Author Topic: Jobocan  (Read 6638 times)

jobocan

Re: Jobocan
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 01:32:06 am »
Wait is that possible?

Not only is it possible, but it's never been this bad. Apparently liking JRPGs makes me a child rapist (I'm serious, they actually believe that), and liking games because of good gameplay rather than secondary stuff like graphics and story makes me "not a gamer", and liking Nintendo games makes me a 3 year-old, and saying that the Vita currently has a disappointing game library makes me a hater (even though I love the Vita and can't wait for it to start getting games)... I could go on for hours, the amount of outright dumb statements I see on there recently is off the charts.

Seriously, it seems like most of people on gamefaqs are fully intent on hating everyone who just likes playing games, if you're not blindly praising Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft (depending on which board you're on) or blindly hating Capcom/whoever is cool to hate right now that's not EA or Activision, you'll have people calling you a troll. You better not give your opinion on anything either, because you're also a troll if you like/dislike anything!

Doesn't help that the mods are even dumber than the average user. I'm totally serious, my account got suspended for a week last month because I marked someone for trolling, I have no clue how that happened.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:29 am »
That said, I'm loving this site so far and found it in jobocan's G*FAQS sig.

Yeah... Sorry about that...  :P
I've been kinda troll-y on gamefaqs recently... Not like I want to, but there's something weird going on where everyone on the site has become dumb or something.... I mean, dumber than usual :P

Nothing to be sorry for!

I totally agree w/ your current sentiments about G*FAQS, though.

I'm also a jrpg fan (...so yeah, I guess that I'm a pedophile on G*FAQS also;)

I think, that the PS3 board there is about as bad as it gets...I mean there's *SO* *Many* blatantly off-topic threads there (Example(s) = almost every thread becomes a Killak vs Astute/Alts argument)...

Yet, (2 out of my 3) threads about ps3 gamers w/ handicaps/disabilities immediately got modded & deleted...wtf?!

Yeah, I'm (darkrpger aka the guy that lost his left hand/wrist to an amputation a few years ago there).

I do have to say though, that there is (*ONLY*) one board/community there where I really do like the discussions/members and about the only one I still bother visiting/posting on and that's the "RPG's: Everything Else" board.

Yeah...there's 1 or 2 jerks there, too (but, for  a Gamefaqs board w/ ~ 100 "regulars"...that's pretty damned awesome!

Also, by it's nature, no one system/producer/developer there is 'worshipped' by any fanboys of any type...'cause we are all just rpg fans (doesn't matter what you play 'em on;).

In fact, the majority there (including myself) are gamers & rpg'ers since the 2600 came out...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:15 am »
That said, I'm loving this site so far and found it in jobocan's G*FAQS sig.
In fact, the majority there (including myself) are gamers & rpg'ers since the 2600 came out...
if you like old rpg's check out the quest for the rings for the odyssey 2 its part bored game part video game.
i don't have yet because finding one with all the pieces vary difficult and costly .
what do you guys think of this game going by how it looks

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:12:50 am by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 11:25:09 am »
For some reason, that shot of it is reminding me of Robotron... :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

amauriel

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »
I've actually got this game but some of the pieces are still in the little plastic baggies so I've never actually played it.

I've got The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt, and all its pieces are in the original, unopened baggies as well. (Got them from the same guy.) Should probably try to track down other copies so I can actually play them, but I figure they are sorta pricey.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »
I've actually got this game but some of the pieces are still in the little plastic baggies so I've never actually played it.

I've got The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt, and all its pieces are in the original, unopened baggies as well. (Got them from the same guy.) Should probably try to track down other copies so I can actually play them, but I figure they are sorta pricey.
I have a bunch of Quest for the Ring game pieces around somewhere.