Author Topic: Ps1 RPG List NA launches  (Read 4338 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Ps1 RPG List NA launches
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:00:32 pm »
Thats why I didnt list it ... cause its part of one of the compliations I mentioned.
Elemental Gearbolt is a shooter.
I considered adding Brave Fencer but chose against it cause I think its more of an action/adventure game.

Oh, I know - you're totally right!

*BUT*, I listed it separately since there's a good chance that those that aren't as familiar w/ PSX games as we are...could easily assume that a FF-compilation may just have 2 FF games on it...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:32 am »
Very true. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:32 pm »
Very true. :)

COOL!

So...we both *"WIN"*  :D

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:47:08 pm »
Thats why I didnt list it ... cause its part of one of the compliations I mentioned.
I considered adding Brave Fencer but chose against it cause I think its more of an action/adventure game.

Elemental Gearbolt is a shooter you gain experience and level up in, imo it's part RPG

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:50:40 pm »

Elemental Gearbolt is a shooter you gain experience and level up in, imo it's part RPG

I would consider it in an rpg based on those elements. 

scott

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:48:56 pm »

Sounds kinda along the same lines as Borderlands? I don't know anything about Elemental Gearbolt though, so maybe I'm wrong. But if it is, Borderlands is considered an "FPS RPG".
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 06:27:02 pm »

Sounds kinda along the same lines as Borderlands? I don't know anything about Elemental Gearbolt though, so maybe I'm wrong. But if it is, Borderlands is considered an "FPS RPG".

Kind of, what I remember is that at the end of each level there is a boss.  After defeating the boss the game awards you points or experience (your choice) based on your performance, going up in level increases your damage and health, allowing you to get further into the game.  There are combos and chalices that can award more points or experience, and a level cap of 16.  I remember the attacks being Fire, Lightening and Water. 

Look at those scores... underrated? Yup!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:31:14 pm by varkias »

soera

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 10:43:53 am »
The sight of "fps rpg" makes me want to puke a little. :(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 11:11:28 am »

You, too?

jobocan

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 11:28:57 am »

It can be good, just look at Borderlands :P

scott

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 11:44:45 am »

It can be good, just look at Borderlands :P

I agree, I really like Borderlands and can't wait until Borderlands 2 comes out. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are also "FPS RPGs", though thanks to VATS you don't have to actually play it FPS style. But other than those two series, I doubt I'd go out and buy every clone that comes out, as I prefer JRPGs anyway.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread