Author Topic: May 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 4458 times)

Re: May 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 11:46:41 pm »
Bought these over the weekend from a sale that Gamestop had because I have no shame.

Vita
Mortal Kombat
Assassins Creed III: Liberation

Xbox One
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein II: New Colossus

Xbox 360
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Wii
Goldeneye 007

More to come in the coming days

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 05:29:59 pm »
Xbox 360
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

jipsy

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 07:39:01 pm »
Nothing new this month so far but I did just find a CD book almost filled with all the games I never had cases for.
Jipsy

theflea

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 06:40:31 am »
Hope everyone is staying healthy during the crisis. Game collecting has been slow during this time.
Mostly sending offers to sellers online and I bought a bunch of cheap Japanese games that are stuck in Japan.  :-[
Still finding clearance games from the few stores that can be open and games I pre-ordered online.
And finally I completed a US game collection.  :o

SWITCH
- Riddled Corpses EX
- Stay
- Gekido Kintaro's Revenge
- Bad North
- Bad North - Collector's Edition
- Battle Princess Madelyn
- Cooking Mama Cookstar
I had to get this last game, in case you don't know this game was removed from the E-Shop and discontinued quick after release due to legal issues.

XBone
Found some clearance games at my local Maijers.
- NBA 2K16
- PES 2016: Pro Evolution Soccer
- Sea of Thieves

PS4
- Indivisible
- Ugly Dolls
- Costume Quest 2
- Costume Quest 2 - Collector's Edition
- Battle Princess Madelyn
- Illusion of L'Phalcia
- Ketsui Deathtiny: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
- War Theatre
- Old Man's Journey

VITA
- The Deer God
- Bit Dungeon +
- Foxyland Collection - Limited Edition
- Kid Tripp + Miles & Kilo - Limited Edition

3DS
- Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force

NDS
- From the Abyss

PS1
I finally got the last game I needed for a complete Playstation One US collection.  8)
- Starblade Alpha

SNES
Made an offer on a CIB sealed SNES game and got it.
- Magic Boy

SFAM
Got this rarer Super Famicom game at half the price it normally goes for.
- Pokonyan Henpokorin Adventure

SMS
Don't get new Sega Master System games added to my collection lately, picked up this Euro exclusive.
- Dynamite Dux

And I added a new game console to my collection, I made a offer which was about half the price and it was excepted.
I now own this POS console. lol
- LJN Video Art  :P

I hope this health crisis ends soon, I was so looking forward to hitting garage sales and going to Gaming expos this year.  :-[

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:51:06 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Flashback2012

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 08:19:04 am »
SWITCH
- Cooking Mama Cookstar
I had to get this last game, in case you don't know this game was removed from the E-Shop and discontinued quick after release due to legal issues.

I'll have to look for that Gekido. As for Cooking Mama, I ordered it from Play-Asia a month ago (for WAY more than I should have) and still haven't seen anything. Funny enough, they sent me an email saying "Hey you ordered this, tell us what you think of it!" Uhhhhh.... :P

XBone
Found some clearance games at my local Meijers.
- NBA 2K16
- Sea of Thieves

I've seen Sea of Thieves marked down at the Meijer stores around here but always like $35-40. Trying to pay less than that.

PS4
- War Theatre
- Old Man's Journey

Not familiar with the EU titles, I'll have to look those up.

VITA
- The Deer God
- Bit Dungeon +

Nice EU Vita gets. I noticed they got a lot more releases there because of the requirement there be a physical release.

PS1
I finally got the last game I needed for a complete Playstation One US collection.  8)
- Starblade Alpha

Nice title for the last game. Now do US PS2 next!  ;)

SMS
Don't get new Sega Master System games added to my collection lately, picked up this Euro exclusive.
- Dynamite Dux

Is it for certain this is Euro exclusive? There's a NA listing with a barcode. I thought I had this but it still shows on my Wishlist.  :-\

I hope this health crisis ends soon, I was so looking forward to hitting garage sales and going to Gaming expos this year.  :-[

I hear you on this, I'm soooo ready to go scouring into some Half Price Books.

You mentioned Meijer so you are in/near Michigan or a state nearby? I thought you were out in California or somewhere out West.  :P

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
Mostly sending offers to sellers online and I bought a bunch of cheap Japanese games that are stuck in Japan.  :-[

Japan Post isn't shipping internationally since mid April. It happened to a lot of people. To get something out of Japan you need to use DHL now. I bought one thing the day before the "embargo" and paid for EMS, but the seller shipped with DHL instead.

Sega Dreamcast
Coaster Works

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 10:59:37 am »
stuff
A lot of those EU stuff are Red Art Games releases, they go on sale frequently and can be obtained through PA and VGP as well as direct from RAG.

I've been buying from Amazon JP for JP stuff because they ship everything DHL and pretty fast too.  Hoping to have some stuff to share mid next week.

doafan

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 12:02:40 pm »
At the beginning of this month have purchased the digital version of The Legend of Legacy for my 3DS, can't believe that didn't hear anything from this game before (the reviews of this game are as awful as I can immagine) plus purchased at a First Cash in my city the cartridge of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition for only $ 4.25 Dollars which it was a good deal since at Mercado Libre they are asiking for at least 20 bucks just for the cartridge plus shipping, also managed to get another five Ammibo Cards, this time I got Opal, Cole, Diana, Gayle and Keaton for a very reasonable price cause the price of some of these cards are nuts right now  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

theflea

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2020, 10:07:39 pm »
SWITCH
- Cooking Mama Cookstar

I'll have to look for that Gekido. As for Cooking Mama, I ordered it from Play-Asia a month ago (for WAY more than I should have) and still haven't seen anything. Funny enough, they sent me an email saying "Hey you ordered this, tell us what you think of it!" Uhhhhh.... :P

XBone
Found some clearance games at my local Meijers.
- NBA 2K16
- Sea of Thieves

I've seen Sea of Thieves marked down at the Meijer stores around here but always like $35-40. Trying to pay less than that.

PS4
- War Theatre
- Old Man's Journey

Not familiar with the EU titles, I'll have to look those up.

VITA
- The Deer God
- Bit Dungeon +

Nice EU Vita gets. I noticed they got a lot more releases there because of the requirement there be a physical release.

PS1
- Starblade Alpha

Nice title for the last game. Now do US PS2 next!  ;)

SMS
- Dynamite Dux

Is it for certain this is Euro exclusive? There's a NA listing with a barcode. I thought I had this but it still shows on my Wishlist.  :-\

I hear you on this, I'm soooo ready to go scouring into some Half Price Books.

You mentioned Meijer so you are in/near Michigan or a state nearby? I thought you were out in California or somewhere out West.  :P

Q1 - From what I gathered the few copies of Cooking Mama on Switch where only obtainable from a few store and online shops. Most people got it from Target stores from what I hear. I paid about $10 over the release price, which isn't bad and it was free shipping.

Q2 - This was a game I wanted to pay under $15, so when I saw it on clearance for $12.50 I grabbed it.

Q3 - Red Art Games, They had a huge sale and I picked out a few.

Q4 - Two are Red Art Games, last two are Play-Asia exclusives.

Q5 - I have 1423 out of the 1800 or so released in the USA  :P
       I have been buying more PS2 titles I'm missing the last few years, My local used game store runs a sale of B5G5 free and I try and
       knock out a lot of scrap titles during those sales. Usually I start finishing a collection once I see I have a low amount left to get for
       that system. Maybe I'll do N64. I think there's only one hard to get game I need and I'm only missing 24 games for a complete.  ;)

Q6 - Far as I can find it was only released in the Europe, It works fine on a US SMS sense the system is region free.

Q7 - Yes, I live near the Chicago area.

Japan Post isn't shipping internationally since mid April. It happened to a lot of people. To get something out of Japan you need to use DHL now. I bought one thing the day before the "embargo" and paid for EMS, but the seller shipped with DHL instead.

Most where bought right at the beginning of the crisis. Just gotta hope they get to me once this is all over.  :-\

"Happy game hunting!!!"

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2020, 11:23:00 pm »
PS1
- Starblade Alpha

Nice job on completing the set.  I'm down to 1 more ps1 game for the set- Madden 2004. Just completed a trade with a guy this week on fb and should finally complete my set too by the end of this week!

mark1982

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 06:05:17 am »

Zelda Breath of the Wild Switch Controller, got it really cheap from a seller selling off his Switch Collection. I necessarily don't buy Controller editions, but it was a good deal, brand new, plus I liked the look of the controller. Nice Texture too, Feels good in the hands.

I don't even have a switch and I'd like that, lol. Beautiful controller!

I was surprised the seller was selling it for so cheap, got it for $8. Said he needed some extra cash on short notice, so he's selling his switch stuff. He said he used it twice, probably the reason why it still looks brand new ;D

I probably won't use it myself since I mainly play my Switch as a handheld. Nice controller to add to the collection though.
  l    l 

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 06:24:31 am »
I had one of those Zelda controllers.  The left thumbstick went kaput very fast.  It's a known problem with that company.  They did send me a replacement, however, no hassle.  Though I had the receipt.

sworddude

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2020, 06:52:27 am »

SWITCH

Lol gekido the gba game on switch.

what did they do to it. Only an upscale or also added content

Kinda interesting to see that the more niche gba games are getting switch ports.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mark1982

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2020, 07:49:27 am »
I had one of those Zelda controllers.  The left thumbstick went kaput very fast.  It's a known problem with that company.  They did send me a replacement, however, no hassle.  Though I had the receipt.

Tried it out and it works fine. Good to know the analog sticks are not durable, better not to use it then, heh. Thanks for the heads up ;D
  l    l 

mark1982

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2020, 08:02:35 am »

SWITCH

Lol gekido the gba game on switch.

what did they do to it. Only an upscale or also added content

Kinda interesting to see that the more niche gba games are getting switch ports.

I have the Digital Version and they actually did quite a lot to the Switch Version, was impressive. I even went back to my GBA version to see the differences.

They upscale and added a wide screen option. Re-Did all the cutscenes with cleaner animations, so basically animate whole thing out again. Plus gave the entire game new music, similar to the original score but re-done so it doesn't sound like a GBA game. Basic combat of the game is the same, which was pretty good to begin with imo.

They gave the options to revert back to the original if you want to, but the new additions are nice. Was impressed actually for a title so cheap.
  l    l