Author Topic: End of Month Stats for June 2012  (Read 3281 times)

scott

End of Month Stats for June 2012
« on: July 01, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »
This month saw some more impressive growth, especially in the Collections area, but it was slightly less than May's stats. All in all, every month seems like a good month at VGC and this one was no exception. Welcome to July the month of fireworks, barbeque and pool parties, here are your stats for June, 2012!

Users

June continued the trend of gaining over 200 new members to the website, while keeping with the average of 7 new users a day, like May. this brings us up to a total of 4,351 registered users on VGCollect! 

• Total Registered Users: 4,351
  • New Users: 207
  • Daily Average: 7

Items

New item and editing activity dropped slightly from the previous month. In June we added 888 new items to the database, down from 1439 in May. And we also saw 2,080 new edits roll through, also down from last month's 3,297. Not a huge deal really, since it is the beginning of Summer and this time of the year is always a bit slow in the gaming industry. Still, that's some impressive work on your part and we are sitting on 25,955 items in the database now, just a measly 45 items away from 26,000!

• Total Items in Database: 25,955
  • New Items: 888
  • Daily Average: 30
  • Edits: 2,080
  • Daily Average Edits: 69

Collections

This month we're adding a new total to the list, the Total Added to Collections for the Month. This month 19,776 items were added to users collections! While it's still down from last month's 25,296 total, it's still super impressive and the 2nd highest total since we started tracking the number of games added to collections seven months ago. this brings us up to a total of 187,026 items listed in collections across the site.

The Wishlist also grew a healthy amount with 1,060 items listed to folk's wishlists. Starting next month I plan to begin tracking a daily average on Wishlists as well.

• Total Items in Collections: 187,026
  • Total Added to Collections: 19,776
  • Daily Average: 659
  • Total Items in Wishlists: 8,751
  • Items For Sale/ Trade: 829

That's it for the June stats, I can't wait to see us roll past the 200,000 total items in collections mark and if your all keep finding all those sweet loots at garage sales this Summer we should hit it in no time! Welcome to all the new folk's and thanks for everyone's hard work in maintaining the database, we couldn't do all of this without your guys!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

Re: End of Month Stats for June 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:12:30 pm »
the stats are still good ;D

matt

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:17 am »
I was gone all weekend on another little getaway...but great numbers! Thanks again Scott for posting this. I can't believe we are closing in on 200,000 collection items!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:44:59 am »
Nice!

If/when I ever get around to adding all of my strategy guides, OST's and 'swag'...it will give us a big boost towards that 200,000 mark  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

madmax

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »
Good stuff guys. Looks like a pretty solid month for VGCollect.

I haven't been able to contribute much because of my car accident (tight budget and fighting insurance all the time) but I will take a picture of my collection soon, Lots of goodies that haven't been photographed :)

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »
Nice!

If/when I ever get around to adding all of my strategy guides, OST's and 'swag'...it will give us a big boost towards that 200,000 mark  8)
Just wait until I start adding MY swag... my music alone (physical and digital) would probably be 200 more entries. >_>

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »
Nice!

Just wait until I start adding MY swag... my music alone (physical and digital) would probably be 200 more entries. >_>

This is why I'm waiting to have the games/swag separated somehow before I start adding swag. I don't want to think that I have 2000 games when I am closer to 1500 just because of a bunch of guides and figurines.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:31 am »
Nice!

This is why I'm waiting to have the games/swag separated somehow before I start adding swag. I don't want to think that I have 2000 games when I am closer to 1500 just because of a bunch of guides and figurines.
I keep a separte tally of all my games for this reason. I am inching closer to 2000 itwms but I just passed 1700 games.

These look like they are still solid numbers. I can't wait to see it hit a quarter of a million items in collections