteworthy or it was just something I got cheap online.

40 winks N64 - While I have no love for Piko Interactive, a cancelled N64 game getting a CIB release was pretty cool

Shadowblade Arcade Stick - Local game shop has had this for a long time, and every time they had sales on fight sticks this would disappear for a week or so.  They finally left it up during a fight stick sale and got it for like $7.

DMC4 X1 - I had been wanting this for quite some time, I don't know why I went with X1 for the DMC series as it should be connected to Sony due to the original games, but I bought all of the other games on X1 so I really wanted DMC4 on X1, the only physical release was in Japan for some god awful reason, and it's got a pretty low print run and is quite pricey.  A listing went up for it for like 800 yen and I grabbed it with a bunch of other games like Ka 2 and some Switch imports.

Clock Tower II - I had been out for this game for quite some time and its value has just increased and increased.  I managed to stumble upon 2 copies of this game this year for under $50.

obscure - I don't remember how, but I've had a manual for this game for quite some time, so I had been on the lookout for a case/disc copy for a while for a good price, managed to find one for a really good price.  One of the last high priced PS2 games I had left.  I think most of what I have left is under $50 now.

Harvest Moon PS1 - stumbled into a thrift store for shiggles and saw this and Carnage Heart (not complete) and was pretty ecstatic as my local thrifts have been throwing games on ebay/amazon for sale rather than putting them out on the shelves.

Fire Orange N64 - one of the last few funtastic N64 consoles I need (Red, Grape, and Smoke left) and a seller I frequent listed it for $50 so I snatched it quick.  Same seller sold me an ice blue and a gold console for just as cheap, but not this year.  Hoping I can get the rest eventually.

McDonalds Treasure land  - Another seller I frequent listed a bunch of quality genesis games for like $10-20 a piece so I bought a handful, this was one I've been wanting but was close to giving up on as I didn't want to pay the price, so it was really nice to get it so cheap.

intec gamecube screen - Was in a local shop and saw they had this, and they had it cheap, like $10.  Last time I bought an intec screen from them it was similarly priced, but it was untested, this one was tested so I snatched it, I think it wound up being like $5.

JP White PS2 - Same guy as the N64s listed a pearl white fat PS2.  No clue if it was going to be PAL or NTSC-J.  I was really hoping it'd be PAL as I wanted to get into PAL titles, but it was NTSC-J.  I think I thought about returning it because I don't think there is a ton to do with JP titles as the exclusive titles aren't language independent or english friendly.

Rimokokoron - Same guy as the N64s, I saw he had a game that looked goofy, so I did some research and decided that my first intentional JP PS2 game acquired after getting that PS2 would be this game.  Real goofy game.

GCHD/Super 64 - Gamestop ran a sale where if you bought one of these you could get any 3 games for the system for free.  Got a bunch of high price N64/GCN games for free, sold them on ebay and pretty much paid for itself.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 01:57:15 pm »
This wasn't a big year for pickups for me, especially since I decided to downsize, but I did have a few nice pickups. I certainly cannot do a top 30, but this last year I obtained a lot of nice Saturn games as a result of jumping back into collecting for it. Most notably I got Panzer Dragoon Saga (sold it after beating it), Dragon Force, and Virtua Fighter Remix. I also picked up a lot of excellent big box PC games as well.

necrosexual

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 02:23:23 pm »
i don't have much grandiose but hey.

1) some really sturdy OG xbox microsoft-branded component cables. the ones without the external hub. pretty sure you could use these suckers as a weapon like a whip and leave scars. local video game store sold them for an extremely cheap price and help i just looked them up on ebay sold listings. woah! i got these things for $7 or $13, i think the $13 item on the ticket was for KOTOR cause i remember hesitating to buy it lmao. never thought to look up the cables on ebay til now when i was looking for a pic to show them here and the sun shine on my lil local vg store, these things sell for over $40 in the sold listings, damn! i'm not one to be all 'lemme think bout it' and ebay when i am in a store, and anyway, $7 for a pair of OEM cables ain't a bad deal even if they're not rare... plus no shipping or ebay problems.
anyway, not my pic, but same model i have...

2) playstation classic for $20 in july from best buy. i only bought one on the vague idea that people had modded the classic already, i'd heard it was easy and i know how modders go nuts on easily cracked hardware like this. now it's become one of my favourite little things tbh. it's my emulation station now, in a tiny and cute lil package. happy birthday to me tbh

3) hyperdevotion noire and hyperdimension neptunia u on vita for $25 and $30, respectively. i've seen these games, especially hdnU, go for nearly MSRP when used on ebay, so i had a very merry neptunia christmasnepmas this year)))

4) pokemon heartgold, black and black 2 for $105 hurts to be called a good deal, but that's where we are now. going price of all three totals about $120. but with these three games, my pokemon DS collection only needs pearl to be complete, so yey. i can say with 100% certainty, they are all legit copies, not counterfeits... i know because i used them to get a living pokedex on omega ruby))

5) dragon star varnir limited edition for $50 during the iffy's winter sale. i'd been eyeing the LE for this because i am a total sucker for art books which showcase tsunako's art, but $75 is a steep price for a new series. not the best deal, but i'm happy... tbh it's a better LE than the super neptunia RPG one, def a sturdier box for sure.

6) phantom dust (xbox) for $5 at a local thrift store was a super neat find, i'd never heard of the game before but the back of the box made it seem neat. got a decent lil discount on the game vs ebay pricing, and a local used media stuff store is trying to sell it for $17. eyeroll sigh, the store has a huge inventory, but overprices the shit out of stock... anyway, there is damage to the artwork, which is upsetting, but oh well.

7) gaems vanguard portable monitor for $200 on black friday was a fuckin hell of a nab for me, as i needed a portable screen and didn't want to pay $300-350 for it. good timing for me to go on the market for it ig.

8.) sonic mania plus (switch) in a clearance bin for $12.66USD was a nice snatch.

9) a gcn-compatible black wii for $6 bundled with all its paperwork, a wiimote(+) and nunchuck, wii sports and wii sports resort from a secondhand store. bonus points goes to gamestop going nuts for WS and WSR with a $5 extra credit deal on top netting me like $24 trade credit for both of them. got a decent flip and kept the system for mod potential.

10) professor layton and the curious village and diabolic box, both cib for $8 a piece at a local used book store. not sure how good a deal i got, but i've been looking for these games for a while passively, so i was stoked to see them. so glad i saw them before a guy who came over a minute or so later, sat on the floor and started immediately and obviously doing price matching on ebay with his phone.

11) kim hyung tae's oxide2, the art book by the concept artist for magna carta. found at my local book store. i dig the art style of those games for some reason, so i was happy to bring that home. i'm a sucker for art books.

edit: i'm a little too used to cheapass gamer, giving prices everywhere. oops.

also:
4. ps1 rental case
as far as ex rental cases go this might be my favourite one It looks amazing. seen a few in the past damaged or for skyhigh. yet this time around an excellent condition one while nobody was there.
i'm digging this rental case btw. really neat thing to grab. just wanted to say
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:39:37 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 03:28:09 pm »
30.Bust A Move 3000\GC. Went on a road trip to Connecticut and was very happy to find this none in my area.
29.Fritz Chess\Wii. Got from friend who picked up at flea.
28.El Chavo\Wii. Same as above.
27.Super Troll Island\Snes. Not expensive but I had never even seen this before very happy to add to my collection.
26.Ghost Hunter\Ps2. Not many ps2 titles left that im looking for glad I finally found this one before it got to expensive.
25.Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Limited ed.\Psp
24.NCAA Football 14\Xbox360. One of the last games I need to complete my 360 collection awesome I found this.
23.Sidearms\Turbo Grafx 16. Its hard to find turbo grafix games in my area whenever I find them I try to snatch them up.
22.Impossamole\Turbo Grafx 16.same as above
21.Dreamcast (Japan Import)\Sega. My Japanese Collection is growing and now I have a way to play all those awesome games.
20.Shien's Revenge\Snes. Hard to find at least around me.
19.Sonic Blast Man II\Snes. Found at Pax last year.
18.Valis III\Genesis. Scored this at a mom and pop store outside Boston.
17.3ds XL Samus Ed.\Nin. This thing is pretty sweet might be my favorite XL of all time.
16.Arrow Flash\Genesis. I found this the same time I got Valis III it's alot harder to find genesis stuff now Im Happy to Have this.
15.Black Sigil:Blade of the Exiled\Ds.
14.Aerial Assault\Master System. I only started collecting for this system about a year or two ago and im loving this system.
13.Three Dirty Dwarves\Saturn.I picked this up for 20 bucks! 
12.Color A Dinosaur\Nes. Another find at Pax.
11.Wardner\Genesis. Been looking for this platformer for quite some time.
10.Snk Gal Fighters\Neo Geo Pocket. My son picked this up for me at a small convention in Connecticut.
09.Mega Man 7\Snes. Always wanted this and finaly found at good price.
08.Enemy Zero\Saturn.
07.Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ\Ds. Very happy to finaly add this.
06.Phantasy star\Sega Master System.
05.Duck Tails 2\Nes.
04.Snow Brothers\Nes. Always happy to add a Nes game.
03.Super Bowling\N64. Had to put down some coin for this.
02.Play Station 3 Test System\Sony. This is awesome!
01.Nintendo System Deluxe Set\Nin. This was complete in box minus the system it was the only thing that was
touched. I just replaced it with a extra one and now I got a cib rob the robot system! And it Was given to me for free thanks Tim!

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 11:40:34 pm »
Oof, I completely missed this topic! Don't mind me, though, I'm still partaking in it. Granted, I can't do 30, but I can try and do maybe half...

I'm listing these in no particular order (most are from eBay):

Revoltech Yamaguchi Series No. 120 - Jehuty & Vector Cannon
I always wanted this figure ever since I learned about the series, so I was thrilled when someone finally listed this one in particular for auction on eBay, meaning I got it cheaper than the usual BIN price. Hopefully I'll be as fortunate with the last two in the series...

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters (PS2)
I rarely get coupons from eBay, but I ended up getting some during March that I used to get this game, which had been in my wantlist for quite some time. I ended up getting it for cheap, far below its asking price, especially considering it's a sealed copy.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (PS2)
This three I got obscenely cheap, and what makes getting them special for me is the fact I was looking for the first one and ended up stumbling with a listing for all three with little traction. Great find for basically the price of one.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection 1987-2012 (w/ Artbook) (PS3)
I got this one in a PS3 lot that included an opened copy of Mass Effect Trilogy, which I owned a sealed copy of that I got for cheap years ago. Overall, I got this game, alongside the rest of the lot for free after selling my sealed copy of Mass Effect Trilogy. These are the best kind of pick ups, if you ask me.

Made Man: Confessions of the Family Blood (PS2)
Finding a good copy of this game on eBay became a hassle for me, so when I came across a listing for a lot of three PS2 games this one being one of them, I sniped it. Really glad to finally have it my collection.

Silent Line: Armored Core (PS2)
It has been my goal to complete my Armored Core game collection, so at first for this one I was eyeing an auction that went from 0 to 100 in a snap, so funnily enough right as that listing ended I came across a newly listed copy of the game for literally half of what the auction went for. Love moments like that.

Red Dead Redemption - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
I already owned a copy of Red Dead Redemption, as well as Undead Nightmare, but I wanted the GOTYE the most, so I was happy when I got it in another PS3 lot I bought. Not a big deal all things considered, but it's one of those games you get happy for when you finally manage to get it, especially by happenstance, and for cheap.

The Thing (PS2)
Admittedly I've seen this movie only once, but it stuck with me and I've wanted the game ever since watching gameplay footage. There were some listings on eBay going for cheap during the time I was looking for it, but I took so long that they ended up selling. Fortunately someone listed the game for a bit cheaper, so I stopped vacillating and snagged it before someone else did. Very clean-looking copy, too!

Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 (PS2)
Getting this game has quite the story behind it that I'm going to shorten as much as possible for the sake of this post. Originally I got the first game for cheap; the seller listed it as like new, but turned out to be a dud. Then I found a listing for both, where I contacted the seller asking about condition, "they're barely used" was essentially what I was told, but such wasn't the case. Third time I came across an auction for the second one, which I ended up winning for about $10 less the asking price, finally getting a proper copy of the game. Third time was the charm, as they say.

Kaan: Barbarian's Blade (PS2)
I tried the PC version sometime last year and quite liked it, but given I own a TEST PS2 I wanted to own it physically, so I was fortunate to find a listing for a very reasonable price. The seller I bought it from was from Italy, so the worst thing that could happen happened: the disc came loose inside the case. Thankfully the disc didn't suffer any damage; it was stuck in the lower clip that holds the manual when I opened the case. It would've been nice if this game was released outside of Europe.

AirForce Delta Strike (PS2)
I used to have a hard time finding a good listing for this game, similar to Sub Rebellion many years ago. Every time I searched for it, all I would get were listings for disc only or for complete copies in god-awful conditions. At one time I found what appeared to be a potentially good listing, but it was one of those stock image listings, and the buyer never bothered to reply to my messages, so I moved on. It wasn't until October of last year that I finally managed to find a copy I'm content with.

The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (Wii)
While perusing listings on eBay I came across one for a bunch of Wii games where this one was a part of. I have been wanting it for a while now; however, as much as I wanted it, the lot really wasn't worth the asking price, so I messaged the seller with an offer, which he declined. For whatever reason he cancelled the listing the next day, and about a week or so later relisted the lot at the price I had originally offered. The listing he cancelled had about 10+ watchers, which in the grand scheme of things mean nothing, but this one was newly listed and I was early, so I snagged it before someone else would. I ended up selling the rest of the Wii games I didn't want and literally getting the rest for free.

Baroque (PS2)
I've had some form of aversion to this game, similar to Ephemeral Fantasia, where every time I watch gameplay footage of it I get put off by it. Somehow I still find both appealing, but they're the type of game I'd only get if I manage to find at the right price. Opportunity knocked on my door and I found the right listing back in October, of all months for this particular game. What's funny is that the Wii lot I got Sky Crawlers from also had this game; but as far as I know there aren't any worthwhile differences. I prefer the PS2 version, though.

The Kore Gang: Outvasion from Inner Earth (Wii)
Another one of those hard to come by games when searching on eBay, at least for a good price and condition. After months I finally managed to find a nice listing for it at the right price. Truth be told, I actually got this one years ago from another seller, who listed it as complete and "like new", but it turned out to be a lie since it was missing the manual and, of all things, the disc came broken in half.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn (PS3)
This is quite possibly one of my best pick ups of the past decade, mainly because I like Gundam and it's somewhat of an uncommon game. Long story short, I bought a mixed lot of PS2 and PS3 games from a seller on eBay, she was essentially trying to get rid of her son's video game collection since it was taking up space. Not only did I get the game by chance while having a private conversation with the seller, I pretty much got it for nothing. Definitely happy to have this one.

Nintendo Wii
Yes, I've included a Wii in a top pick up list, and I would actually say it's my top pick up of last year, which I was gifted out of the blue by an old acquaintance, complete in box and clean as a whistle. What makes this pick up so special? It came loaded with a bunch of Virtual Console and WiiWare games. Getting gifts when you least expect them sure is nice, but what's even better is when the gift itself comes bearing gifts. I felt like a kid in a candy store the moment I unboxed the console and saw 2 SD cards, then checking them out and finding out their contents. My face couldn't contain the excitement.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!