Author Topic: Big Category changes  (Read 1269 times)

tripredacus

Re: Big Category changes
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2023, 10:24:02 am »
Created Miscellaneous sub-cat in Merch for Merch that does not fit into any of the other categories.

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 11:47:57 am »
As part of the "Big Category Changes:
Can we have a "Nintendo Virtual Boy" main category with the following sub categories?
"Nintendo Virtual Boy Consoles" renamed from "Virtual Boy Consoles"https://vgcollect.com/browse/vbhardware Note: This currently contains both Consoles and Accessories.
"Nintendo Virtual Boy Accessory" a new subcategory
"Nintendo Virtual Boy [JP]" renamed from "Virtual Boy [JP]" https://vgcollect.com/browse/virtualboyjp
"Nintendo Virtual Boy [NA]" renamed from "Virtual Boy [NA]" https://vgcollect.com/browse/virtualboy

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2023, 11:54:07 am »
Currently no changes are to be made (including comformity of naming) regarding the big categories for Sega, Nintendo, Xbox or Playstation sections. That comes from the top.

Virtual Boy Accessory sub-cat has been created

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 12:15:11 pm »
Currently no changes are to be made (including conformity of naming) regarding the big categories for Sega, Nintendo, Xbox or Playstation sections. That comes from the top.

Virtual Boy Accessory sub-cat has been created
Thanks for the Virtual Boy Accessory sub-cat :), I understand.

Currently the "Nintendo Virtual Boy" is an oddity on the site, as it seems to be the only "Nintendo Console" that uses removable media, without it's own category.

I hope sometime in the future, when the people at the top think it is appropriate, the "Nintendo Virtual Boy" can have it's own category like all the other Nintendo Consoles.

dhaabi

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 01:53:14 pm »
Created Miscellaneous sub-cat in Merch for Merch that does not fit into any of the other categories.

850+ relevant items moved from Toys to Miscellaneous.

Item types moved to Miscellaneous:
- badges, patches, pins
- commemorative coins
- key rings/keychains
- limited edition "game" items
- personal accessories: jewelry, lanyard, wallet, watch, etc.
- playing cards
- stationery: calendar, notepad, pen, stickers, etc.
- general miscellaneous: air freshener, holiday ornament, live concert ticket, snowboard, etc.

Item types remaining in Toys:
- board games, card games, puzzles
- construction sets, model kits
- electronic toys
- figurines
- plush
- statues

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 12:15:19 pm »
Hello, as part of the "Big Category Changes" under "OUYA" can we get a "OUYA Accessory" category?

Then, I could move the following item(s) be into the "OUYA Accessory" category.
OUYA Wireless Controller https://vgcollect.com/item/43412

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 01:46:24 pm »
I will add that to my list.

Do not use this thread for category requests. Make requests at the regular thread.
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10192.0.html

tripredacus

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2024, 12:11:24 pm »
Some smallish changes worth mentioning.

Philips Accessory/Console changed back to CD-i Accessory/Console. This had to be done because Philips and Magnavox both have various consoles in different families. As a result, Philips in2it gets its Console category back, and made new one for Philips Tele-Game Consoles. Unlike in2it, the Tele-Game has many different console released but it seems we only have 1 entry made so far.

Magnavox Odyssey/2 merged into one, but as previously mentioned, we can't have a Magnavox named cat for Accessory/Console, so it has been changed to Odyssey. Now all Odyssey consoles go into one place, which (apprently) includes their dedicated consoles which were already in the old Odyssey 1 section.

And I'd like to point out that currently because we have some categories for Computers and they are labelled to a manufacturer, technically it is allowed to make entries for x86/compatible systems in there. I think there is already a couple in the Commodore section. Eventually I will make a dedicated section for x86/IBM Compatibles and this is for a couple of reasons:
1. We already allowed computers that were micros
2. We already had a section for Apple II computers
3. We already had sections for other computers where gaming is not their primary function or reason for existing (let us not forget that Clive Sinclair hated the fact that the ZX Spectrum became known as a gaming computer when he made it for business)
4. All of the above was already in-place in the db before I came aboard.

So it is only my list (in the far future) to add the other mainstays of computing, IBM compatibles and Mac but not CP/M, Unix or Terminal systems (despite the fact the original video games ran on mainframes). So you won't be able to put a Cray onto your wishlist anytime soon. But if we are lucky, perhaps we can expand into PDAs or those types of portables since we now track PalmOS and PocketPC games. And perhaps even after that we can think about adding mobile phone categories.

These last few parts are all on my list, but my list if very large so no promises on a timetable. ;)