Author Topic: Blaster Master NES - Round vs Oval Seal  (Read 3938 times)

matt

Blaster Master NES - Round vs Oval Seal
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »
Going through my collection tonight I noticed that my copy of Blaster Master has a round seal and not oval. We only had one listing which shows the oval seal so I've gone ahead and created the new entry for the round one. Funny thing is that my game has the oval seal.

Does anyone have a cart with a round seal?

darko

Re: Blaster Master NES - Round vs Oval Seal
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:01 pm »
I have both complete. I'll get you a pic.

FYI: the round seal is from '88, the oval is from '89 after Nintendo revised their logo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:05:58 pm by darko »

scott

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:18:17 pm »
What about the variation between the Round White seal and the Round Black seal? (I'm looking at Bubble Bobble right now, not Blaster Master)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
Since we are on the topic of variations, are we making separate entries for every single small variation?

Just look at this list for 2600: http://videogamevariations.com/AtariLabelList.pdf
Here is a ton of variations just for Space Invaders: http://videogamevariations.com/AtariCompanies/AtariGames/SpaceInvaders/space_invaders_cartridges.htm

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

darko

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »
The round seals came in a variety of colors. Black with white text, black with silver text, white with black text, etc. I don't think there's a distinct difference between the variations. I believe some games just had different color seals.

I uploaded a pic of the round seal cart of Blaster Master. It's not my best photoshopping so if it looks bad on the page I'll redo it. I don't have a scanner :/

soera

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:04:46 pm »
Variations to me are the same as multiple entries for the same item. Its silly fluff honestly. Can add all the info on the notes.

darko

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
Variations to me are the same as multiple entries for the same item. Its silly fluff honestly. Can add all the info on the notes.

I kind of agree but I don't intentionally collect variants so it doesn't really matter to me either way.

matt

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:54 pm »

I totally understand this but our goal is to have the largest, most accurate database and that calls for an individual entry for each variation. That way it'll satisfy those who care and those who don't, can simply ignore them.  We will eventually have a way to link these all together in some fashion but they will still each have their own unique page.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »
When in doubt, check NintendoAge. Their NES list is usually up to date. The other ones, not so much, they're still working on them as far as I know.

darko

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »
rfgeneration has a pretty large variant database as well.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:11 pm »
Has anyone looked at the NGD NES list?

here is the text version:
http://nationalgamedepot.zoomshare.com/files/Game_List/NGD_Text.txt

Site Link for full PDF and whatnot:
http://www.nationalgamedepot.zoomshare.com/1.html

scott

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »
Oooh that's an awesome list!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 10:24:10 pm »
It doesn't list every seal variant though, I guess to keep the file from being way too large.

For me its just a lot easier to glance through then having to search the NintendoAge DB every time I need info.

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:01 pm »
Sucks that it's not accurate as a price guide anymore... I'd love to be able to pay just 9$ for Adventure Island 3... Or 20$ for Little Samson >_<

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 10:35:28 pm »
Sucks that it's not accurate as a price guide anymore... I'd love to be able to pay just 9$ for Adventure Island 3... Or 20$ for Little Samson >_<

It just goes to show how bad ebay ruined the market and that I should have bought more games in 06 and 07!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:45:29 pm by pceslayer »