Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171410 times)

shepard11

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1455 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:44 pm »
I'm just waiting here for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Just preordered and paid for those bad boys yesterday.

kashell

« Reply #1456 on: April 14, 2016, 08:17:40 am »
Valkyria Chronicles for the PS4 has been pre-ordered. I'm excited; I adore this series.

abe

« Reply #1457 on: May 04, 2016, 09:32:17 am »
There's some rumors that the collector's edition of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE won't be available in Canada, which is believable since it's still not up for preorder anywhere and it wouldn't be the first time we've missed something with no good explanation as to why. Because of this, I decided to not risk missing out on what I'd consider to be part of my Fire Emblem collection and put in a preorder for the CE from the US GameStop online store. Hopefully it is no more than a baseless rumor and it will go up for preorder here soon so I can save some money.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #1458 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:33 am »
There's some rumors that the collector's edition of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE won't be available in Canada, which is believable since it's still not up for preorder anywhere and it wouldn't be the first time we've missed something with no good explanation as to why. Because of this, I decided to not risk missing out on what I'd consider to be part of my Fire Emblem collection and put in a preorder for the CE from the US GameStop online store. Hopefully it is no more than a baseless rumor and it will go up for preorder here soon so I can save some money.

Best of luck! :) I ordered the new Zero Escape from the US as well since we aren't getting this collector either, and I have thought about canceling my order more than a few times. I'm still very unsure, honestly. With the change rate + shipping + probably duty, it's gonna be horrible.

abe

« Reply #1459 on: May 04, 2016, 11:02:47 am »
Best of luck! :) I ordered the new Zero Escape from the US as well since we aren't getting this collector either, and I have thought about canceling my order more than a few times. I'm still very unsure, honestly. With the change rate + shipping + probably duty, it's gonna be horrible.

Yeah, the cost is less than ideal, and worse than what it would've been from Amazon.com, but it's already sold out on Amazon.com. :'( At least our dollar isn't nearly as awful as it was a few months ago. :-\ I can't imagine that it'll end up costing as much as what scalpers will want on eBay even after the exchange rate and such.

desocietas

« Reply #1460 on: May 04, 2016, 12:00:50 pm »

:( Is the pre order for the watch bundle? I'd definitely hold onto that in case you managed to get one of those as they're very hard to come by.

Also, Abe, I'll keep an eye on Amazon for you. It becomes available from them off and on... Was available two days ago, briefly, I recall.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1461 on: May 04, 2016, 12:30:13 pm »
Also, Abe, I'll keep an eye on Amazon for you. It becomes available from them off and on... Was available two days ago, briefly, I recall.

Thanks. :) It would be nice to save some money. Then again, after thinking about it some more I know Amazon would probably send it in a bubble mailer. Games get mushed enough when those morons pack big expensive games with bubble mailers for packages sent within Canada, I don't even want to imagine what kind of shape it would arrive in after going through customs. :o EB Games does a better job of packing stuff in general, so I'd assume GameStop is the same with you Amerifriends.

« Reply #1462 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:28 pm »
My current pre-orders:
Valkyria Chronicles (PS4)
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright (3DS)
Fire Emblem Fates COnquest (3DS)
Mighty No. 9 (PS4)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii-U)
Star Ocean V (PS4)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV: Special Edition (PS4)
Pokemon Sun (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
South Park: The Fracture but Whole (PS4)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

I will add the following to it when amazon has them available for pre-order:
FIFA 17 (PS4)
Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)

Games I am waiting for but won't get Day 1:
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3)
Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PSV)
Doom (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS4)
Deux Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS)
Mafia 3  (PS4)
Dishonored 2 (PS4)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (PSV)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (PS4)
Nier Automata (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PSV)

desocietas

« Reply #1463 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »

Thanks. :) It would be nice to save some money. Then again, after thinking about it some more I know Amazon would probably send it in a bubble mailer. Games get mushed enough when those morons pack big expensive games with bubble mailers for packages sent within Canada, I don't even want to imagine what kind of shape it would arrive in after going through customs. :o EB Games does a better job of packing stuff in general, so I'd assume GameStop is the same with you Amerifriends.

Yeah, unfortunately Amazon sent my FE Fates Special Edition in a padded mailer, and the kind delivery person tried to hide it under my doormat... where I promptly stepped on it by accident  >:(

GameStop is usually better for us, but my bf (who works at one of the stores) says that GS may start packaging their games in those corrugated mailers... the ones with no padding and kinda just seal in the game between two pieces of cardboard. Those are probably better for the environment but don't do squat for helping to protect corners and edges...  Maybe that'll just be the case for their regular games with plastic cases, but who knows if they'll do that with special editions too  :o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1464 on: May 05, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
Soooo... the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE special edition is available for preorder at EB Games in Canada. That's good, but what's not so good is the price. Wait for it... $120. >:( Yes, $120 Canadian. Before taxes. Closing in on $140 (for me) after taxes. Who decided these prices? Our dollar was at $0.77 USD last time I checked, not $0.66. ??? My order from GameStop's US website is cheaper after shipping and the exchange rate.

GameStop is usually better for us, but my bf (who works at one of the stores) says that GS may start packaging their games in those corrugated mailers... the ones with no padding and kinda just seal in the game between two pieces of cardboard.

Thanks for that info. I might have to settle for Amazon's sloppy shipping practices if it becomes available on Amazon.ca.

desocietas

« Reply #1465 on: May 06, 2016, 02:10:55 am »
Soooo... the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE special edition is available for preorder at EB Games in Canada. That's good, but what's not so good is the price. Wait for it... $120. >:( Yes, $120 Canadian. Before taxes. Closing in on $140 (for me) after taxes. Who decided these prices? Our dollar was at $0.77 USD last time I checked, not $0.66. ??? My order from GameStop's US website is cheaper after shipping and the exchange rate.

GameStop is usually better for us, but my bf (who works at one of the stores) says that GS may start packaging their games in those corrugated mailers... the ones with no padding and kinda just seal in the game between two pieces of cardboard.

Thanks for that info. I might have to settle for Amazon's sloppy shipping practices if it becomes available on Amazon.ca.

Ouch, that's crazy. I know a lot of folks were upset about the Canadian pricing for SMT: Apocalypse. I checked with the bf, and he said, depending on the size of the LE, they'd probably send it in a proper box.  That might've been the issue with FE:Fates SE... since it was on the smaller size, they may have just decided that a padded mailer was good enough for that.  I'm not sure how big that Tokyo Mirage SE would be, but maybe it'd be box-worthy?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

PlayerC90

« Reply #1466 on: May 06, 2016, 05:14:29 am »
I don't have that much preordered right now (although all are kinda expensive...):

Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Fortissimo Edition
Final Fantasy XV - Ultimate Collector's Edition (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV - Deluxe Edition (Xbox One)

abe

« Reply #1467 on: May 07, 2016, 12:02:12 pm »
Well, apparently the TMS #FE special edition is an EB Games exclusive in Canada. This news is coming from their official Twitter account, so there's no reason to doubt that. This gives me the impression that they think they can rip us off and charge $120 just because no other retailers will be carrying it out here, which really pisses me off. >:( I might just cancel my preorder from GameStop for that reason (since they're owned by the same company). There seems to be little demand for it. Preorders have been up for it on EB and GameStop for days now and at this point it seems that there's really no reason for it to be difficult to get later. I already have a 30% off promo preorder for the standard edition through Best Buy, so it's not like I won't be playing it at launch.

karyann

« Reply #1468 on: May 09, 2016, 08:09:53 pm »
Well, apparently the TMS #FE special edition is an EB Games exclusive in Canada. This news is coming from their official Twitter account, so there's no reason to doubt that. This gives me the impression that they think they can rip us off and charge $120 just because no other retailers will be carrying it out here, which really pisses me off. >:( I might just cancel my preorder from GameStop for that reason (since they're owned by the same company). There seems to be little demand for it. Preorders have been up for it on EB and GameStop for days now and at this point it seems that there's really no reason for it to be difficult to get later. I already have a 30% off promo preorder for the standard edition through Best Buy, so it's not like I won't be playing it at launch.

Yeah, that $120 price is seriously ridiculous...  >:( Let's hope that the CE will still be available in a few months, and for cheaper. I'll get it if that's the case.

jsoup

« Reply #1469 on: May 11, 2016, 02:46:54 am »
I tend to keep my pre-order list small these days. Aside from LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens....I actually think that's going to be it for the year, depending on how expensive Pokemon Sun/Moon is.