Author Topic: What older games would you like to see a re-release of?  (Read 3977 times)

What older games would you like to see a re-release of?
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:59 am »
In this day & age, of remakes, reboots, & re-releases I got to thinking what physical releases I would be willing to pay my hard earned money for. I'm a sucker for a nostalgia trip. I've bought re-released games & compilations like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2, Q-Bert Rebooted, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

Since Bethesda came out with a re-release of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim & Dishonored, I would love to get a re-released version of Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas.

I like how the gameplay mechanics of Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, & Fallout 4 are similar to Skyrim. I like being able to switch between First Person & Third Person modes. I like being able to gather weapons, armor, junk, & health items from enemies or various stashes. The Fallout & Elder Scroll games can keep me occupied for hours on end.

What your thoughts?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What older games would you like to see a re-release of?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 11:29:12 am »
100% the King's Field games.

jalien

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:41:56 pm »
The original Fire Emblem for NES was just announced to be released on the Nintendo Switch eShop in full english, so looking forward to that. Honestly I'd like to see more released like that of games we never got over here in the West localized. Now hopefully something like Limited Run Games will be allowed to make a good physical collectors edition of it.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 01:30:44 pm »
Now hopefully something like Limited Run Games will be allowed to make a good physical collectors edition of it.

Nintendo's already doing that. Has a replica NES box and cart, an artbook, map, and poster.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 01:33:02 pm »
There's two IPs that I'd really enjoy seeing brought into modern gaming on PS5.

1. Dino Crisis:
 - Keep the suspense of the first.
 - Keep the action of the second.
 - Ignore the third.
 - Use an updated version of the RE engine to include raytracing.
 - Keep the same 3rd person perspective and controls from RE2/3 Remake
 - Keep Regina and Dylan
 - Mesh the first two games into one extending the story out for longer play time.
 - Include online co-op.

2. Ninja Turtles:
 - Make this dark and gritty.
 - Narrative driven with different perspectives depending on which Turtle you play as.
 - Realistic graphics with the same basic look from the 1990 movie.
 - Have most main enemies such as Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Metalhead, etc.
 - Allow 4 player co-op online a la arena mode with waves of enemies as well as side stories.
 - Have unlockable skins for different looks of the Turtles through time.
 - Have unlockable 8-16bit Ninja Turtles games that you can play via going to arcades in the open world a la Shenmue.

I could keep going on both of these but you guys get the picture.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 03:16:36 pm »
This is abit similar to my collection post, so I'll go with something different as to not rehash my previous ideas...I'd love a remake of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie in a nice bundle that includes Nuts & Bolts as a bonus.  I know there's the nice HD re-releases they did for the 360 and that Rare Replay, and I would be fine just getting that on Switch or even PC, but I would adore those two games getting the Crash Bandicoot treatment with some new bonuses added in and they should absolutely look like they do in Smash Bros as the new design is so good.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 11:04:07 pm »
Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 11:04:29 pm »
I'd love to see the older 3D GTA games remade in the RAGE engine. It would be really fun to play around in Vice City with updated graphics and controls.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 12:30:09 am »
Forgotten Worlds, Truxton 1 and 2, and Zero Tolerance

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 01:33:23 am »
The first one that comes to mind is Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
I'm sure I can come up with a lot more though...

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 02:25:06 am »
The Bouncer
- Get rid of the blurry Filters
- 4K/1080P Resolution
- FMVs Remastered
- Option to Press Start to continue on the loading screens so you have time to read all the flashback dialogue

Shadow of Memories
- 4K/1080P Resolution
- Voice Overs from the original PS2/Xbox/PC Version, not the PSP version.

Lost Odyssey

- A PlayStation release please :)

Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 HD
- Do it right this time...

Final  Fantasy VIII Remastered
- 4K/1080P Resolution
- Converted into Widescreen or option to stretch the image (Do it right this time...)

Also throwing in Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom simply I don't want that Platforming/Puzzle gem to be forgotten in history.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:00:41 am by vivigamer »

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 11:43:07 am »
I was fortunate to grow in the era where arcades reigned supreme, and while many of those games have made their way to consoles via collections and the like, there are some that were left in the dark and have yet to receive the same treatment. Of those games, I would like to see Alien vs. Predator, Progear, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Aliens, The Simpsons, and X-Men make a comeback. I know that the first two were included in the Capcom Home Arcade, but I'm still hesitant to get it, and the last two were available once but eventually removed from PSN and XBLA.

Other than those, a remake of Dino Crisis needs to happen already, and for me personally I wouldn't mind seeing one for Chrono Cross and/or Final Fantasy IX.

2. Ninja Turtles:
 - Realistic graphics with the same basic look from the 1990 movie.

Taking into account the first TMNT movie took many queues from the Mirage comics, a game based on that version of the Turtles would be mondo cool.

Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

There's definitely some really nice SNES titles that deserve a remake a la Trials of Mana.

I'd love to see the older 3D GTA games remade in the RAGE engine. It would be really fun to play around in Vice City with updated graphics and controls.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the first two remade from the ground up to make them fit the current mold of the series.

Forgotten Worlds

Yes, please.

Lost Odyssey

That game is pretty much the main reason I want to get a 360.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 12:34:31 pm »
That game is pretty much the main reason I want to get a 360.

Just want to point out that Lost Odyssey is a backwards compatible title and runs so, so, so much better on the later systems compared to the 360.

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 08:12:45 pm »
I would second a re-release of Fallout 3 and New Vegas! I would also love Bethesda to remaster The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Its a solid game but it is showing its age.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 09:33:32 pm »
To nobody's surprise seeing my display picture. A complete remake of the old tales series (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, etc.)  :D