Author Topic: Capcom vs. Konami: Which do you enjoy more?  (Read 2533 times)

scott

Re: Capcom vs. Konami: Which do you enjoy more?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 12:58:34 pm »
It used to be one of my all-time favorite game series, too.

Yep. RE used to be one of my favorite franchises, and I even liked RE5. Though I told everyone that it doesn't feel like a RE game until act 3-4. I thought RE: Revelations was a good entry in the series too. But from what I've heard about Raccoon City and 6, it's disappointing.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

Re: Capcom vs. Konami: Which do you enjoy more?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 02:33:51 pm »
Definitely more of a Capcom guy. While they've made their share of missteps, I've been a Resident Evil and Street Fighter fan for years, like stuff like Lost Planet and Dead Rising quite a bit, and generally speaking, their games have a certain "feel" to them that I really love. Not sure what that feel is exactly - cheesy seriousness, maybe? :p

Konami's got their share of awesome stuff, but it's much more few and far between, and I really despise what they've done with both Castlevania and Silent Hill lately, even moreso than some of the changes Capcom's made to RE. Contra's been meh since Shattered Soldier, and while Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders almost save them, I'm not really warming up to the sudden onslaught of MGS stuff lately. Feels way too much like a cash and grab, either because Kojima's sick of the series, or Konami's gotten too reliant on the series as a cash cow.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:37:37 pm by insektmute »