Author Topic: Will PS5 and XSeX be Delayed to 2021?  (Read 1726 times)

telekill

Will PS5 and XSeX be Delayed to 2021?
« on: August 26, 2020, 01:53:01 pm »

We are about 2-3 months from the launch of the next gen systems assuming that mid November is the original target window for release. There are still many important details that neither Sony or Microsoft have released to the public.

1. Release date
2. Price of the systems
3. Day 1 launch games list

Hell, we haven't even seen the back of the PS5 yet; I'm hoping to see two regular USB ports for VR and external HDD.

I'm sure there are a handful of us that have been saving for a few months for the new system of choice, but there are many consumers that will wait for the above information to be released before they start saving up. They need these details before making the choice on what and when to purchase.

The lack of information from both companies tell me that both could easily be delayed into next year. What are your thoughts? Is 2-3 months enough time for consumers to consider buying a $400-$600 system if they haven't already been saving? If they actually release this fall as stated, I think both will suffer from a lack of sales in comparison to PS4 and X1 because of the delay of information for so long but also because of the obvious lock downs and high unemployment from the global pandemic reactions.

Re: Will PS5 and XSeX be Delayed to 2021?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 01:54:45 pm »
Sony has been very adamant that they will release this year.  They just put out a statement like last week.

X-Box I could see happening, especially after the Halo delay.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:46:21 pm »
I don't think either will delay.  Xbox losing the Halo launch isn't good, but I think both companies are going to really want to get that system out no matter what as a lot of stuff goes into a console launch, so I think delaying one of them is harder than a game.  That being said, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do, mostly just because of this dumb game of chicken Sony and Microsoft are playing with the price and release date lol  Both want to undercut the others price, but one has to announce their price first before it happens.  I think we'll find out in the next few weeks.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 09:44:28 pm »
I have never been so underwhelmed by a console launch ever. I personally don't care if they get delayed another year even. The launch titles look like garbage on both.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 12:37:09 am »
I really doubt either of them will want to miss the holiday season. They'll release this year, but will probably be very hard to find for the first few months.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 07:39:47 am »
I won't be losing any sleep about either of them if there are delays.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 08:06:47 am »

We are about 2-3 months from the launch of the next gen systems assuming that mid November is the original target window for release. There are still many important details that neither Sony or Microsoft have released to the public.

1. Release date
2. Price of the systems
3. Day 1 launch games list

Hell, we haven't even seen the back of the PS5 yet; I'm hoping to see two regular USB ports for VR and external HDD.

I'm sure there are a handful of us that have been saving for a few months for the new system of choice, but there are many consumers that will wait for the above information to be released before they start saving up. They need these details before making the choice on what and when to purchase.

The lack of information from both companies tell me that both could easily be delayed into next year. What are your thoughts? Is 2-3 months enough time for consumers to consider buying a $400-$600 system if they haven't already been saving? If they actually release this fall as stated, I think both will suffer from a lack of sales in comparison to PS4 and X1 because of the delay of information for so long but also because of the obvious lock downs and high unemployment from the global pandemic reactions.

why do you think there will be a delay?

Also why would one assume the new consoles would cost as low as 400$

you do realise that both the xbox one x and ps4 pro are close to 400$ retail.

Aren't these new generation consoles supposed to be far more powerfull. I'm thinking 600 at the very least.

if they go as low as 500$ I would be suprised considering how much the pro and one X cost atm.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 08:08:50 am »
I did see that Sony has released an odd way of being notified about preorders. You can register via your PSN ID to be put into a drawing to preorder a PS5 directly from Sony. No idea of when it will happen or yet what the cost is. I registered but don't anticipate being selected.

I still believe that there will be a delay for next gen. I've also noticed that most next gen launch window games will be cross gen. The title I'm most excited for is Outriders which is also on PS4.

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 10:33:04 am »
Yeah, I recently got an email to register for an "opportunity" to pre-order the PS5. Lol, no thanks.

I can't get over how ugly they both look...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 11:19:58 am »
I registered so I have a better chance at getting one if it sounds like they might not have as big of a stock of systems as they would want to meet likely demands.  I was planning to get one at launch anyways.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 09:05:50 pm »
It wouldn't bother me if they did. I've had my PS4 for not even a year yet. Besides there's always a big risk jumping immediately to buying a new system as soon as its released.

If the console doesn't do very well & gets scrapped, then you've just wasted $400+. Then there's unforseen issues like the Xbox 360's RROD. While Microsoft was quick to fix it, it was still a pain to have to deal with that. My brother had to go through that. I waited for about 4 years after the release of the 360 before buying it.

I'm not going to jump on the new system bandwagon just yet. I'll give them time to work out the kinks & bugs first, then wait for the price to drop. Then I'll make my decision on what to get if I don't decide to skip the new console generation altogether.

telekill

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 11:19:43 am »
Sounds like a rumor is floating about that we'll be seeing some kind of PS5 event on the 25th anniversary of the PS1 on September 9th. Rumors are all over the place with some including that the price and launch day will be announced. Some are saying that new AAA games will be announced. Some are even going so far to say that with the recent AMD and NVidia card showings that PS5 might get a power boost of some kind (doubtful).

I'm not going to hold my breath, but here's hoping. I still believe we could very well see a delay to next year.

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 05:13:33 pm »
If this delay is true

This can be a good thing and a bad thing, first the bad. On SONY's part with this might hamper their funds and support on a brand new console launch.

The good news is that those of you who own, or want to own a PlayStation 4. will likely get to keep downloading your games, playing games on it longer, since IF SONY decides to end the online support for the PlayStation 4 after the PlayStation 5 is out.

this is great also for collectors as well since the PlayStation 4 life might be extended and supported for a longer time by this delay. I read that the PlayStation 5 will support PlayStation 4 games

But since the PlayStation 5 will be backwards compatible (with PS4 games) why would SONY need to keep on supporting the PlayStation 4 once 5 is out? :-\

I often wonder if SONY will end the PlayStation 4's support therefore forcing people to buy a PlayStation 5 and not keep the online services up for those who still own a PlayStation 4.

I got a feeling Microsoft won't do the same as SONY, but maybe they will or maybe either won't

but so far so good both companies are still supporting the 7th generation online patch servers so I hope they don't leave both 7th and 8th generations in the dust because I love some of my 7th generation consoles.

this is what the internet said from July 17,2020

The PlayStation 5 is set to launch by the end of this year, but Sony says it will continue to support the PS4. Even with the PS5 releasing this holiday season, it will be at least 2021 before some of the big games already revealed for it are on store shelves.Jul 17, 2020
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:45:13 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

telekill

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2020, 08:26:53 am »
I often wonder if SONY will end the PlayStation 4's support therefore forcing people to buy a PlayStation 5 and not keep the online services up for those who still own a PlayStation 4.

I got a feeling Microsoft won't do the same as SONY, but maybe they will or maybe either won't

but so far so good both companies are still supporting the 7th generation online patch servers so I hope they don't leave both 7th and 8th generations in the dust because I love some of my 7th generation consoles.

I believe Sony will be supporting PS4 through 2023 via online servers, production, and allowing third party games on the system. Sony has supported each Playstation for a minimum of 10 years. Going from system launch to last game released on each system....

PS1 - 1994/5 - 2005
PS2 - 2000 - 2014
PS3 - 2006 - 2020
PS4 - 2013 - 202?
PS5 - 2020/1? - 20??

Continued support for PS4 won't be an issue.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 10:00:15 am »
Series X has been given a price of $499 and a release date of Nov. 10.  If they are making this year, there's no way Sony would miss it.