Author Topic: goals  (Read 1710 times)

htimreimer

goals
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:28 am »
do you have any collection goals??

my collection goals

get all my childhood games
get all the games for the odyssey 2
get all the christian video games (i got this idea after finding my copy of captain bible)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: goals
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:02 am »
Not that I've been actively pursuing it, or anything - but, I've always had a half-assed, in-the-back-of-my-mind idea of collecting all PS1, PS2, and PS3 NA RPG's...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:27:56 am »
I have a few goals. One (which I reached finally) was to complete the NA DW/DQ series. Two : A complete NTSC cart only NES collection. Three : PS1 complete RPG library. Four : All the RPGs from the other systems I actually like.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:03 am »
My goal is to get the entire Fatal Fury Series on the Neo Geo, they're actually not too overpriced except for Mark of the Wolves

madmax

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »
Complete US release CIB of Final Fantasy games

Slowly getting there. I've been derping around a little lately.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:23:31 am by madmax »

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »
Goals? None really. Having lots of games, I guess :P

There's some specific games I want like Little Samson, but I won't be unhappy if I never get them.

scott

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:58:54 am »
I guess my goals would be something along the lines of:

Complete CIB US Castlevania set, including variants.
Complete CIB US Saturn set, not including variants, but including bundled versions of games. (3D pad Nights, Stunner bundle Virtual Cop 1 & 2)
Complete loose US Game Boy set & one of each version of Game Boy console. (Just need a Play it Loud GB and the console set is as good to go as I care) the Game Boy set is far back burner tho, and I only pick up GB games if I see ones I don't have that are cheap, or games I really want to play.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:29:09 am »
I would love to follow in soera's steps and have a DW/DQ complete set, which I have started up again.
I want to get a complete Xbox 360 collection but that's going to take a long time.
Buy as many games as my wife will let me.

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 05:09:46 pm »
 - Get all the Harvest Moon NA releases -- getting crazy close, too. As soon as I score Back to Nature I'll probably cave and order the rest.

- Get all the Megami Tensei games -- this one I'm not even halfway through on...so it's a long-term goal to keep me busy for a while.

- Get all the openly commercially available Gameboy variants (currently not collecting the ones that were only sold in one store and for a brief time, like the Pokemon Center GBA SPs, but am getting the ones that were editions limited to just Toys R Us or whatever). Getting close on the Game Boy Pockets, only missing green, clear, and clear purple (was Japan only but was very common there and I already got the pink one, hehe). Fairly close on the Game Boy Colors too, I think I'm really only missing the Tommy Hilfiger one that was sold at Elder Beerman and Dandelion. There aren't nearly as many of those. The others, however, I'm not even close on yet.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

forte

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:06 pm »
CIB Mega Man (all series) NTSC Collection - done, just rounding up greatest hits versions
Complete US Neo Geo Pocket Color Collection - still have a few carts to get, will eventually go for CIB but just content to try and get them all right now

darko

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:28 pm »
The only real goal I've ever had was to re-collect the only games I ever sold as a kid. I'm pretty close. I think all I really lack is a solid Batman (NES) box and manual.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »
All video game consoles released in North America.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »
For me it's a CIB US Sega Saturn library and I'm slowing working on all Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre games (all regions).  I've pretty much just got commons to track down for the Saturn and some rare variations/hardware.