Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core(s)???  (Read 1532 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core(s)???
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:08:13 pm »
Okay, I was adding some more games today & decided to deal w/ my PSP games (since there's not very many of 'em).

Also, I remembered reading about one of the 'regular' posters here talking about collecting a lot of/knowing a good bit about the Final Fantasy series/games...

Well!

I just got stumped (on, of course, what I was certain would be a quick, simple, and easy entry...Crisis Core -FF VII-.

I had no problem finding the 'regular' & 'Greatest-Hits' entries for it.
And, as usual, the picture of the GH version showed the top part of the case in red/maroon; whatever -and- it clearly said "Greatest-Hits" there.

Also, to simplify matters even more, the ULUS of the GH version enen ended in...a "GH".

Well, I ended up making a new entry because *MY* version, instead of having the 'standard' GH color & Logo...
...had nothing but a very thin, yellow stripe across the top-front of the case with the word..."Favorites" in the stripe.

Also, I noticed that *MY* ULUS (instead of ending in a "GH" like the GH versions do)...ended with an "FV"...which I'm *guessing* must mean "Favorites-Version"???

Looking ahead a bit, I see that it's the *Exact* same case w/ my PSP copy of FF Tactics: TWotL.

Can someone please explain this to me - does this mean that my copies were just part of a different bundle/promotion?

Thanks-
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

madmax

Re: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core(s)???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:05:02 am »
That would be me.

The favorites releases was for the 20th anniversary. They did it for the ff and ffii re releases on psp. I was not aware that they did it for crisis core. is it a sticker on the case or is it actually part of the art?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:47 am »
That would be me.

The favorites releases was for the 20th anniversary. They did it for the ff and ffii re releases on psp. I was not aware that they did it for crisis core. is it a sticker on the case or is it actually part of the art?

Thanks for answering!

Aah...an "Anniversary" edition would indeed explain the different versions and the "GH" vs "FV" suffixes.

It is *NOT* a sticker.

I actually just now checked the rest (few) of my other PSP FF games and both my Crisis Core and my FF Tactics: The War of the Lions have the "FV" suffix and, I'd say about a 1/4" yellow stripe across the top ( w/ "Favorites" printed in the yellow bar) of the case (*right* under where the black PSP Logo/Stripe ends).

I was thinking that it may have just been printed on the plastic/seal itself (since my Crisis Core is still sealed), but my FF: Tactics: TWotL is *not* still sealed and it has the same yellow "favorites" bar across the top of its case.

Strangely, My PSP FF I game does *not* have the "FV" prefix or the stripe (...so, there must be multiple versions of the PSP FF I release as well) - as mine's not a "GH" version either...just a plain/vanilla version of FF I.

My only other PSP FF game (FF IV w/ "After Years" version) also is a plain/vanilla (non "GH" or "FV") version.

So...do these versions (w/ the same bar-code numbers...but different suffixes) warrant having their own & separate entry...or just be listed as/under the GH versions?

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:45 am »
Gotta love variations!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:32:27 pm »
Gotta love variations!

HaHa!

Yeah...*especially* when they're variations that you didn't even know about/expect :P

So...if the barcode #'s and the SLUS/ULUS #'S are all the exact same...and the only difference is something like a "GH" or "FV" suffix...should we have/do you want separate & individual listings for each one (...or just include things like "favorites" & "Greatest-Hits" together)?

@ madmax:

Do you know if those "Anniversary" / "Favorites" - versions were supposed to have had any additional/different content in the games themselves...or were they supposed to have come w/ an OST or art-book or something while they were for sale?

darko

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »
Gotta love variations!

No...no you don't.

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 04:45:46 pm »
I second that notion ... variations are evil!

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 04:49:53 pm »
I second that notion ... variations are evil!
Only if you choose to collect them, I don't mind them since they don't affect me any.

madmax

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:34:01 am »
The favorites were just promotional rereleases.

They are a bit like a GH version to be honest.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:16:38 am »
The favorites were just promotional rereleases.

They are a bit like a GH version to be honest.

Figured as much...which is why I'll be perfectly fine just adding them as the GH versions - and making a "favorites" notation in my notes.