Author Topic: Can you help me choose my next game to play?  (Read 3890 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Can you help me choose my next game to play?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 01:07:04 pm »
Pretty much any version of Symphony is good. The Xbox 360 version did remove a few things, but nothing drastic. Of course, if you want to see the intro and ending videos you'll have to play the psx version

IIRC, if you pop the PS1 version of SotN into a CD player...wasn't there a song or 2 or some dialogue or something that would play on it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:21 pm »
I just started playing SotN ... I really like it. Its unique and pretty interesting to play. I can imagine its pretty easy to get lost however. The world appears to be massive as hell.

scott

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 02:19:23 pm »
Pretty much any version of Symphony is good. The Xbox 360 version did remove a few things, but nothing drastic. Of course, if you want to see the intro and ending videos you'll have to play the psx version

IIRC, if you pop the PS1 version of SotN into a CD player...wasn't there a song or 2 or some dialogue or something that would play on it?

Yup, if you pop it into the CD player there is a track on it with a bonus song and a warning from Alucard telling you it is a PlayStation black disc.

Also if you do the same with the Saturn version into a CD player, the same song plays with Alucard's Japanese voice actor warning you about it being a Saturn disc.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »

Yup, if you pop it into the CD player there is a track on it with a bonus song and a warning from Alucard telling you it is a PlayStation black disc.

Also if you do the same with the Saturn version into a CD player, the same song plays with Alucard's Japanese voice actor warning you about it being a Saturn disc.

I wonder if all of that would work with modern CD players. I've recently heard that if a regular CD has a track hidden before a track (like you have to let a track start and then reverse to access the hidden one), that is no longer supported in the standards of CD players, and those tracks are no longer accessible unless you rip the CD to a digital format and pull it out of the data (or just get an old CD player).
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 03:38:29 pm »
I've put both into my laptop and my CD player and they work. Also you can play them via either the Saturn or PSX music players.  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 10:07:01 am »
Uses Pheonix Down on thread...

soera

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
Who needs the input? :)

If its a classic game, FF VI or VII are top recommendations as is Super Metroid and Zelda Link to the past.

If its a modern game, any of the God of War games is pretty fun. Ni no Kuni obviously if you have it.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »
soul reaver gets my vote

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »
You never played Link to the Past? What?
Yeah, play that.

Yep, this. It's a gaming masterpiece that should be played by any gamer that likes Nintendo, Zelda, or 2D gaming. Just an incredible experience that has fantastic game design and great polish.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
IMHO - I'd think that anyone here who has yet to play (prioritized by "the lower the number = the more importance to play"):

(1).  Shadow Hearts (PS2 game),
(2).  Shadow Hearts: Covenant (also a PS2 game)...*NOTE* Only prioritized this way due to story & character continuity & overlap; as, IMHO, Covenant is the better game:)
(3).  Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land (IMHO)...the *BEST* Dungeon-Crawler on the PS2,
(4).  Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (I *believe* that it may be called SMT: Lucifer's Call in other regions),
(5).  SMT: Persona 3,
(6).  SMT: Persona 4, and
(7).  Dragon Quest VII: Journey of the Cursed King...

...*SHOULD* play these games (in this order) ASAP  ;D

It's *MY* short, "Top 7" List of RPG-recommendations for the PS2; every time  8)

darko

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 10:49:12 am »
I'm pretty close to finishing KOTOR, and I'm really torn on what to play next, but I'll stick by majority.

Keep in mind I have not played any of the games on this list.

XBox - Knights of the Old Republic 2
PS2 - Final Fantasy X
Xbox 360 - Bioshock 2
PS1 - Final Fantasy VIII
Dreamcast - Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
N64 - Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
SNES - Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past

Or, check out my collection and write in a vote... because much of it I haven't played.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 - I've never played it but I've heard that it's not nearly as good as the first one.

Final Fantasy X - This is a good game. I personally like XII better but it's worth a play. The story is cool. Keep in mind that soera has horrible taste in movies and FF games.

Bioshock 2 - Never played it.

Final Fantasy VIII - The first FF game I ever played. I really like it but maybe it's just nostalgia. It's not too difficult.

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver - This is a great game.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - A very good game (as part of the LoZ series or otherwise). I can't really get behind all of the love for this game, but I get why there is so much out there. I liked Wind Waker better than OoT  :)

Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past - Hands down the best LoZ game ever. Play this! If you can't sit down for long periods of time just play through a level per night (well, maybe 2/night for the first few since they're pretty easy).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:52:50 am by darko »

scott

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 10:57:02 am »
KoToR 2 is best played on the PC with the fan made content fix patch, which adds in the removed story content that was left non implemented , but on disc. Since they rushed its release.

theflea

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 05:41:13 pm »
If you haven't played Link to the Past then you need to play that one asap.
But sense you just got finished with KOTOR, I'd go with KOTOR2.
unless you want to play something different then go with Link to the Past.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »
I liked Wind Waker better than OoT  :)
I have tried many times to play Wind Waker but I just don't like it.  I think it is the sailing that makes me not like it so much.  I just get bored with it when I can play Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, and Adventure of Link for hours without ever getting bored.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

darko

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »
I liked Wind Waker better than OoT  :)
I have tried many times to play Wind Waker but I just don't like it.  I think it is the sailing that makes me not like it so much.  I just get bored with it when I can play Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, and Adventure of Link for hours without ever getting bored.

Yes, the sailing can get tedious. I just really, really liked the story...especially towards the end on the game. I won't spoil it but if anyone else has beat it they'll know what I'm talking about. I was kind of like...oh shit...I've been over what this entire time???