Author Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy  (Read 1305 times)

desocietas

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:15:25 pm »
what is this i don't even

http://www.theatrhythm.com

stickers w/preorder!

Perhaps the least pronounceable portmanteau ever.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:18:25 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »
Yeah but it is fun...played it for only a few at PAX East, but watched people play it for a while.

Think a Final Fantasy game with battles like Gitaroo Man.

The people at the booth were pronouncing it like you were about to say Theatre and then added Rhythm to the end, btw.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »
Heh, I want to play it for sure - they are super cute, and I can't have enough giant-headed chocobos in my life.

Just an interesting trend with these chibi/doll characters what with Fable Heroes and such.

And Gitaroo Man!  I love that game even if it is frustrating later on.  Interested to see this one in action!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »
The people at the booth were pronouncing it like you were about to say Theatre and then added Rhythm to the end, btw.

Ya that's how I was thinking it was pronounced too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »

Ya that's how I was thinking it was pronounced too.

Still kinda odd to say though... Like... "thee-uh-der-rith-them"?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »
:o Preorder stickers!

No seriously. Even i can live without the stickers :p

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:55 pm »
Well, it's not just stickers, it's a customizable stylus!
Yeah, not too sure about this game... I kinda hope for the game to have a demo, I'm really not convinced from the videos I've seen.

amauriel

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
I'm super pumped for it...almost as much as I am for Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure.

But I'm a bad example, because I think rhythm games and the DS are chocolate and peanut butter (as in they are perfect for each other).

I've got Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan 1 and 2, and Band Bros., Band Bros. DX, AND the Band Bros. Request Selection for my original DS. (Note: If you've never heard of these, Elite Beat Agents was the only one released in the U.S., and Band Bros. was Jam with the Band in Europe. I have the original Japanese ones.)

And Theatrhythm comes out July 3, Rhythm Thief July 10, and then Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is July 31. Better start saving now, it seems.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 01:42:10 am »
I'm super pumped for it...almost as much as I am for Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure.

But I'm a bad example, because I think rhythm games and the DS are chocolate and peanut butter (as in they are perfect for each other).

I've got Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan 1 and 2, and Band Bros., Band Bros. DX, AND the Band Bros. Request Selection for my original DS. (Note: If you've never heard of these, Elite Beat Agents was the only one released in the U.S., and Band Bros. was Jam with the Band in Europe. I have the original Japanese ones.)

And Theatrhythm comes out July 3, Rhythm Thief July 10, and then Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is July 31. Better start saving now, it seems.

I'm still kicking myself for never buying Ouendan 1 when it was available for $25 on Amazon.  A friend had given me a giftcard to buy it, and I probably used it to buy something stupid instead.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas