Author Topic: Couple of thoughts  (Read 1037 times)

jcalder8

Couple of thoughts
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:09:06 am »
I don't know how easy it would be to add but I wish you could search for parts of the title. What I mean is if you search for "super 3" that it would return Super Mario Bros 3. I know there have been a couple of times this would have helped me.

Also what if to help fight duplicate listings the site told you there was already a game with the same name listed for that system and then you had to click ok to add it anyway.

Re: Couple of thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:42:49 am »
I don't know how easy it would be to add but I wish you could search for parts of the title. What I mean is if you search for "super 3" that it would return Super Mario Bros 3. I know there have been a couple of times this would have helped me.

Also what if to help fight duplicate listings the site told you there was already a game with the same name listed for that system and then you had to click ok to add it anyway.

I actually have a new search engine in the works that'll cover this. It'll allow you to search for "mario 3 nes" and a ton of other variations. More news on this soon. It's been long overdue.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:44 am »

I *especially* like the 2nd half of of this.

Probably, because I think that I may be 'guilty' of contributing a "duplicate" entry (for Pokemon Platinum Version on the DS  :(

I think it would be great if, instead of having to worry so much about "the" coming after the title...and...the strict structure of what & when hyphens/colons get used as well as what parts of the title are hyphenated as opposed to following the colon...

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that, I think, if you enter a search for "FF VII" (or as "FF 7" or as "FF Seven")...instead of presenting you with a long list (which seems to include a lot of over-kill)...that it would bring you to a drop-down screen listing *ONLY* the versions of FF 7 that are currently in the database here.

Also, if possible...next to each entry listed...have the "SLUS" "ULUS", etc number (w/ prefixes/suffixes) listed next to them to make it much easier to tell if the one you're looking at matches-up to one of the versions already entered here.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:37 pm »
Probably, because I think that I may be 'guilty' of contributing a "duplicate" entry (for Pokemon Platinum Version on the DS  :(
If this happens, then don't add the game to your collection and contact a me so I convert the dupe to a new entry.

If someone's already got the game then I just merge it into the original one.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »

I actually have a new search engine in the works that'll cover this. It'll allow you to search for "mario 3 nes" and a ton of other variations. More news on this soon. It's been long overdue.
Great! I can't wait to check it out.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 01:14:22 pm »
If this happens, then don't add the game to your collection and contact a me so I convert the dupe to a new entry.

If someone's already got the game then I just merge it into the original one.

Sent you a pm w/ some questions...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"