Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32119 times)

jcalder8

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »

Just confirmed with the lady, I'm picking the thing up tomorrow after work. Yayness!

So...WTF; then man  :o

Put all of the rest of us out of our collective mystery & anticipation...and spill those damned beans already -and- tell us what *Happy* and *Lucky* "# One-Thousand" is gonna' be already :P

I won't say what it is until I can post pictures of it! Come on! :P (I promise it's actually something cool and not a dumb joke as some might be expecting)
Don't post until you have it in your hands, you don't want to jinx it!

htimreimer

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »

1980s Mead "Mega Man" Trapper Keeper Folder

what the hell is that

desocietas

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

1980s Mead "Mega Man" Trapper Keeper Folder

what the hell is that

It's great... it's like they gave no Fs about the proportions of a person and how it might be unhelpful for a battle robot to have weirdly short arms.

Also, is he humongous or just on a planet of tiny buttes?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
Is it just me...or...does anyone else see a *slight* resemblance to one "Mr. PyramidHead"  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2012, 09:09:30 pm »
I don't think it's actually licensed and that Mead invented someone named "Mega Man" and put it on the cover. That or there are worse artists than the ones at Capcom in 1987.
Normally, I'd agree.

But you see that little thing next to the "MAN" in "Mega Man"? That's a "TM", isn't it? That means they had to ask for permission to use the name. That means it's licensed.

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »
I don't want to look at it anymore, make it stop...

soera

« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »
Lol I would have never showed you the link of that if I had known you were actually going to buy it!

forte

« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2012, 05:26:36 am »
I don't think it's actually licensed and that Mead invented someone named "Mega Man" and put it on the cover. That or there are worse artists than the ones at Capcom in 1987.
Normally, I'd agree.

But you see that little thing next to the "MAN" in "Mega Man"? That's a "TM", isn't it? That means they had to ask for permission to use the name. That means it's licensed.
Yes, but whether that license is before 1987, or even legal, has been up for debate for a while:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=26&catid=7&threadid=68796

Since the product makes no mention of Capcom at all, and no one can figure out if it was made in 1987 or after, it doesn't appear to be a Capcom Mega Man, and if it was an attempt at a Capcom Mega Man, it was done illegally. Again, all speculation, but digging around seems to support the idea.

Lol I would have never showed you the link of that if I had known you were actually going to buy it!

This is a different one, I managed to snag a Mead folder for about 5 bucks :P This isn't the binder that a bunch of crazy people seem to think is worth 70 dollars.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:28:35 am by forte »

foxhack

« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2012, 03:47:58 pm »
Well, I found something strange yesterday.

Not the New Order tape with a concert ticket, nor the Depeche Mode CD (though they're both awesome in their own right), but the Shadoan CD. That is a game soundtrack for "Kingdoms II: Shadoan", some adventure / FMV game released for PCs. I never knew there was a soundtrack made, and so I bought it. I still haven't opened it. I dunno if it's worth selling or keeping...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:54:04 pm by foxhack »

soera

« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2012, 04:10:31 pm »
Well, today is a good day. I just hit 900 items and #900 : Panic Restaurant!!! I am extremely happy to own this. By far, the rarest game in my collection.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:13 pm »
Nice Find, SOERA!

Nothing spectactular here...but, between yesterday & today...I hit 3 or 4 pawnshops/retro game stores and walked away with:

(*YESTERDAY*)

Rayman GH C.I.B. PSX NA,
Digimon World GH C.I.B. PSX NA,

Gungrave: Overdose C.I.B. PS2 NA,
Crazy Taxi C.I.B. PS2 NA,
Wild Arms 3 (a double for me) C.I.B. PS2 NA,
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse C.I.B. PS2 NA,
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Deulists of the Roses C.I.B. PS2 NA
PRYZM Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn C.I.B. PS2 NA

(*That* 'Lot' came to $25.00).

-AND- today's "Final Take" was:

Shonen Jump Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (For some reason, this DS "Bleach" SRPG game has been ridiculously hard to find locally) C.I.B. DS NA
Coraline C.I.B. DS NA

Duke Nukem Forever (I know, I know...in spite of its horrible reviews - I just *can't* pass-up any recent & sealed games for under $5.00) *SEALED* PS3 NA
OverLord 2 C.I.B. PS3 NA
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma C.I.B. PS3 NA

...today's total was another $20.00 -SO- $45.00 for all of it over yesterday & today  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »
Congrats on the Panic Restaurant, that's a really tough one!

jobocan

« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »
Well, I talked about a great find for my item 1000 so here it is... before Disgaeniac dies from hype :P

Though I will say my day started crappy as I literally missed a deal on a Battletoads arcade cabinet by FIFTEEN MINUTES.... Goddammit.

So yeah, I found, on my local Kijiji, a complete in box Magnavox Odyssey, with everything it needs to play (cards, overlays, poker chips, roulette board, cartridges, fake money, cables, controllers)

Pretty happy about this, but THAT'S NOT ALL!

I was putting the Odyssey in my car when the lady comes out of her house and asks me if I'd want an original Xbox with some games because she was gonna throw them away... so she gave me that for free! Which was a big surprise for sure.

The games for the Xbox are:
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (will go well with the MAT1 that I randomly found in my xbox)
Mechassualt 2: Lonewolf - Limited Edition
Ninja Gaiden Black
Conker Live and Reloaded
The Suffering
Blade 2
Thrillville
Jade Empire Limited Edition

All that for 170$ (canadian), which is a lot less than even incomplete Odysseys usually go for (from what I've seen).

I'm pretty happy right now, despite missing that deal on the Battletoads arcade (which is, by the way, a completely different game from the NES version and it kicks all sorts of ass).

So yeah, here's my item 1000!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:13:38 pm by jobocan »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:23 pm »
Awesome finds Gentlemen! 
@soera - Gotta love that Panic Restaurant!  Most rare games are bullshit.  There's a reason they didn't make many, but Panic Restaurant is fun.  It's a good game that just got overlooked.

@jobocan - What a deal on that Odyssey!  That's a cool little piece of gaming history. 

Edit - I got so excited about you boys finds I forgot about mine.  I found Conker's Bad Fur Day for the low low price of FREE!  Somebody was going to put in a yard sale and my sister snagged it for me.  She said there was a whole box of games coming since she found someone who wants them.  This was beyond awesome since this is the game on the top of my want list right now.  Now, does anyone have a box and manual?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:36:22 pm by turf »

pacpix

« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:25 pm »
That Odyssey is amazing!  Have you tried it out yet?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)