Author Topic: Is the NES going down in price?  (Read 2740 times)

dreama1

Is the NES going down in price?
« on: September 21, 2020, 06:30:22 pm »
Is the NES going down in price?  I heard a rumour prices are decreasing recently, is it true?

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Is the NES going down in price?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:50:50 pm »
Common stuff is coming down slowly. Highly collectible stuff keeps going up.  There will be a bigger and bigger gap as time goes on.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 02:35:02 am »
who wants the common stuff anyway aside from megaman 2 contra and some others

Also megaman 2 cib 80$ contra cib 70 to 100+ $ :P

Where is the price drop for cib I thought contra and megaman 2 where common games
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 09:40:13 am »

Where is the price drop for cib I thought contra and megaman 2 where common games

Contra was going for about $50 loose at one point. It’s about $25-$30 now.
Mega Man 2 was up around $30-$40. Now, it’s less than $20.

CIB collecting is different than just game collecting. Those prices will stay high for longer.

Now, that’s just in my experience in finding stuff locally. eBay may be different.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:42:51 am by turf »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 07:30:20 pm »
Somethings are droping in price but my collection value as a hole keeps going up.You can still find lots of cool stuff in the 5$ to 20$ range though wich I find pretty respectable.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 09:15:49 pm »

Lots of great commons. Marios, Castlevania, DuckTales, Bionic Commando, Batman, etc.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 12:04:42 am »
Thank freakin god! It only took 10-years :p

armani

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 12:55:08 am »
I have noticed that NES stuff is getting cheaper. Hard truth, but it's about time people realize that most of the NES's library (regardless if the games are licensed or not) are complete garbage lol, and a lot of those games aren't even worth $10 to me. Might go back to collecting NES stuff soon, haven't bought an NES game since around the time they went way up in 2014.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 02:54:52 am »

Lots of great commons. Marios, Castlevania, DuckTales, Bionic Commando, Batman, etc.

obviously just giving some examples, still shocks me how even ducktales and mario bros 3 cib in nice shape are over 50$.

as common as those are supposed to be

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 08:03:05 am »

obviously just giving some examples, still shocks me how even ducktales and mario bros 3 cib in nice shape are over 50$.

Because almost nothing that is CIB can be really considered common.  The CIB status is what gives it value.  You will almost certainly never see CIB drop in value.  You are completely ignoring burningdoom's previous statement about CIB Collecting being different than normal collecting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:10:30 am by Cartagia »

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 08:18:34 am »

Because almost nothing that is CIB can be really considered common.  The CIB status is what gives it value.  You will almost certainly never see CIB drop in value.  You are completely ignoring burningdoom's previous statement about CIB Collecting being different than normal collecting.

I didn't ignore it. i even replied obviously since I'm aware that plenty of other great common titles exist, many of wich i own.

as some here replied, cib drops slower in value wich i have rarely seen that is why I commented on even such games as mario bros 3 and ducktales having such prices for cib. those prices where cheaper some years ago yet they didn't drop like cart only or even went up. again some people did reply that cib drops but slower wich I hardly notice.

Also this topic didn't state where only talking about cart only. cib also applies here. For nes cart only and cib collectors exist after all.

also I'm aware that the cart to cib ratio is low as in 1 - 10/20 and that probably less than 50% of those cib examples could be considered collectible. but still even if you'd include that. if prices drop it means less interest meaning less people who collect for nes and price drops even for cib.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:24:51 am by sworddude »

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 08:33:10 am »
I never said we were only talking about cart only, but this is the second post in the thread:

Common stuff is coming down slowly. Highly collectible stuff keeps going up.  There will be a bigger and bigger gap as time goes on.

I'd drop anything CIB in the "highly collectible" category.  At this point it's not open for a reason - and the reason is to help retain value and collelctibility.  And based on everything you just said, you are aware of that.

Also, I previously misspoke, and attributed something turf said to burningdoom.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:57 am »
I never said we were only talking about cart only, but this is the second post in the thread:

I'd drop anything CIB in the "highly collectible" category.  At this point it's not open for a reason - and the reason is to help retain value and collelctibility.  And based on everything you just said, you are aware of that.

Also, I previously misspoke, and attributed something turf said to burningdoom.

I quote his 2nd reply

"CIB collecting is different than just game collecting. Those prices will stay high for longer."

Wich means price drop but slower.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:52:39 am by sworddude »

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 10:00:51 am »
You are completely ignoring burningdoom's previous statement about CIB Collecting being different than normal collecting.

Who, sworddude?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 01:54:51 pm »
I dont think so, also you should consider CIB or just loose console.

A few years ago the system was 50$ in my country and nowadays you cant find one for less than 120$
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.