Author Topic: Capcom Next - July 1st, 2024  (Read 107 times)

telekill

Capcom Next - July 1st, 2024
« on: June 27, 2024, 09:46:46 am »
Finally! We have some potential with at least one interesting game confirmed... regardless that it's a remaster.

Capcom Next will give us an update on what Capcom is currently working on and they already announced a remake of Dead Rising, which I enjoyed back in the day and would revisit as I don't have it anymore. It's said that we'll get more info on that game, and I'm sure there'll be some odd random stuff like RE7 on iOS *vomits.

Capcom has an incredible amount of potential given their history and the dormant IPs they could revive. After their recent survey, Dino Crisis was a top contender, and while way early to show anything as it's only been a month or so, they could confirm they are listening to fans. I won't hold my breath.

Potential to actually be announced:
 - Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake
 - Resident Evil Zero Remake
 - Resident Evil Remake Remake (release for 30th anniversary in 2026?)

Hoping to see announced:
 - Dino Crisis Remake
 - Bionic Commando Rearmed port
 - Ducktales Remastered port
 - Onimusha remaster/remake
 - Lost Planet remake

Lots of potential, but we'll see what we get. Don't get your expectations too high. Here are the times the show starts... July 1st.

North America: 3pm PDT / 4pm MDT / 5pm CDT / 6pm EDT
UK/Ire: 11pm BST
Europe: 12am (Tue) CEST / 1am (Tue) EEST
Asia/Oceania: 7am (Tue) JST / 6am (Tue) AWST / 8am (Tue) AEST

dhaabi

Re: Capcom Next - July 1st, 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 10:57:03 am »
Hoping to see announced:
 - Dino Crisis Remake

I know that you have issues with how Resident Evil moved away from third-person to first-person, so how would this hypothetical situation be any different? Dino Crisis seems considerably more action-focused on a general level than Resident Evil, so shifting the camera perspective seems like the inevitable since it allows for a more immersive experience, should a project come to fruition. At the same time, if Capcom does have any interest in revisiting Dino Crisis, they could easily reboot the franchise just like how Resident Evil 7: Biohazard did, which may be the better choice, if done right.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 12:17:20 pm »
I know that you have issues with how Resident Evil moved away from third-person to first-person, so how would this hypothetical situation be any different? Dino Crisis seems considerably more action-focused on a general level than Resident Evil, so shifting the camera perspective seems like the inevitable since it allows for a more immersive experience, should a project come to fruition. At the same time, if Capcom does have any interest in revisiting Dino Crisis, they could easily reboot the franchise just like how Resident Evil 7: Biohazard did, which may be the better choice, if done right.

Oh. I'd be pissed. No doubt about that. That said, I'm hoping that Capcom learned, with the apparent inclusion of a 3rd person perspective added to RE8 in a patch, that the fans at least want a choice.

Will Capcom make a Dino Crisis remake? 50/50 at this point.
If they do a remake, it's FAR more likely they'd have the 3rd person perspective as it's a remake... not a reboot.

If they reboot the series, then God knows what they'll do with it.

Best case scenario...
 - Remake the DC1 using RE Engine
 - Keep 3rd person perspective
 - Keep the suspense of the original
 - Expand on the areas/enemies for more variation.
 - Expand a little on the story.
 - Keep the characters original look.

Wishful thinking...
 - Use the above
 - Add the action of the second.
 - Ignore the third.
 - Perhaps add in online co-op
 - Add outfit variations like the originals
 - Keep Operation Wipeout
 - Add other co-op modes like horde or arena.

For me to be happy... all it takes is the first set. Remake the game with better visuals and minor quality of life improvements. That's it. Bare bones. But... even for the project to get off the ground...? Like I said... 50/50 and I have zero faith in modern gaming companies... even the ones that used to be incredible.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 03:02:17 pm »
Pretty sure this event was confirmed to be only about 3 games, which was the Dead Rising Remaster, the RE7 Mobile release, and that other game Path of the Goddess which was an action game.  It's also pretty short, so probably not much else.

Also if they ever remake Dino Crisis, it's guaranteed to be like what they did with Resident Evil.  It's a successful formula that more people enjoy.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 03:13:05 pm »
Pretty sure this event was confirmed to be only about 3 games, which was the Dead Rising Remaster, the RE7 Mobile release, and that other game Path of the Goddess which was an action game.  It's also pretty short, so probably not much else.

Also if they ever remake Dino Crisis, it's guaranteed to be like what they did with Resident Evil.  It's a successful formula that more people enjoy.

If it's only the three games then there's nothing really to discuss and no reason for Capcom to have a livestream. That just seems like a complete waste. I wouldn't put it past them, but that's a lot of money to throw out there for a half-assed presentation. There has to be something else.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 03:29:40 pm »

If it's only the three games then there's nothing really to discuss and no reason for Capcom to have a livestream. That just seems like a complete waste. I wouldn't put it past them, but that's a lot of money to throw out there for a half-assed presentation. There has to be something else.

They get to show off three games, two of which are new, I mean, seems like enough of a reason to have a stream lol Regular small streams like this is probably a good thing, lets them put a small spotlight on games that might not get to shine as much at big event reveals.

If they were going to announce something of any note, they would've done so earlier this month or they'd wait for something like Gamescom or the Tokyo Game Show, or if it's fighting game related, they can do EVO.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2024, 08:32:06 pm »
As long as a new RE Remake gets announced, I'll be very happy. A CV remake is on the top of my wishlist, but I'd be almost just as excited for a remake of the first game. I'd still be very interested, but I'd be way less enthusiastic if they remade RE5. I guess if I had some probably not going to happen announcement, a new Mega Man X done in the same style as the first 6 X games would also get me very hyped.