Author Topic: Your top 5 favorite items in your collection  (Read 3469 times)

scott

Re: Your top 5 favorite items in your collection
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 08:13:32 pm »
Those are pretty cool. But I'm attached to my 13" TV from when I was a kid.  just wish I had room to hook it back up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 02:08:25 am »
Seeing as 2 of my grails are in the mail right now, I can't really make this list. Once they get here, you can be sure I will made a smecksy list of Final Fantasy games ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 08:34:02 am »

What, exactly, is a "GX TV"?

I don't think that I'm familiar w/ that name/term...

http://www.retrothing.com/2009/06/samsung-tv-opens-its-doors-to-retro-gaming.html

For its time,
I feel inclined,
to say it's Fine!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »
1 Atari 2600. Long story short, My best freind and I were aloways at each others house and taking our consoles with us.  He had an N64 and I had a PSX.  We were looking for some stuf in the closet one day when a box with that system and about 50 games comes crashing down on my head.  We spent more time playing the 2600 then we did the newer consoles.  They game me that system not too long ago.  It's the one thing that will NEVER leave my collection.

2 Playstation.  My parents bought it for me on my birthday.  It has been completely doused in water twice, thanks to a leak that sprang in the roof during some heavy rains.  The disc spindle is literally held together with epoxy because it fell apart and you know what I can plug it it and it fires up no problems.  It has had the hell played out of it, and still no problems.  Minus having the spindle come out with the disc one day and ball bearings going everywhere. 

I'll edit this when I can come up with 3 more.  :-\

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 03:46:18 pm »
1.  Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - Playstation
I'm almost surprised at myself all these years later that I actually bought this, since I seem to pass up most of the cool, limited edition stuff.  Anyway, the awesome art box sold me and I love all the goodies to death.  Oh, and the game is still in my top 5 RPGs I've ever played.  So there's always that.

2.  My launch day Sega Dreamcast. 
No particular reason, just nostalgia.  I'm... not even sure which of my 2 Dreamcasts is the launch day one.  I rented a Dreamcast at Hollywood video a month or so before its launch on 9.9.99 and I can honestly say I've never before nor since been more excited for a console launch.

3.  Tommy Tallarico's "Games Greatest Hits Vol. II" autographed. 
Now, I realize everyone and their mother has a copy of this from Video Games Live, but I've had mine since the mid 90's when I ordered it direct from his studio.  I didn't expect it to come autographed to me personally, so that was a nice touch!  I'd say it was my first videogame soundtrack, but I think Killer Kuts might have been first.

4.  Persona 3 main character Kotobukiya 1/10 scale vinyl figure.  A friend picked this up at Universal CityWalk and asked if I wanted to buy it from him for what he paid for it.  I hesitated to pay that $60 back in 2008, but now the figure seems to be going for an outrageous price, if you can even find it..

5.  My Sonic 2 "Are you up 2 it?" pre-order t-shirt.  I wore this a bunch when I got it, then decided to retire it to keep as a collectible.  It's not in great condition, but I still love it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:47:49 pm by monochrome »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:49 pm »
Yeah...whatever else you might say about Working Designs...they damn sure knew how to put together some Awesome LE's

(I think that their LE's for both the 1st & 2nd PS1 LUNAR games were fantastic)!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"