Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170869 times)

kashell

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1425 on: November 20, 2015, 08:34:47 am »
I'm anxiously awaiting Stella Glow for the 3DS. It'll be a great travel companion.

Its out ...  :o

Oh, I know. ^^ I ordered it from amazon, so it will be here on Saturday.

abe

« Reply #1426 on: November 20, 2015, 08:54:31 am »
Preordered the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition. Was also going to preorder The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Amiibo combo but I was in a hurry and waited (like an idiot) until after I got to university this morning to put my preorder in aaaaaand now it's unavailable. I'm so disappointed now. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #1427 on: November 20, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
Preordered the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition.

Have they made any adjustments to the game play in this version? That special edition looks neat, despite the fact that the size L tee-shirt would look like a tent on me.

Odin Sphere was a gorgeous looking game, but playing it on the other hand...yikes.

abe

« Reply #1428 on: November 20, 2015, 10:44:57 am »
Preordered the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition.

Have they made any adjustments to the game play in this version? That special edition looks neat, despite the fact that the size L tee-shirt would look like a tent on me.

Odin Sphere was a gorgeous looking game, but playing it on the other hand...yikes.

There are some adjustments. Some info on the changes here. I realise some people that are at work right now may or may not be able to view this so I'll quote the important stuff below.

Quote from: Gematsu Article
    Regarding recreation…
    Ohnishi: “While we loved Odin Sphere, it’s a game that received some critical feedback. It was made as a successor to Princess Crown, but the result was something that betrayed the original form.
    “Because we released it with slowdowns and such, we couldn’t just do a simple HD-ification.
    “We didn’t want to seem like we thought, ‘sure enough it’s an old title, so,’—so instead thought we should rebuild it all again as we would a new VanillaWare game.
    “But on the other hand, since I’m sure we’ll have players that value the original version, we have the completely preserved original version included in HD [via Classic Mode]. We decided to make it a double-feature.”
    Regarding new mechanics…
    “We’re putting in mid-boss monsters not included in the original version. They’re called mid-bosses, but they’re more splendidly made than the old bosses. And enemies from the original game have a new thought logic to them, so you can play it with a fresh sense.
    “The controls have a Dragon’s Crown and Muramasa-like familiarity and easier sense of control to them.”

desocietas

« Reply #1429 on: November 20, 2015, 11:01:07 am »
Preordered the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition. Was also going to preorder The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Amiibo combo but I was in a hurry and waited (like an idiot) until after I got to university this morning to put my preorder in aaaaaand now it's unavailable. I'm so disappointed now. :'(

Does Gamestop ship to you? They still have some available.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1430 on: November 20, 2015, 11:12:46 am »
Hmm...I think I'll have to see footage at some point. Thanks for posting that information.

It was such a messy title. It had the look of an action game, but it didn't want you to play it like most action games. It still sounds like you have to go through the same levels again and fight the same bosses, but some people enjoyed that.

karyann

« Reply #1431 on: November 20, 2015, 11:18:35 am »
I'm anxiously awaiting Stella Glow for the 3DS. It'll be a great travel companion.

Are you going on vacation, or you're talking about general daily travel?

kashell

« Reply #1432 on: November 20, 2015, 11:27:41 am »

Are you going on vacation, or you're talking about general daily travel?

A little bit of both. Since my work hours are going to be getting shifted slightly, it'll be good for before work. I'll be traveling for Christmas, too. ^^

abe

« Reply #1433 on: November 25, 2015, 09:05:30 am »
Best Buy opened preorders for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Amiibo bundle in Canada and I've got mine secured now. I also preordered the 3DS Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition from EB. :D Now all I've got left to worry about is securing a preorder for the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition and I'll be set for preorders for quite a while. :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1434 on: November 27, 2015, 08:53:42 am »
Pre-ordered
Xenoblade Chronicles X: Special edition + Guide
Gravity Rush: Remaster
Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Black Friday orders
Transformers Devastation
Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition
Tales of Zesteria CE

« Reply #1435 on: November 27, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »
I've tried to not go too overboard, buuut there's honestly a LOT of great stuff on the horizon, so I will probably add more :D

- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Lionheart Edition [PS3]
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD [Wii U]
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - Storybook Edition [PS4]
- Resident Evil: Origins Collection [PS4]

Xenoblade Chronicles SE and Fire Emblem Fates SE would both be on there, but as usual, Nintendo sold out in about 10 seconds because they can't figure out how to distribute their own products properly :/

davifus

« Reply #1436 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:34 pm »
Ordered a LG 29UB55-B 29inch Ultra wide IPS Monitor. wew lads I can't wait for it.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #1437 on: November 27, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »
I've tried to not go too overboard, buuut there's honestly a LOT of great stuff on the horizon, so I will probably add more :D

- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Lionheart Edition [PS3]
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD [Wii U]
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - Storybook Edition [PS4]
- Resident Evil: Origins Collection [PS4]

Xenoblade Chronicles SE and Fire Emblem Fates SE would both be on there, but as usual, Nintendo sold out in about 10 seconds because they can't figure out how to distribute their own products properly :/

Let me know if you still haven't gotten a copy of FE Fates SE by the time it launches - I may be able to help you out :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1438 on: November 29, 2015, 06:07:10 am »
And I think I'm gonna pre-order Just Cause 3.  It's on sale a few bucks and I think I'm gonna get this over Xenoblade Chronicles X.  I really want to play that, but after Metal Gear Solid V and Fallout 4 lately, another huge time sink game feels abit overboard.  Put 100 hours into Fallout 4 and a 150 hours into MGSV lol

Think it'll be good to go nuts in Just Cause 3 instead with it's big colorful world of tethers, vehicles, and explosions.

« Reply #1439 on: November 29, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »
Let me know if you still haven't gotten a copy of FE Fates SE by the time it launches - I may be able to help you out :)

I would basically owe you an entire crate of churros or something if you were able to swing something. Dug all over, no luck!