Author Topic: What a Find!!!  (Read 649 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

What a Find!!!
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:03:32 pm »
So, is anyone else here either:

(A).  From Jersey

(B).  In a bordering state/...at all close to South-Eastern N.J. (Atlantic City area) or

(C).  Have relatives in, ever visit, or vacation anywhere in Jersey/the different Jersey beaches/shore?

Just wondering because (about a year ago) I came across a game store there (strictly owned & operated by the owner & his wife)...and for gamers-in-general, collectors, and players /collectors of Retro-Games...this (admittedly small store - in an admittedly seedy neighborhood)...is...JUST...FREAKIN'...FANTASTIC!

Not only does be buy/sell/trade games & handhelds/consoles for more modern games 'n' systems...but...I'd estimate that 90% of what he does/deals with there is repairing & modding older systems, buying/selling of games of all kinds for all kinds of systems...

...*BUT*... AND THIS, TO ME,IS THE KICKER...more than half of the games he sells (of which there are thousands) are PS1-Gen...AND BACK...AND

...*UNBELIEVABLY...I'd say, that 25% to 50% of these (PS1-gen, and back) games are*STILL FACTORY-SEALED*!

Anyhow, just thought that I'd pass this info. on (although, I'm pretty sure that I don't remember seeing/reading that anyone else here is from NJ).

If interested...I *Could* pass-on the name, address, and phone # of the store...*EDIT*actually...I will just go ahead & follow the next poster's good suggestion & list the pertinent details here (in case anyone wants to contact the store by phone/ask for lists of the store's inventory), etc.

Game City

3727 Ventnor Avenue,

Atlantic City, N.J. 08401

(609) 449-1400

*BUT* - AND HEAR THIS WELL!!!

I've only ever done business w/ him & her face-to-face (in store)...and I DO NOT know him well enough to make any claims or vouches for his practices (if he even does this) concerning buying/ordering from him on-line.

Just thought that I'd spread the knowledge.

*CAVEAT EMPTOR*...and all of that :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:56:28 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Re: What a Find!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:24 am »
Thanks for the info. Good find. I'm sure someone down the line will make use of this post. :)

Perhaps go ahead and post the info (preferably edit your first with said info for contact) in case someone needs a game relatively fast and that don't want to wait for a reply or otherwise.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What a Find!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:57:27 pm »
Thanks for the info. Good find. I'm sure someone down the line will make use of this post. :)

Perhaps go ahead and post the info (preferably edit your first with said info for contact) in case someone needs a game relatively fast and that don't want to wait for a reply or otherwise.

Good idea...and...Done :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"