Author Topic: New Mega Man X game no wait not this NOT THIS  (Read 2167 times)

foxhack

New Mega Man X game no wait not this NOT THIS
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:18:29 pm »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487152

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: New Mega Man X game no wait not this NOT THIS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:50 pm »
Totally agree w/ you.

This is more of a slap in the face to the series' long-time fans, players, and supporters IMO.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:28 pm »
Is that even a game? I mean... WTF

soera

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »
I think it looks cool. :)

Whats wrong with it? :|

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »

The platform (IOS only) :(

soera

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
Oh ... its cell phone only? I fucking H A T E cell phones. I dont own one, I never plan to. Why is this world so reliant on these fucking things anymore? I almost got into wreck yesterday. This jackass in front of me straight up ran a red light. Then he swerves right in front of me every time I changed lanes. I finally got next to him and see that he is two hand texting on his phone. I told him to fuck his phone and to pay attention to the damned road.

The fact that companies are wasting time to add more games to phones is irritating. I can see why everyone is pissed now. It pisses me off too.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 05:29:32 pm »
At first I just saw "Crossover Megaman games with elements and characters from all previous Megaman games!" and my mind was BLOWN!... until I saw that it was a crappy iOS social game.

What the hell is that? What was the thought process here? "Hey, people were really pissed that we cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe, so let's make something no one in the Megaman fanbase will enjoy!"
Are they just planning to have every gamer out there to hate them? Bastards.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 06:06:43 pm »
Oh my GAWD! what have they done to poor megaman, first they cancel the megaman mmo, then the street fighter x tekken shit and now this! jeeze as if it werent already crappy to be a megaman fan. Im sorry

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:43 pm »

Mega Man's wearing a feather boa
Touch control screens
Social RPG
Apple OS only

APPLE OS ONLY

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:08:17 pm »

Social game, which means it will have the depth of a puddle. And, from the looks of the screenshots, it seems it won't have actual gameplay, but rather be some auto-play kinda thing where the button you have selected changes what Megaman automatically does (notice that, instead of a d-pad, it's a "Skip" button... so the part that could potentially be kinda fun... will be playing itself).

So it's not much of a game, as far as I can see. Just a thing where you select stuff and sometimes level up. Like the average really bad Facebook "RPG".

scott

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 04:59:50 pm »
Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man anymore. It's obvious this is the last Mega Man game that they plan on releasing, hence the name "Rockman Over". They'll go back to milking Resident Evil and Street Fighter. While Mega Man goes the route of Alex Kidd.  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

forte

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 08:49:19 pm »
Fuck Crapcom, Fuck Crapple

scott

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 05:26:28 pm »
I just don't get it. He's supposed to be their mascot, and yet all his games have been cancelled since Inafune left. Now they plan on releasing this crap instead? Obviously the community was all about Universe and Legends 3, they could totally fucked it up and they STILL would have made a boat load of money off of it. Instead they scrap the both of them and release this piece of trash instead?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »
No one understands Capcom anymore. I certainly don't get Capcom anymore, even looking at a "we're a company we have to make money" perspective.

Instead of being run by game developers and what their fanbase wants to see, they're controlled by corporate douchebags who think they know what's best for profit only and nothing else... but even those guys should know by now that bad mobile social games isn't the way to go, ESPECIALLY not for Mega Man.
It's like the only REALLY good decision they made this whole generation was Mega Man 9. Everything else has something we can complain about. Bad choice of developers, publishing bad games, not even thinking about making the fanbase of a series happy, dumb DLC, cancelling games people really want to see... Even the good games like SFIV and U/MvC3 are flooded with issues in regards to release schedules and various other things. Capcom are just not making any sense anymore.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 09:05:37 am »
No one understands Capcom anymore. I certainly don't get Capcom anymore, even looking at a "we're a company we have to make money" perspective.

Instead of being run by game developers and what their fanbase wants to see, they're controlled by corporate douchebags who think they know what's best for profit only and nothing else... but even those guys should know by now that bad mobile social games isn't the way to go, ESPECIALLY not for Mega Man.
It's like the only REALLY good decision they made this whole generation was Mega Man 9. Everything else has something we can complain about. Bad choice of developers, publishing bad games, not even thinking about making the fanbase of a series happy, dumb DLC, cancelling games people really want to see... Even the good games like SFIV and U/MvC3 are flooded with issues in regards to release schedules and various other things. Capcom are just not making any sense anymore.

In a nutshell; this!