Author Topic: Your hall of shame  (Read 2638 times)

foxhack

Your hall of shame
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:40:13 pm »
We're all collectors here, right? We all have some good stuff, and um, some not very good stuff.

Well. What kind of items do you own that you're not particularly proud of? For me, it's the following:

Backyard Wrestling Exposed
50 Cent: Bulletproof Preorder Concert DVD

I am honestly not proud that I paid more than one dollar combined for these. And yet...

What's your shame?

jcalder8

Re: Your hall of shame
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
At least yours are somewhat collectable foxhack, these are just embarrassing games!

Britney's Dance Beat My wife bought it but it's still touching my other games!
Puppy Luv: Spa & Resort Came in a package with 2 other games but I'm still ashamed.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:18:19 am »
My wife bought me a case lot sale and it had Barbie. I guess it will be cool to pass on to my daughter one day, so I have that going for me.

http://vgcollect.com/item/5423

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:56:11 am »
My wife bought me a case lot sale and it had Barbie. I guess it will be cool to pass on to my daughter one day, so I have that going for me.

I remember playing that game when I was a little girl... please don't force your daughter through the same torture.  Give her Mario or something.  ;)

I don't have any particularly embarrassing games, though I have some generally 'bad' games.  However, my roommate did get a Powerpuff Girls games from a friend a while back... I was never sure why, but it stays nice and hidden behind his other games. xD
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

soera

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:45 am »
Im embarrassed to say I have a few things that start with "Xbox". It scares the rest of the stuff in my game room thinking they could also contract the ring of death disease.

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:07:17 am »
my hall of shame

paws & claws pet vet (i do not know why i have this game also the tutorial is so bad it makes you think you need a veterinary degree to play this thing)

cruis'n (it a bad game but for some reason i find it fun to play)

spongebob squarepants: ocp (bad and vary difficult mini games = not so fun gameplay )
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:10:21 am by htimreimer »

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:51:23 am »

I remember playing that game when I was a little girl... please don't force your daughter through the same torture.  Give her Mario or something.  ;)

I don't have any particularly embarrassing games, though I have some generally 'bad' games.  However, my roommate did get a Powerpuff Girls games from a friend a while back... I was never sure why, but it stays nice and hidden behind his other games. xD

Ha, no I won't force her to play it. I do want to give her my collection one day, if she wants it. My wife and I are pretty much super nerds so she is immersed in our nerdery. DFTBA. 

scott

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 12:11:06 pm »
Sprung. http://vgcollect.com/item/3267

At one point I was buying any complete DS games I could find that were 5 or less. I only paid 3 I think, but still its one of the few games I feel ashamed about owning (its not even listed on my collection yet either).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 04:40:52 pm »
I have Barbie on both NES and GB. :|

blipcs76

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 07:57:14 pm »
I've got plenty of shame.  Sesame Street and Fisher Price games on the NES, Barney and Shaq-Fu on the Genesis, etc.  I'll often pick up non-sports and non-kid stuff even if it's garbage if I can get it cheap enough.  That's how I ended up with Celebrity Deathmatch and Austin Powers Pinball.

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »
A lot of my favorite games are ones that people would consider "shame games". I see no problem with them.

I've got Barbie for the NES, and it was one of the first games I finished. Looking back, it's bad because of the gameplay, not the subject.

I collect Harvest Moon games. When I say I have over 20 different Harvest Moons, it's pretty hard to be embarrassed about other games, I guess.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:09 am »
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.  Maybe this is a different kind of shame.

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:49 am »
As long as the game is good I don't see any shame in owning/playing it.  These three however, the dog won't even bury in the back yard.

Where's Waldo NES
E.T. 2600
Pac-Man 2600

I didn't buy them individually they happen to come with some game lots I bought. 

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.  Maybe this is a different kind of shame.

At least it isn't The Guy Game.

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:07:47 am »
I have heard that the gameplay is very good at least.

atariboy

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 10:14:04 am »
I guess mine would be BMX XXX. Just a bad game all the way around.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw