Author Topic: Reproductions and what not.  (Read 1048 times)

soera

Reproductions and what not.
« on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:43 pm »
I was curious if those are going to be cataloged. I dont mean the 132904810294812 in 1 games ... but I have http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=67379

Just wondering if something like that would be added to the datebase.

jcalder8

Re: Reproductions and what not.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48:37 pm »
I would call it homebrew. I have a couple of fan made releases and that is how I listed them.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:58:34 am »
I'm not a fan of repro carts. I'd call them pirates. That's what they are and no amount of words will change that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:01:22 am by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:22 am »
I'm not a fan of repro carts. I'd call them pirates. That's what they are and no amount of words will change that.

Agree 100%
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:04 am »
I agree that I would call them pirates but I looked up similar ones and they were called homebrew so that's why I called them that.

scott

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:51 am »
I've always wondered if we should be listing romhacks and "reproductions" on the site. I think the closest we have for a listing for them would be "Unofficial Release".
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:38:27 am »
Can put it under a general category. Dont seperate it by systems or anything. Just "Repros" or something. I havent ever bothered with them before but some of them are actually really well done and probably better than most of the games being released now anyhow.