Author Topic: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread  (Read 163538 times)

desocietas

Re: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2014, 03:04:41 pm »
Cool setup, desocietas! I'll add a few things in a sec. I also deleted the Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter PS2 thing because... I already bought it for PC! :D

It might be a good idea to mention our shipping info on a separate tab since some of us are Canadian and some are not. :p

Glad you like it :D  and that's a great idea about the user location - we can keep that general, of course, but it'll def help give folks an idea if it's feasible or not to help someone out.  I'll add that column now :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »
This is a great idea!

karyann

« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »
Really awesome, thanks Deso! :D It's going to be much easier to help folks now.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2014, 10:48:13 pm »
In order to make it easier for me, I started a Google Doc with everyone's requests :)

I'm going backwards in date, so I don't have everything yet, but that way I avoid adding stuff that I have to delete later.

Edit and add as you like - this makes it easier for me to refer to in case I'm out and about and wanted a quick reference chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VJoE4HTz7WOIqf6uxdqanNfAa_tOPctTd51yEv8aOdg/edit?usp=sharing

Wow thanks man! I will certainly check this the next time I'm at the mom and pop shop.

You have some of my "looking fors" from over a month ago. This must have taken a while to put together.

Thanks again.

desocietas

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »
 ;D  No problem, folks.  Have been meaning to do this for a while because I often will go to a store and see stuff and think, "didn't so-and-so want this?" but didn't want to stand in the store sifting through the 17 pages or whatever of this thread, ha.

Please feel free to add/remove items as you see fit.  This should make it easy for folks to reorder the data by platform, etc.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:16 am »
Awesome item girl. I looked at it and realized my list is way out of date. I deleted the stuff I dont need anymore but not sure how to close the gap where it doesnt look so lazy on my part.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »
I'm wondering if a column should be added where we can specify what we'd be willing to pay?

Some of these may be hot items where there isn't an opportunity to wait for a "hey I found this for $$$" want me to grab it?

By the same token it'd suck to pay too much for something and find the requester isn't interested at that price.

desocietas

« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2014, 06:50:49 pm »
I'm wondering if a column should be added where we can specify what we'd be willing to pay?

Some of these may be hot items where there isn't an opportunity to wait for a "hey I found this for $$$" want me to grab it?

By the same token it'd suck to pay too much for something and find the requester isn't interested at that price.

Good point!  I'll put in a column later tonight (hoping I remember, ha).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »
Awesome item girl. I looked at it and realized my list is way out of date. I deleted the stuff I dont need anymore but not sure how to close the gap where it doesnt look so lazy on my part.

haha, i appreciate you keeping your part of it up to date, though!  that was the biggest incentive for me in creating the spreadsheet - it'd make it easier to read and update!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:02 am »
In desperate look for the Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition preorder. I do not want to resort on going to ebay and buying off over priced resellers trying to make even with their three max purchase.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:30:07 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »
I need a snes system.  I bought one in a yard sale a couple months back, but it *reeks* of cigarette smoke and I cannot de-smokify it.  Lemme know if you can help me out.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2014, 09:32:31 pm »
I need a snes system.  I bought one in a yard sale a couple months back, but it *reeks* of cigarette smoke and I cannot de-smokify it.  Lemme know if you can help me out.  :)

The local mom and pop here has dozens of them. Any particular model you want? Do you care if it's game genie compatible?

Need controllers, hookups etc?

How much you looking to pay?

argyle

« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »
I could probably use one controller because odds are I won't be able to get the smell out of those either.  I can probably salvage the other hookups tho.

I have no idea what they go for - I just know it's not the $100 I just saw one listed for on ebay.  :o
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:56 am »

Put it in a plastic container with a couple of dryer sheets.  This works like a champ.  They only issue is it won't smell like smoke anymore, but it will have that "Spring Rain" scent.

argyle

« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2014, 10:17:01 am »

Put it in a plastic container with a couple of dryer sheets.  This works like a champ.  They only issue is it won't smell like smoke anymore, but it will have that "Spring Rain" scent.

It's been in a tupperware container with several dryer sheets for at least 2 months now.  :P  When I opened it last night it nearly knocked me out - it smells like it was in a cigarette factory.