Author Topic: Xbox SmartGlass  (Read 4296 times)

amauriel

Re: Xbox SmartGlass
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:12 pm »
windows 8 is crap

what information do you have to base this on? are you running the Consumer Preview?
you have to use it to know why it crap

Somehow I expected that kind of answer. Stock MS trashing just because its MS. Anyway...
i have use windows sense windows 95 so i am not trashing microsoft just because its microsoft but windows 8 is just crap

Windows 8 is designed to be used with a tablet
and that's the problem  tablets are just a fad

I don't think tablets are a fad. I think that they will change dramatically over the next few years, but I think the concept is here to stay. I love my Kindle Fire, I use it not only for reading and for watching things when I have a break, but also for easily pulling up GameFaqs if I'm stuck in a spot on a game. It's really become part of my daily life, and I know many others who feel the same way.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

teknophyl

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:19 am »
Sorry, but as someone in the IT industry who has over 15 years experience programming on a variety of platforms and devices, both Windows and non-Windows based, I am reasonably sure as a person can be that tablets are NOT a fad. All the data regarding cap ex, developer community ecosystems, and other important metrics is publically available if you are interested in learning why it's not going anywhere.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42:34 am »
I agree that tablets aren't a fad, but I don't think they'll ever be a replacement for a good desktop/laptop PC.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:25:05 pm »
I agree that tablets aren't a fad, but I don't think they'll ever be a replacement for a good desktop/laptop PC.
I think that eventually they will become the norm in some way, I think they will need a keyboard before that happens though. The laptop and desktop will always have a place for some people but the average household will just have tablets.

jobocan

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »
I think that eventually they will become the norm in some way, I think they will need a keyboard before that happens though. The laptop and desktop will always have a place for some people but the average household will just have tablets.

See, that's the thing. If Tablets get keyboards, then they're pretty much just laptops, and in that case they because rather useless to buy since laptops do the same thing but better.

Tablets, as they are, will probably remain for quite a while. I don't see them changing much for the foreseeable future beyond getting stronger, but I do think they're here to stay.

amauriel

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 01:26:27 pm »

See, that's the thing. If Tablets get keyboards, then they're pretty much just laptops, and in that case they because rather useless to buy since laptops do the same thing but better.

Tablets, as they are, will probably remain for quite a while. I don't see them changing much for the foreseeable future beyond getting stronger, but I do think they're here to stay.

I have my Kindle Fire, so no keyboard, but Ronalopolis has an Asus Transformer that he takes back and forth to work. Although it certainly doesn't replace his desktop, the laptop is certainly used much less.

The Asus Transformer has a keyboard that can be clipped on to the bottom for typing. So there are even tablets already on the scene that are attempting to edge in on the laptop market.

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »
I actually also have a keyboard for my tablet, it's USB and it also acts as a case, pretty nice... Though my tablet is terrible, it's a refurb of sorts (Super Pad 3) that I only use when I do longer gaming sessions and I want to use MSN without having to sit at the computer. For me, if I had a laptop (my laptop has been broken for years), it would get a lot more use than my tablet, and I'd use it for the same thing.

teknophyl

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »

They arent supposed to be replacements. I bought my iPad to help me with a lot of things, but I didn't buy it to develop software on, or write project plans.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

killerchameleon

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »
Onlive has been doing this for the last two years.  Xbox SmartGlass technology has already been done, there behind and need to catch up.

matt

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
Onlive has been doing this for the last two years.  Xbox SmartGlass technology has already been done, there behind and need to catch up.

Thanks for pulling the thread back on topic ha. I am actually really curious to see what all they do with SmartGlass. The E3 presser didn't really impress me but some of the hands on demos they showed off after did. When I get into a game, I really like to get into it. All the companion material that devs can make for a game could be really cool. I also like the idea of using my smart phone as a mouse and text entry for surfing and controller media on my 360.

killerchameleon

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »
Thanks for pulling the thread back on topic ha. I am actually really curious to see what all they do with SmartGlass. The E3 presser didn't really impress me but some of the hands on demos they showed off after did. When I get into a game, I really like to get into it. All the companion material that devs can make for a game could be really cool. I also like the idea of using my smart phone as a mouse and text entry for surfing and controller media on my 360.

After looking at a few more videos on the SmartGlass I think your right, there's more to it than I thought.

jcalder8

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 03:18:23 am »
I saw an ad foe the new Sherlock Holmes Bluray that does pretty much what SmartGlass does so I guess MS weren't the only ones with this idea.

htimreimer

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 09:22:36 am »
i heard that smart glass is coming to ios and android but not at launch and it could take up to year which brings me to the question are you willing to switch to a windows phone or tablet to use it

amauriel

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:50 pm »
i heard that smart glass is coming to ios and android but not at launch and it could take up to year which brings me to the question are you willing to switch to a windows phone or tablet to use it

For me, no way. I'm an Android girl all the way, and it's going to take a lot to sway me to competitors.