Author Topic: So I did a thing...  (Read 3201 times)

Re: So I did a thing...
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2020, 11:33:18 pm »
That was a good video, you sir have gotten yourself a sub.

Thank you very much :)

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 12:13:53 am »
I'm happy for you. :) I did a few videos a long time ago but, all my gaming videos are now off the Internet. I took them down.

updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 03:26:14 am »
I said I was going to do it for years and I finally decided to actually do it.

I created a dedicated gaming youtube channel and I posted my first youtube video. It's a top 5 list of my favorite video game magazines from back in the day. Beyond being my first video and the result of a lot of trial and error in making it, I'm overall very happy with the quality of it. It was as much a learning experience for me in video editing and audio recording as it was my desire to make a video I really wanted to make. I'll be doing more videos with actual captured footage in the future, but am currently building a new PC for this job. Beyond lists I also want to do reviews on games as well, but I'll still post about them in the 52-games thread too :p

Hope you guys enjoy the video, let me know what you think of it, and if you're so inclined, subscribe to your fellow VGcollect member :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0A8BVz9QQ

PS. In case anyone was wondering about the name, it was a nickname given to me in high school by a punk rocker kid I used to hang out with. He called me that because of my ability to sound just like Wigglytuff despite my otherwise deep voice. He started calling me that, a few of our other friends called me it too, and the name sort of stuck in that circle of friends. I can't do the voice as well as I used to, but hey, there's your riveting backstory :P

That was a fun video and very engaging.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Happily subbed!  :)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 04:09:13 am »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 03:14:53 pm »
Great video man! You got yourself a new sub :D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

mark1982

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 04:46:44 am »
Just watched the entire video, awesome stuff ;D

Hit a soft spot since I was heavily into GamePro and EGM growing up and I basically threw them all out one day :'( Looking back at it I'm not sure why, maybe I needed the space back then when I was a teen and didn't think about collecting mags. Would have been cool to actually sit down one day and go through them all again.

I worked in Publication years back when magazines were actually still a thing as a Designer. Designed for a Tech Mag and a Local Video Game Magazine, kept all the copies I worked on in Storage. Was definitely fun while it lasted, but the way the magazine industry suddenly collapsed it was a sure sign to get out and do something else.

Staying late nights in the office to hit print date deadlines with the team is something I will never forget, lots of fun actually, goofing around on our breaks and just playing games for reviews. Ah well, times have changed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:52:20 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 12:20:12 pm »
Very well done. Sadly not a topic I can relate with since I was never into mags, but the video was good.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:09 pm »
Great video man! You got yourself a new sub :D

I really appreciate that :)

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 01:10:18 pm »
Just watched the entire video, awesome stuff ;D

Hit a soft spot since I was heavily into GamePro and EGM growing up and I basically threw them all out one day :'( Looking back at it I'm not sure why, maybe I needed the space back then when I was a teen and didn't think about collecting mags. Would have been cool to actually sit down one day and go through them all again.

I worked in Publication years back when magazines were actually still a thing as a Designer. Designed for a Tech Mag and a Local Video Game Magazine, kept all the copies I worked on in Storage. Was definitely fun while it lasted, but the way the magazine industry suddenly collapsed it was a sure sign to get out and do something else.

Staying late nights in the office to hit print date deadlines with the team is something I will never forget, lots of fun actually, goofing around on our breaks and just playing games for reviews. Ah well, times have changed.

That sounds like an awesome job. Although the thought of it makes me wince now, I remember cutting up a bunch of my gaming mags as a kid in order to make my own video game magazine. A friend of mine cannibalized probably 20 issues of various gaming mags that him and I owned to make it, and it obviously looked like crap since two 10 year olds made it, but it was a lot of fun I remember.

But yeah, I miss how many gaming mags there used to be and how readily available they were. I was actually grocery shopping the other night and decided to check out the magazine isle for old times sake, and not a single gaming mag was on the shelf. I wasn't really surprises since they stopped carrying any pretty much since NP went away, but it still bums me out. I guess the internet is a vastly better, more immediate source for gaming info, but it just doesn't have the specialness of having a Gamepro and NP in your hands.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 01:11:17 pm »
Very well done. Sadly not a topic I can relate with since I was never into mags, but the video was good.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! I should hopefully have my next video up by tomorrow :)

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 02:29:57 pm »
Video #2 is up!!

Top 5 Pinball Machines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msxGMUj4M1U

This will be the last time I promote one of my new videos in this thread. I'm going to have an ongoing thread in the Video Showcase Forum page if anyone wants future updates, uploads, or has any questions or feedback regarding my channel.

Youtube Channel Forum Page
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10843.new.html#new