Author Topic: nastiest collection cleaning  (Read 762 times)

htimreimer

nastiest collection cleaning
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:57:24 am »
this is an update of one of my first post and now thare more people on the site and are collections have gotten bigger i would like to ask what is the nastiest thing you have clean in your  collection

for me its still dead spiders in my nes and my odyssey 2

ffxik

Re: nastiest collection cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:54 am »
Perform a repair job on any console that has a fan in it.  Especially if the owner, doesn't dust and is an avid smoker.   My personal favorite is the above with a helping of putting his gaming hardware in a outdoor storage shed for 3 years.

" :) I need this cleaned and repaired please." < him
" ??? I hope you have money, and lots of it." < me

You can also consider this a pet peeve of mine.

It may not be my collection per say, but it's still nasty.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:26:26 am by ffxik »

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »
My 1984 red tent arcade was easily the most disgusting this I ever had to clean gaming-wise...  It was full of soda, skin, gum, wrappers, bugs, pens, and more.  It was all over the inside THICK... fortunately I decided to have it powdercoated so the sandblasting did most of the work for me.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »
It was full of soda
was thare any pop cans throws are worth keeping

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:37 am »
My 1984 red tent arcade was easily the most disgusting this I ever had to clean gaming-wise...  It was full of soda, skin, gum, wrappers, bugs, pens, and more.  It was all over the inside THICK... fortunately I decided to have it powdercoated so the sandblasting did most of the work for me.
I still need to deal with my red tent but I would guess that it would turn out to be my nastiest also. From what I can see there is dirt inside it. Unfortunately I don't have the keys for it so I can't open one side so I haven't been able to give it the cleaning it deserves.